Why aren't flippers hated as much as El Hoardo?

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='DPsx7']They're all scum, no if's or but's. Clearly some people are unable to get to the store as a first priority so why should some lowlife with no job be able to go in and buy everything? Some people may want those games for themselves and it's idiotic and unfair for those welfare-collecting types to deny other customers.

At least limit yourself to two copies or give them a day or two. Then anything goes.[/QUOTE]

You sound like a complete moron. How would someone with no job be able to buy out an entire stock? You're just mad because you are too slow. And hey all, let's just boycott every single company/person selling games. fuck em, those hording flippers. Why should retail stores buy up all of the games at low prices, then make a *gasp* profit reselling them?

[quote name='AndrewsAwesome4']I dont have to work because I flip, seriously. It is a way of making money than it is okay w/ me

it seriously pays for ALL my bills :D[/QUOTE]

Please elaborate.

[quote name='shrike4242']Oh look, another one of these threads.

What about the CAG who picks up more than a few copies and sells them to CAGs for cost + tax + shipping? It's a hoarder by the definitions used in here, so they're to be despised, though if they turn around and make them available to CAGs, it's OK?

If the definition of a hoarder is anyone who picks up multiple copies of an item, then I'm in that category, though I've done that dozens of times in the past for other CAGs when they can't find the items on their own. Always for cost + tax + shipping + maybe $1 or $2 for my time, if that.

This whole topic is one that will get people complaining, no matter what, from both sides.

Not everyone can run out on the drop of a hat and go hit a retail store or stores to take advantage of a deal. That's always an excuse when people who pick up multiple copies of an item use to defend their actions for self-gain and profit.

I think someone's more than a little sensitive on this topic, especially when they say "They need to grow the fuck up.". :whistle2:s I guess it hits a little close to home.[/QUOTE]

The CAG that picks up multiple copies for other CAGs is no different than any other "hoarder" in my eyes. They are removing the game from the market and potentially depriving a CAG that actually takes the time to go pick up the game from the store. So while they think they may be helping the CAG community, chances are they are also taking away that opportunity from another CAG.

Regardless, I could care less about hoarders and flippers, its a fact of life and if someone is willing to poney up the time and money to buy something, regardless of the quantity, good for them. After all, they are usually shifting that money to buy another video game anyways. And better yet, if they are using the money to help feed their family more props to them. We are talking about video games here, if you miss out on a deal you will survive, I promise. If someone needs the money to survive, I'd probably rather they get in on the deal anyways.

The rise of internet deal sites empower hoarders, but even accounting for their activity, we are all are saving more money because of communities like these.

[quote name='caltab']The CAG that picks up multiple copies for other CAGs is no different than any other "hoarder" in my eyes. They are removing the game from the market and potentially depriving a CAG that actually takes the time to go pick up the game from the store. So while they think they may be helping the CAG community, chances are they are also taking away that opportunity from another CAG.

[/QUOTE]

So basically you're saying we should not buy anything for any reason because we might be taking the opportunity away from somebody else who may want to buy it. HMM...

[quote name='Alex2290']So basically you're saying we should not buy anything for any reason because we might be taking the opportunity away from somebody else who may want to buy it. HMM...[/QUOTE]

umm....did you read the rest of my post...I am saying the exact opposite. Maybe the first part didn't come across clearly enough- what I was trying to say was when you buy something on sale there is always the potential of taking the opportunity away from someone else, and that is multiplied when you buy several copies regardless of your reasoning. The second part of my statement indicates that I do not think there is anything wrong with that whatsoever and that it is the way the world works. You aren't always going to get in on the best deals, but that makes it all the more special when you hit that gold mine.

[quote name='caltab']The CAG that picks up multiple copies for other CAGs is no different than any other "hoarder" in my eyes. They are removing the game from the market and potentially depriving a CAG that actually takes the time to go pick up the game from the store. So while they think they may be helping the CAG community, chances are they are also taking away that opportunity from another CAG.[/QUOTE]I'm sorry to hear you feel that way.

[quote name='shrike4242']I'm sorry to hear you feel that way.[/QUOTE]

I think you are misinterpreting what I was trying to say. I ment that it doesn't really matter to me what your reason is for taking multiple copies, someone will probably be effected negatively and miss out on the deal. I also subsequently said that this was the way the world works and have no problem with it. I have no problem with the hoarder that does so to support his family or the hoarder that does so to score his friends, cag or whomever, a cheap deal. I just don't see the need to differentiate someone who clears out a deal, if they beat me to it, they beat me to it. I am not going to judge someone who is trying to get by flipping stuff. They are just video games that probably won't get finished by me any ways. If I wanted it badly enough I would already have it anyways.

I use to buy a few extras as long as I left more than I got, and would post here for trade, maybe even sell a few a few bucks over cost, but I cut that shit out awhile back when the same people I helped, ended up being some of the biggest douchebags Ive ever met when I would ask for the favor in return.

[quote name='Alex2290']lol @ these people who think just because you buy multiple copies of a game means you don't have a job.[/QUOTE]

A real job?

hoardohate2.png

Bitches don't know
'bout dat El Hoardo

[quote name='Will']I use to buy a few extras as long as I left more than I got, and would post here for trade, maybe even sell a few a few bucks over cost, but I cut that shit out awhile back when the same people I helped, ended up being some of the biggest douchebags Ive ever met when I would ask for the favor in return.[/QUOTE]

Ding, ding, ding. This is the reason I stopped being helpful and trying to find games for people, since when it was time to ask for the same favor in return I was presented with Ebay prices and all sorts of jolly happiness.

So, why be nice and do cost+shipping alone when many on here won't give you the same consideration when you ask?

If something is free after coupon or a game is on clearance for $1-5 and gets $20 somewhere else, you better believe that if I have the extra cash I'm going to go grab what I can for flipping purposes.
[quote name='Lord_Kefka']A real job?[/QUOTE]

The definition of 'job' by an online dictionary follows:

1. A regular activity performed in exchange for payment, especially as one's trade, occupation, or profession.

Yeah. I'm just gonna stop here and let that sink in.

So you're telling me that if someone buys up stuff from a store or elsewhere for cheap and maybe clears them out to resell for money and they can make a living from it, it's NOT a real job?

Damn. I better e-mail all of the power sellers on Ebay and tell them their chosen profession is not legit according to some guy on the internet saying so, since everything on the internet is true, right?

Oh and Strell, quit looking in my window to use me as a model for El Hoardo.;):lol:

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']
1. A regular activity performed in exchange for payment, especially as one's trade, occupation, or profession.

Yeah. I'm just gonna stop here and let that sink in.

So you're telling me that if someone buys up stuff from a store or elsewhere for cheap and maybe clears them out to resell for money and they can make a living from it, it's NOT a real job?

Damn. I better e-mail all of the power sellers on Ebay and tell them their chosen profession is not legit according to some guy on the internet saying so, since everything on the internet is true, right?[/QUOTE]

Not at all what I said and taken out of context but enjoy your complex.

Ah hell, I can't resist.

I post "bullshit topic" which should (and I'll let this sink in for you) associate that I don't think this is a very serious topic to be discussing. Still people talk about how if you didn't get a deal, you snoozed or didn't want it. My whole LOOOOOOOOOOOONG argument was "Get a job!"

[quote name='Alex2290']lol @ these people who think just because you buy multiple copies of a game means you don't have a job.[/QUOTE]

Again, my long-winded response was "a real job?" As in....and read this twice if it's too hard for you.... Alex says "I can do this and have a job". "Oh, what kind of job?"

While I'm sure you'd love to pull out last semesters economics textbook and quote something verbatim, I can understand a free-market economy, entrepreneurship, and hell....flipping some games to make a few bucks to make ends meet.

But you go ahead and email all the ebay powersellers you like and let them know how smart you think you are.

You said some of us WORK and get a job, followed by 'a real job?', so what's to take out of context?

You implied that people who resell and/or hoard are not really working at a real job by doing so. At least that's what I got from your short replies in this thread.

But whatever. These topics never end well.

Is it a "real job"? I dunno... I suppose that's a legal topic. If people want to flip games for a living I sure as shit can't stop them. What I don't like is when people come on here shrugging their shoulders like "what did I do?" when someone is sour grapes that a hoarder/flipper edged them out, or ranting about their dog-eat-dog attitude that they obviously wouldn't apply to any other aspect of their life. Let's not kid ourselves, you know just as well as everyone else that it's a sneaky enterprise... you're taking product from other consumers in order to put money in your pockets. I know of no legitimate business that does this. If you wanna do it, go nuts, just don't act like you're not being a dick or you're some noble profiteer.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Ding, ding, ding. This is the reason I stopped being helpful and trying to find games for people, since when it was time to ask for the same favor in return I was presented with Ebay prices and all sorts of jolly happiness.

So, why be nice and do cost+shipping alone when many on here won't give you the same consideration when you ask?[/quote]

Ill take this up a notch....one person got ripped off by someone local to me. I knocked on a door and did some footwork and the guy got his stuff back.

Yr or more later..guy gets in on a sweet clearance deal on a game that I wanted to get for my gf. He wanted full retail shipped.

[quote name='eastshore4']you're taking product from other consumers in order to put money in your pockets. I know of no legitimate business that does this.[/QUOTE]Any store that takes trade ins? And how are you taking product from other consumers? You are reselling it to another consumer, or to another business that will sell it to another consumer... I fail to see how that is sneaky at all. Its not like you steal from anyone.

Topic has gotten a bit long, so I'm not gonna sit and read through everyone's posts. Here's my two cents, though. I think the reason "hoarders" get more shit than "flippers" is because the latter is generally viewed as someone who might buy a couple of copies to resell, whereas the former is generally buying up every, single damn thing he can find and often making a business out of it (might even already own a business).

Now, personally, while I might make the occasional joke or whatever, I see no issue with any of it. I've been known to flip from time to time, and if someone wants to hoard, that's their business. It's a free country. If they want to spend the money in hopes of making money, hell, all the power to them.

As far as the assumption that anyone who flips doesn't have a job, that's just a bit silly. I flip so the spending I do on games does not hit my wallet so much. If I see a really, really cheap game, and I think I can make a significant profit on it, cool. I just bought myself a game or two down the road.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']Topic has gotten a bit long, so I'm not gonna sit and read through everyone's posts. Here's my two cents, though. I think the reason "hoarders" get more shit than "flippers" is because the latter is generally viewed as someone who might buy a couple of copies to resell, whereas the former is generally buying up every, single damn thing he can find and often making a business out of it (might even already own a business).

Now, personally, while I might make the occasional joke or whatever, I see no issue with any of it. I've been known to flip from time to time, and if someone wants to hoard, that's their business. It's a free country. If they want to spend the money in hopes of making money, hell, all the power to them.

As far as the assumption that anyone who flips doesn't have a job, that's just a bit silly. I flip so the spending I do on games does not hit my wallet so much. If I see a really, really cheap game, and I think I can make a significant profit on it, cool. I just bought myself a game or two down the road.[/QUOTE]

That's EXACTLY why I do it too. If I can get the credit to get a game I want and it only cost me $5-10 to make $30-60 in credit, then to me I didn't really spend MSRP even if I did.

I could care less what people do. If you can profit on it, go for it! What I have a problem with is the need of so many flippers to post and flaunt it. I have flipped games when it is convenient for me. Do I feel the need to post about every flip possible, NO. Sometimes I wonder how many games some of the Cags that flip games and constantly obsess over flipping actually play. Probably not many considering the amount of time they spend on the hunt.

Hoarders and flippers are generally the same, it just depends on how much you're flipping, if it's just an extra copy or two I really don't care. But some of these so call flippers are hoarders too and will buy ten copies to flip to a gamestop for credit and they're no better.

Just don't take every damn copy lol.

Many people will take 50 1$ clearance games just so they can charge 5$ for each one,because they took them all. I've flipped from time to time. Only to lessen the massive pain on my bank account, but I also leave plenty for everyone else. I play games to enjoy, and I figure other people play to enjoy so why not leave some so everyone is happy. Now if you go 2 months later and it's not there well then that's your fault. Day 1 and someone takes all 50 copies or whatever pisses me off. Don't brag about being a hoarder either. I think the word hoarder itself has a negative air around it so it comes off completely different to flipper.

Didn't read all the posts. Just gave what I thought.

[quote name='NYLatenite']Not particularly a fan of either creature. You want to buy a few copies for you and your friends, knock yourself out. You want to make enough of a profit that you basically got your copy of that item for free, that's cool too. It's the people who buy everything in sight that annoy me - sure it's your right to do so, but it still makes you a dick.

Look at it like this - you came to CAG, a site dedicated to people getting the games they want for a low price, took the information you found here, ran off to a store and bought every single copy of a game you could find... and then came back to this very site to tell everyone that you just screwed over any fellow CAGs nearby. Then you wonder why people bitch at you?

You want to buy it all, go right ahead, like I said, it's your right - but coming back and rubbing it in the faces of the people who might not have been able to get there right away is a dick move - and even if you didn't wipe out their local store, someone just like you did - and since you're bragging, you're gonna get the heat.

Just my 25 cents.[/QUOTE]

My sentiments exactly.

If you clean out a store for a given deal (buy more games than you could ever use or even share with others) and then come back here to brag about how much money you made flipping it all, I'm going to call you a dick. If it's done to legitimately share it with other people, I have no problem with it at all. It's the "me-first-all-the-time, screw-everyone-else" attitude that pisses me off.

I find it incredibly amusing how many people here "hate" Slickdeals, yet behave the exact same way and then get mad when they're called on it.

[quote name='darkslime']Any store that takes trade ins? And how are you taking product from other consumers? You are reselling it to another consumer, or to another business that will sell it to another consumer... I fail to see how that is sneaky at all. Its not like you steal from anyone.[/QUOTE]

Re: Trade ins- It's not the same thing. Gamestop's product comes from consumers who gave their used games to them of their own free will, gamestop didn't raid a best buy sale to stock their shelves. Gamestop is not in competition with the everyday shopper, wheras flippers/hoarders are. I don't miss out on a deal because Gamestop or any other legitimate retailer beats me to it, I miss out because gokulimpbizkit69 from SD snatched it all up.

Re: Sneakiness - Of course it's not stealing, being sneaky is not the same as being a thief. For one thing, I would say it's sneaky in the sense that many retailers strictly state "no resellers" in their ads and the like, which many are clearing ignoring. Obviously this is not applicable to every deal you come across(like pawn shops), but it's still an important notch in the larger hoarding issue. More importantly, when I think of a legitimate functioning business, I think of one company approaching another and saying "I'd like to buy your excess and/or slow-selling product for X dollars", not waiting silently until they put their product up on the clearance rack and swiping it all up before anyone else can get to it. This is why I have no respect for flipping/hoarding, and don't much care for people that come on here to boast about their hoarding or playing the part of the poor discriminated flipper.

Last edited:
Question for everybody then. All the situations people have presented have largely been at retail locations with limited stocks.

What about online stores where the stock is unlimited as with the last EA Store coupon/code combo (Could get all of EA Games $19.99 titles for under $3 each, and very few of them were ever out of stock at any time)?

[quote name='eastshore4']you're taking product from other consumers in order to put money in your pockets. I know of no legitimate business that does this.[/QUOTE]
StubHub, although they themselves don't actually sell anything.

Guys, please, don't feed eastshore. He trolls every topic about reselling. Well, he's either trolling, or he's insane. He fails to understand that buying a product and selling is neither illegal or immoral. It's how our economy works. People buy a lot of things low and then try to sell them high. It's how the system works.

And for a direct example of stores that "flip", an example he has refused to respond to in the past, all you have to do is go to your local dollar store or Five Below or Marshalls or any place that buys up overstock for really cheap. The only difference between them and a lone eBayer or something is that they don't actually go into the store and buy the stuff, because that would be not efficient. One person isn't gonna go into a Target, let's say, and buy a thousand items from them.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']Guys, please, don't feed eastshore. He trolls every topic about reselling. Well, he's either trolling, or he's insane. He fails to understand that buying a product and selling is neither illegal or immoral. It's how our economy works. People buy a lot of things low and then try to sell them high. It's how the system works.

And for a direct example of stores that "flip", an example he has refused to respond to in the past, all you have to do is go to your local dollar store or Five Below or Marshalls or any place that buys up overstock for really cheap. The only difference between them and a lone eBayer or something is that they don't actually go into the store and buy the stuff, because that would be not efficient. One person isn't gonna go into a Target, let's say, and buy a thousand items from them.[/QUOTE]

Ahh shucks, now don't go hurting my feelings! I can't help but feel that some things need to be clarified since you're trying to besmirch my good name:

-I think I've mentioned this with almost every response I've made but it apparently bears repeating: I DO NOT THINK IT IS ILLEGAL. Hell, I just mentioned it in the last post I made! This is a fantastic distortion of what I'm actually saying. My point is that it's a dick move, and people that brag or act innocent about it deserve the scorn they get.

-I troll EVERY topic about reselling? You probably meant I troll the ONE other topic about reselling from a week ago. Seriously, I'm checking my posting history here and I'm currently at Q4 2009 without a sign of a complaint about flippers... I could go further perhaps but why waste the time? I'm certain I've complained about it before in the past, but it's clearly not this constant barrage that you imply.

-If anything the only reason I'm back to my old antics on this one is because no one responded to me on the one from last week... this conflicts greatly with your BS about me "ignoring" your challenge about dollar stores and such? I specifically responded to it, and then the conversation shifted to "well what about pawn shops and thrift stores and flea sales" and then the discussion morphed to something else entirely. Curiously, you didn't respond! When a dollar store or what have you reaches out to a B&M retailer they are NOT competing with the consumer for those products they are interested in buying. You're trying to make this about efficiency, like the only difference is that it wouldn't be viable for the Dollar Tree to actually take product off the store shelves, but this is not the issue. I've yet to see people on CAG fuming because they were edged out by a B&M that bought up all the product they were interested in(at worst you have people who were waiting on a clearance price to drop further but it just ended up being sent back.) Anyways, my challenge remains... next time there's a deal at Target, waltz up and tell them you run a "business" and you'd like to buy 20 copies of that particular game on sale. If it's the same in principle as what these Dollar Stores are doing, surely they would have no problem with it? Doubtful, my spider-sense tells me that NO HOARDER/FLIPPER does this... rather they just scoop up as many copies as possible and rush to the register hoping the transaction goes off without a hitch.

[quote name='DPsx7']They're all scum, no if's or but's. Clearly some people are unable to get to the store as a first priority so why should some lowlife with no job be able to go in and buy everything? Some people may want those games for themselves and it's idiotic and unfair for those welfare-collecting types to deny other customers.

At least limit yourself to two copies or give them a day or two. Then anything goes.[/QUOTE]

so what you're saying is that every flipper/hoarder has no job? hmm makes sense.

[quote name='eastshore4']Anyways, my challenge remains... next time there's a deal at Target, waltz up and tell them you run a "business" and you'd like to buy 20 copies of that particular game on sale. If it's the same in principle as what these Dollar Stores are doing, surely they would have no problem with it? Doubtful, my spider-sense tells me that NO HOARDER/FLIPPER does this... rather they just scoop up as many copies as possible and rush to the register hoping the transaction goes off without a hitch.[/QUOTE]

HAHAHAHAHA! You can't be serious. One, if you told a cashier at Target that, they wouldn't give two shits. Some hourly employee at a retail store doesn't care if you want to make expensive coasters out of the discs. Two, you sound like a tool. You act like people are being deceptive by not telling Target what they are going to do with the games. Do you tell the cashier you're going to play them? Or put them in your backlog?

I only grab what I feel I can use(to flip/play)and if it happens to be I clean out the 1-3 copies of a game that might be in a store at that time, then oh well.

I've tried offering up some of the free after coupon games I bought recently for the cost of shipping, but I never heard back from anyone who wanted one since apparently $4 or so is too much for shipping a game first class for their liking.:roll:

So to say that everyone who grabs up these items from a deal solely out of greed and for their own purpose is just ludicrous. I've offered to buy stuff and ship out for cost+shipping with nothing extra before, but when you get people crying about the shipping being 'too high', then you just refuse to help out anymore after that.

[quote name='eastshore4']Re: Trade ins- It's not the same thing. Gamestop's product comes from consumers who gave their used games to them of their own free will, gamestop didn't raid a best buy sale to stock their shelves. Gamestop is not in competition with the everyday shopper, wheras flippers/hoarders are. I don't miss out on a deal because Gamestop or any other legitimate retailer beats me to it, I miss out because gokulimpbizkit69 from SD snatched it all up.[/QUOTE]
This is just not true. If GS, or any other retailer, did not exist, the consumer would purchase directly from the producer at a lower cost, because there would not be the middle man taking a cut. Sure, this envisions an economic system that we don't have at all, but it is certainly incorrect to say that retailers aren't screwing you out of a deal.

HAHAHAHAHA! You can't be serious. One, if you told a cashier at Target that, they wouldn't give two shits. Some hourly employee at a retail store doesn't care if you want to make expensive coasters out of the discs. Two, you sound like a tool. You act like people are being deceptive by not telling Target what they are going to do with the games. Do you tell the cashier you're going to play them? Or put them in your backlog?

HAHAHAHAHA!

Anyways, you misunderstand. I'm saying go to a B&M store and try to arrange a business deal with them... not "walk up to an employee and tell them what you're gonna do with your games", of course they're not going to care! My challenge is that if flipping is such a similar enterprise to what the dollar stores and the like are doing then people can wheel and deal like them as well without any problem, right? Why do these stores even bother saying "no resellers" or "only X per household" in their ads if this is the same thing that any other company is doing?

Last edited:
[quote name='ackbar7']This is just not true. If GS, or any other retailer, did not exist, the consumer would purchase directly from the producer at a lower cost, because there would not be the middle man taking a cut. Sure, this envisions an economic system that we don't have at all, but it is certainly incorrect to say that retailers aren't screwing you out of a deal.[/QUOTE]

the problem is that I'm not arguing against markup(although I don't agree that the retailer is the only person doing the screwing in that example), I'm arguing how a company gets their product compared to a flipper. I didn't miss out on a game because I went to go buy it from the publisher but gamestop edged me out and took their entire stock. This is the whole point of my argument... it's not the "buy low sell high" stuff that's deserving of scrutiny, it's where people are getting their stuff from, in the case of flippers they are competing with consumers, a tactic that I see performed by no other businesses out there and happen to think is rather dickish.

LOL This thread is still going? My opinion from other times stands. If something is stupid cheap enough and I get there while the deal is still going on and it looks like no one has taken advantage of it, then the remaining stock is fair game if I wanna grab everything.

Then again, the only deals like that that I've taken quite a bit from are the Best Buy coupon making a game free deals. I never took part in the B2G1 that made the most expensive game free, namely because even by buying two copies of Rock Revolution that pushed the price per game above my instant buy threshold of $5.

Now the EA Store double coupon stacking thing was another story, but again I was getting 9 games for $2.72 EACH SHIPPED to my doorstep.

[quote name='ackbar7']This is just not true. If GS, or any other retailer, did not exist, the consumer would purchase directly from the producer at a lower cost, because there would not be the middle man taking a cut. Sure, this envisions an economic system that we don't have at all, but it is certainly incorrect to say that retailers aren't screwing you out of a deal.[/QUOTE]

I think the key point here is as you say; "this envisions an economic system that we don't have at all." If the publishers just sort of threw their games up for anyone and everyone to buy, then it would be comparable, but this is not how it works. Gamestop and other retailers work with these publishers to buy their product.

Someone else already reiterated my feelings. Flipping doesn't necessarily need to involve hoarding. Hoarding almost always involves flipping.

I only hoarded twice. During a Gamestop B2G1 towards the end of Gamecube's run and when FYE had a Helio/$50 Gift Card deal. I can almost guarantee no one else wanted what I was after so I didn't feel bad.

[quote name='darkslime']I don't feel bad about it at all. get out of bed and go to the store faster if you want to beat me[/QUOTE]
:whistle2:$ You're not allowed to insinuate that people are lazy when they whine about not getting to the store and some hoarder grabbing all their store had of a deal.

Or they pull the 'I work and couldn't get there till blah blah blah time' routine. If you want the deal, you make the time. Some folks report about being on CAG at work. Well, if you don't wanna read about some insane deal while at work and whine about not getting in on it due to hoarders, then get off the internet and do 'your job' since 'you work'.:roll:

[quote name='eastshore4']Why do these stores even bother saying "no resellers" or "only X per household" in their ads if this is the same thing that any other company is doing?[/QUOTE]

Because the retailer wants to ensure higher store traffic by making their "loss leader" type deals available to more consumers rather than fewer. More consumers equals more add-on business via secondary items purchased at the same time as the game that's on sale. It's not some kind of altruistic notion by the retailer to keep the game away from those who wish to purchase ALL the copies. In fact, the retailer wants to sell ALL the copies. They just want to sell ALL the copies PLUS other same-visit impulse-buy items. Those who purchase lowest-price/high volume lots are simply are less profitable than your average Joe who buys one copy of the sale item and then one copy of another, more profitable, item while they're in the store.

"Flippers" or "hoarders" or whatever you want to call them don't compete with other consumers for anything other than price. Those games still make it back to market; just via different retailers.

Anyways, my challenge remains... next time there's a deal at Target, waltz up and tell them you run a "business" and you'd like to buy 20 copies of that particular game on sale. If it's the same in principle as what these Dollar Stores are doing, surely they would have no problem with it? Doubtful, my spider-sense tells me that NO HOARDER/FLIPPER does this... rather they just scoop up as many copies as possible and rush to the register hoping the transaction goes off without a hitch.

Walking into a retailer and scooping up 20 copies of a game is a negotiation. A person doesn't need to announce themselves or their intentions for that to be true. The retailer has offered their stock and the buyer has accepted the price. This is no different than how most businesses interact with their suppliers/wholesalers. Only the truly big fish actually get to negotiate price at that level; which is pretty much the only time a wholesaler really cares about who's buying what they're offering.

More importantly, when I think of a legitimate functioning business, I think of one company approaching another and saying "I'd like to buy your excess and/or slow-selling product for X dollars", not waiting silently until they put their product up on the clearance rack and swiping it all up before anyone else can get to it. This is why I have no respect for flipping/hoarding, and don't much care for people that come on here to boast about their hoarding or playing the part of the poor discriminated flipper.

Your thought process if backwards here. It's far FAR more common for a suppler/wholesaler to actually contact prospective buyers (retailers) and offer them their discounted/discontinued stock. Suppliers are staffed with people who perform this specific function. While retailers will contact their suppliers for specific items while shopping for the best prices, the sales chain moves upward rather than downward.

What seems to have been obscured by those wanting to claim some kind of ethical high ground in this thread is that supply for a game hasn't somehow been erased if someone buys the last 10 copies at a Target store. The real issue for folks is that they can't find the game at the price point they wanted. That's tough luck, but that's not the fault of the person who got there first. It's their own issue for getting there second.

No excuses. If you flip or hoard, you're scum. I'm calling all you idiots out to publicly flame and humiliate. You steal games from those who want to play them but have jobs and can't get there until lunch or the evening. This does not include picking up an extra copy for a friend, the idea is that the buyer is the primary user, not a middleman.

If this is how you make money then you're in a sorry state and with any luck your welfare checks shall remain small. Plus by your logic (referring to 'real' jobs) a burglar is no better than you by taking things from others with plans to profit. A job typically means you're being productive. Find one instead of camping in parking lots of major stores.

[quote name='DPsx7']No excuses. If you flip or hoard, you're scum. I'm calling all you idiots out to publicly flame and humiliate. You steal games from those who want to play them but have jobs and can't get there until lunch or the evening. This does not include picking up an extra copy for a friend, the idea is that the buyer is the primary user, not a middleman.

If this is how you make money then you're in a sorry state and with any luck your welfare checks shall remain small. Plus by your logic (referring to 'real' jobs) a burglar is no better than you by taking things from others with plans to profit. A job typically means you're being productive. Find one instead of camping in parking lots of major stores.[/QUOTE]You have no idea what you're talking about.

Yes, we steal games from people who want to play them... They could just buy them from us on eBay. HA HA HA

Why can't reselling be a real job? There are plenty of eBay PowerSellers who do it full time and don't need another job or welfare.

[quote name='DPsx7']You steal games from those who want to play them but have jobs and can't get there until lunch or the evening.[/QUOTE]

So, is it your position that "flippers" and "hoarders" make it impossible for others to play video games? For example, if someone buys out the last 10 copies of Beatles Rock Band at Target on clearance, will that make it impossible for others to access the game anywhere else?

Now, really think about your answer...

[quote name='DPsx7']No excuses. If you flip or hoard, you're scum. I'm calling all you idiots out to publicly flame and humiliate. You steal games from those who want to play them but have jobs and can't get there until lunch or the evening. This does not include picking up an extra copy for a friend, the idea is that the buyer is the primary user, not a middleman.

If this is how you make money then you're in a sorry state and with any luck your welfare checks shall remain small. Plus by your logic (referring to 'real' jobs) a burglar is no better than you by taking things from others with plans to profit. A job typically means you're being productive. Find one instead of camping in parking lots of major stores.[/QUOTE]

Like I said, I guess I better go email all of the Ebay powersellers to stop doing what they're doing since it's not a real job that they can make a living from.

Stop the presses!!!! Someone on the internet says hoarding/flipping cannot lead to you making good money.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back