Why are Yugioh cards worth almost nothing on ebay

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cheapass24

CAGiversary!
Feedback
17 (100%)
So I found my huge yugioh collection this morning, and went on ebay to see how much they go for. Wow did that depress me. Ultra rares and secret rares going for literally $2. Huge 1000 card lots for $25. What the hell? How are they worth so little now? =(

That's why I traded all my Yu-Gi-Oh cards for Pokemon. Sure, everyone scoffed at the time, but my investment consultant said I should invest for the long haul. Pokemon might not have been as sexy, but it's a standard rate of return you can depend on.

One of the real reasons that cards are hardly worth anything anymore is that most all the cards that were ever worth anything have been reprinted in easier to get versions now.

[quote name='BigSpoonyBard']That's why I traded all my Yu-Gi-Oh cards for Pokemon. Sure, everyone scoffed at the time, but my investment consultant said I should invest for the long haul. Pokemon might not have been as sexy, but it's a standard rate of return you can depend on.[/quote]

:rofl:

Because like most things with no inherent function their worth is entirely artificial. You should be happy you can get $2 for one when they're literally worth less than a cent apiece.

You're crazy, next you'll be trying to tell me my digimon card collection i've been saving for retirement is worthless.

cause noone likes yu gi oh any more...looks a few years back how many YU GI OH games came out for the psp and Ds and ps2.... Now compair that to how many are coming in the next 6 months (NONE)

yu gi oh is just a dead game noone plays anymore

I used to get 20 to 30 bucks out of the free promos every time a yu gi oh video game came out LOL

Mostly because they flood the market with reprints. Their commons are generally worth nothing (unless they're really good and are never reprinted), and any good rares that are reprinted drop in value. That, and YGO doesn't have the following it used to.

I sold my decks on ebay for $60 3 years ago. The buyer didn't pay and didn't communicate at all. I forgot about the deck and put it up for audction again last nonth. It was sold for $7...

[quote name='Geotechy18']Maybe the realy old yugioh cards will be worth something in the next 30 yrs, who knows.[/QUOTE]

i'm so happy that you bumped this thread from two and a half years ago to tell us that.

[quote name='slidecage']cause noone likes yu gi oh any more...looks a few years back how many YU GI OH games came out for the psp and Ds and ps2.... Now compair that to how many are coming in the next 6 months (NONE)

yu gi oh is just a dead game noone plays anymore

I used to get 20 to 30 bucks out of the free promos every time a yu gi oh video game came out LOL[/QUOTE]

I think that has more to do with the PSP and DS dying. There arent many non license crap coming out. The current TV show hasn't end (yet) and they will get at least one more game out.

Edit: There is Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's World Championship 2011: Over the Nexus coming out in May

[quote name='Scorch']i'm so happy that you bumped this thread from two and a half years ago to tell us that.[/QUOTE]

:rofl: Gotta love the dead thread revival.

My bro in law is turning 19 and still plays this shit. He went to college and is in some club where a bunch of guys like him gather and play yu gi oh. I wish he would stop because he needs a gf asap!

Google pot of duality or trishula and then tell me cards in this game are worthless. I just sold off the rest of my trade binder for $140 on ebay and thats after I traded off some of my cards for $200 in games. I still have my deck thats worth around $150. I only really play at regionals or tournaments with cash or electronic prices like wii tournaments and stuff.

My cousin who was much younger than me used to like Yu-Gi-Oh! cards and the cartoon. I used to make fun of him pretty bad (and still do) for this.

Why does "Yu-Gi-Oh!" have an exclamation point? Am I supposed to act suprised every time I say it? Am I supposed to shout the "Oh?" The name really really rubs me the wrong way, and compels me to unmercifully mock the young wanna-be-weeaboo nerds who got into this Pokemon cash-in.

I loathe the name!

Yu-Gi-OH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[quote name='mr_burnzz']My bro in law is turning 19 and still plays this shit. He went to college and is in some club where a bunch of guys like him gather and play yu gi oh. I wish he would stop because he needs a gf asap![/QUOTE]

Don't jump to conclusions, man. I met my fiance at a Yugioh tournament. ;)

Not surprised. It seems the only two big cards games still fetching lots of money are Magic and Pokemon. Pokemon has the backing of Nintendo so it's a no brainier and Magic I don't think will ever die. Magic is like the standard of collectible card games for years now. I been playing magic for about half a year now but to see it last for how many years now proves how much of a devoted fanbase it has.

[quote name='Scorch']i'm so happy that you bumped this thread from two and a half years ago to tell us that.[/QUOTE]

Me too.

I was just wondering why Yugioh cars are worth almost nothing on ebay.

For kicks I looked up pot of duality on ebay. Goddamn at some of the completed listings. Gotta be fake right?

[quote name='whoknows']

I was just wondering why Yugioh cars are worth almost nothing on ebay.[/QUOTE]

I think the cars would be worth even less.

[quote name='Alleran']I think the cars would be worth even less.[/QUOTE]

Should I trade my yugioh cars for motorcycles then? Are those worth anything?

[quote name='whoknows']
I was just wondering why Yugioh cars are worth almost nothing on ebay.[/QUOTE]

Chances are your cards are old and not any good. The game is completely different then it was when you bought your cards. Most people here making fun of the game have never been to a premier tournament and have absolutely no idea how the game is played right. The attendance at the last YCS broke records.

[quote name='DV8']For kicks I looked up pot of duality on ebay. Goddamn at some of the completed listings. Gotta be fake right?[/QUOTE]

Nope the card goes for $80-$120 easily. Its pretty much a staple. Dark armed dragon used to go for $250 a piece before it got reprinted.

Cards worth change

Trishula
Kizan
Shi en
solemn warning
emmersblade
pot of duailty
Doomcaliber Knight

Cards are worth money its just chances are your blue eyes white dragon is worthless and just a terrible card that no one wants.

i have a fat binder of both pokemon and yugioh cards. that thing isnt going anywhere until im much older and some old guy buys then to recall his youth during his midlife crisis

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back