Why do I keep getting this error message when using the search box?

Stinkfinger

CAGiversary!
Feedback
9 (100%)
When I search for "PS2" everything works great. However, if I'm feeling frisky and decide to search for "PS2 system" I get the following message: Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 33554432 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 71 bytes) in /usr/home/cheapas/public_html/forums/search.php on line 1057

It seems like this happens whenever I try to search for anything containing more than one word. Any Ideas?

[quote name='wubb']
Don't know why you are getting an error (Cheapy will have to answer that one.) but the built in search here can be flakey.[/quote]

That's kind of crappy, especially when the whole premise of the site is searching for good deals.

Every time I try to search the site it immeditly pulls up a white page with black text saying:

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 33554432 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 83 bytes) in /usr/home/cheapas/public_html/forums/includes/functions.php on line 63

I just thought I would let you guys know this so you can fix it because it is really annoying when you are trying to look for things to trade.

It's a problem on your end, check line 58 and add the proper command promt to the jemonetric split at the inner and outer extentions.

Yes I have tried a completely different computer with different OS(I run vista the other runs XP) and different ISPs and Different browsers and I still get the same thing.

But actually I take one of my statements back, it isn't all the time but probably 95% of the time.

Wow, you've tried different ISPs, browsers, computers, and OS's?

Exactly what are you searching for? Maybe the phrase you're searching is somehow the error itself.

I am also getting this error whenever I try to use the Advanced Search. :(

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 33554432 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 71 bytes) in /usr/home/cheapas/public_html/forums/search.php on line 1062

Is there any way to fix this? This happens every time I use more than one word to search.

**EDIT** - this is the message I get:
Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 33554432 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 83 bytes) in /usr/home/cheapas/public_html/forums/includes/functions.php on line 63

[quote name='Heavy Hitter']Is there any way to fix this? This happens every time I use more than one word to search.

**EDIT** - this is the message I get:
Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 33554432 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 83 bytes) in /usr/home/cheapas/public_html/forums/includes/functions.php on line 63[/QUOTE]
Allowed memory size of 33554432 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 83 bytes)

Maybe it's just the engineer in me, but I think it should be pointed out that 83 is orders of magnitude less than 33,554,432. This is usually a good sign that something's fucked in the code. :)

I've gotten the error too, and given the fact that multiple people with different internet setups (hello, Win2K and Opera!), are getting the same errors, I think it's safe to say it's not us. The problem's the search function itself, which means that we can only use the Google workaround that wubb mentioned for the time being.

bread's done
Back