Why are you buying fewer DVDs?

aw004g

CAGiversary!
There's news out there that DVD sales are starting to slow. Why are you buying fewer DVDs?

For me it's a combo of not enough space and switching to purchasing on HD and BR.

My collection is way too big to waste the shelf space on just any movie now. The only movies Ive purchased this year were Chuck and Larry, Apocalypto, Superbad, and 300. PLUS ever since getting my 360 a few months back I havent had the downtime to watch movies.

I've bought more DVDs the last year than I have ever mostly because of all the great deals. I'm not going to go HD for at least a couple of more years mostly because of financial constraints and also I don't see this huge difference between DVDs and Blu-Ray/HDDVD.

Mainly less money, waiting on the hd-dvd war and I only buy the definitive editions of movies I love. Not the so called special edition dvds they keep putting out. Give me something like the new Blade Runner package and you got yourself a deal.

i am still buying them i got over 600 dvds so might as well keep it going and before you ask yes they are real no bootlegs for me thanks :)

I think the reason DVD sales have slumped is because a majority of people already bought most of the movies they want on DVD excluding new releases. A few years ago we were still getting old movies finally being released on DVD where as now, everything is pretty much out.

Blu-Ray and HD-DVD have slowed the sales of new dvds but it's because for a few bucks more we get Hi-Def. A few years ago we got new movies at a great price. Now everything is $17 for a 1 disc edition with some dumb 2 disc also out for $22. Everyone is waiting for the sale unless it's Hi-Def.

"I'm not, I'm buying more than ever!" for me.

With the awesome trifecta of:

BF Wal-mart $2.97 deals (Fifth Element 2D, Zathura, etc.)
B1G1F TV Boxsets at DD & FYE.com (Arrested Development, Sunny in Philly)
$9 amazon/others deals(Robocop Steelbook, Pan's Labyrinth 2D, Robocop 2D)
I think I've bought more DVDs in the past month than I have in over a year...

bread's done
Back