Why do I need to buy two seperate items to make a spare Vita Charger?

GBAstar

CAGiversary!
Feedback
62 (100%)
This is sort of a rant but I'm a little frustrated with Sony right now. I wanted an extra AC Adapter for my Vita so that I could have a permanent one for my home office (I'm OCD with wires/cables) which would stay plugged in and a portable one to take with me when I traveled.

So during one of Best Buy's gaming blowouts earlier this month I picked up what was advertised as Playstation Vita AC Adpater for $5.

I didn't open it until this past weekend when I went on a mini vacation and took my Vita with me. I clearly remember my vita being low on batteries the day I planned on leaving but didn't bother to charge it because I thought I had spare charger (stupid me).

It turned out all the AC Adapter is is a power brick that plugs into the wall. You need the USB to Vita cable that comes with the Vita to complete the charger. The AC Adapter is fucking useless without it and of course it is sold seperately.

Now I'm forced to pick up a USB cable on Amazon.

I'm not frustrated with the cost because they are cheap enough that you can get both items through AZ or on eBay for less then the actual MSRP of one but it is a knock against Sony IMO that they sold it like that and of course it is properitary (sp) so you can't use a normal USB to USB or USB A to USB B cable.

Am I the only one who didn't realize this?

bread's done
Back