Why does everyone hate this band?

I don't think a lot of people hate Thrice. They either a) heard of them and like them or b) never heard of them. Personally, I haven't preferred their new music.

An example of a band that a lot of people hate that I like is Fall Out Boy.

[quote name='lordopus99']i don't think a lot of people hate thrice. They either a) heard of them and like them or b) never heard of them. Personally, i haven't preferred their new music.

An example of a band that a lot of people hate that i like is fall out boy.[/quote]

this!

I've heard of them, haven't listened to them. They seem alright, nothing special. This particular song seems to suffer a bit from the chorus-itis though.

[quote name='help1']I fully expected this topic to be about Linkin ParkColdplay.

I will now back away disappointedly.[/QUOTE]

;)

I bought their first album it was all right nothing special in my opinion. Post-hardcore/Melodic Hardcore really doesn't do anything for anymore though.

[quote name='halo05']i hadn't heard of thrice until i came in here.

Now i hate them.

Well played op.[/quote]

+1

[quote name='adriley313']Like what u like man.[/QUOTE]

yeah, Thrice kind of sucks but why do you care what others think? I hate tons of bands that others like and I like tons of bands that others hate and I don't give a shit either way.

If you are asking why people hate Thrice specifically it's probably because there is nothing about them that seems original, they don't appear to be particularly skilled (or creative) musicians and the lead singer's voice is instantly forgettable. They sound like most every other band in that genre.

This thread isn't about Counting Crows

therefore, I lost interest

Also, Nickelback and Creed are the same damn band, only one was relevant 10 years ago. Neither of them are/were good

[quote name='lawdood']I'll call your nickelback and raise you a creed.[/QUOTE]

I can tolerate Nickelback. I refuse to listen to Creed.

I'll toss Dave Grohl into the pot. I'm not a Foo Fighters fan, but their music isn't too terrible.

Surprised how many people in this thread haven't heard of Thrice. They've been around for 10 years now!

The new stuff just isn't very interesting. The 3rd album, Artist in the Ambulance, is a masterpiece, though, and it's a shame they don't play much old stuff live anymore.

The first thought I had when I saw the title to this thread was Nickleback followed by Green Day, Linkin Park, and Creed. But Thrice... meh, don't know them and don't have any incentive to bother.

bread's done
Back