Why does the no negative feedback drive me insane?

schuerm26

CAGiversary!
Feedback
122 (99%)
I have lots of feedback and let me tell you I get crap like this ALL the time from people AFTER they win the auction (though this time it's during).

Question:

Hi does the nintendo ds work and does the charger work THANKS MIKE

Titel of the Auction:

Nintendo DS System WORKS PERFECTLY

[quote name='Bioshocked360']Because some people lie in their listings and put a different picture. He is just making sure you were telling the truth.[/quote]

Too true. That's why i hate ebay, you never really know what you're getting. In fact, once the feedbacks gets in the thousands, people start to ignore you (i know from experience, he didnt send me the game and it took a month for a refund. I had to file a claim with paypal- he NEVER responded. Not even after he refunded me.)

[quote name='Bioshocked360']Because some people lie in their listings and put a different picture. He is just making sure you were telling the truth.[/QUOTE]

i lie in my listings all the time and steal other peoples pics. Still never had any negs

[quote name='dracula']i lie in my listings all the time and steal other peoples pics. Still never had any negs[/quote]

LMAO. It's people plike you that i hate. Why the fuck are you lying? An extra dollar or two?

[quote name='the_punisher']LMAO. It's people plike you that i hate. Why the fuck are you lying? An extra dollar or two?[/quote]

Perhaps he's being sarcastic...

I had a game on auction that said new and factory sealed. I showed a pic of the game and I still had a buyer ask me if it was factory sealed. I said yes and he bought it right away. I dont know why he didnt get that from the auction which stated new and factory sealed with a picture, but it all worked out good. So, who knows why things like this happen.

I absolutely never use stock photos. The best way to sell an item on ebay is to use your own photos with your userID on a piece of paper. And don't post the pic as a 240x240 pixel pic.

Large pictures sell!!

Err no i'm with the OP on this one, that was just a stupid question. I get those does xxx work question all the damn time even though it is right there in the title and on the page. I suppose people think if i'm smart enough to lie while making the auction i'm going to slip up completely and admit my dog shat all over the stuff.

It's because most eBay buyers are idiots.

I sold some games without their original cases,

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=300212031775

buyer left positive feedback (surprisingly), but stated,

"great value! forgot to mention cases were not orginals. Great seller either way"

What does it say on the auction, clearly on the 3rd line?

"All games are previously played ex-rentals and are in black replacement cases (not green 360 cases)."

and

"1. Beowulf: The Game (with manual & case artwork, disc in very good condition)
2. Chromehounds (DISC ONLY - NO MANUAL & NO CASE ARTWORK, disc has light surface scratches)
3. Earth Defense Force 2017 (NO MANUAL, with case artwork, disc has light surface scratches)
4. Table Tennis (with manual & case artwork, disc has light surface scratches)"

:applause:

[quote name='coolsteel']Err no i'm with the OP on this one, that was just a stupid question. I get those does xxx work question all the damn time even though it is right there in the title and on the page. I suppose people think if i'm smart enough to lie while making the auction i'm going to slip up completely and admit my dog shat all over the stuff.[/quote]

I got a message from an idiot the other day. A few days before I sent him tracking info and it says I use UPS ground on my auctions.

"Hey what shipping did you use? I don't feel like going to every site to plug this number in to find out."

Are you fucking serious?

You really don't know what your getting on ebay these days. People sell something as clean, tested, working and in EXCELLENT condition (doesn't it seem like ALL auctions these days use these words) and when you get the product its filthy with kid grime and has a million scratches. Its to the point where I don't know who to trust and that I rarely spend more than 10$ on ebay auctions since if I lose out to condition I don't feel so bad if its only 10$. Not to mention it also devalues my auctions which are ACTUALLY cleaned, tested working and in excellent condition!

I always use the biggest picture I can get and I host via imageshack or another site so I can post a huge picture which clearly shows the item. Pictures can hide scratches and cosmetic damage though. In most cases I would rather spend a few dollars more at amazon to ensure that I am getting a new product that has not been abused by some kid.

Most people don't read the full auction description. Like many others, I often get questions like "Does XXX work?" or "how much for shipping to XXX" when the auction clearly states condition and shipping costs.

I've started to really minimize the number of lines in my auctions. I now state simply "This auction is for XXX. It is (used/new) and in (XXX) condition from a smoke free home. Shipping is $X in the US and $X international, paypal or money order only."

That seems to have minimized the stupid questions. I'll also occasionally throw in one or two more lines describing, but only on items that need it. Most media (movies/games) don't need it.

While most buyers on Ebay are idiots... most sellers are just plain liars. I honestly don't mind if I have to repeat an answer when selling because I understand where the buyers are coming from. Some sellers are absolute horseshit.

I'm honestly not too worried anymore about not being able to leave buyers negs anymore. My auctions are always honest and I detail everything like there's no tomorrow. I'm going to start requiring signature confirmation and I know how to deal with PayPal with pretty much anything. If I get a few negs, so be it. Feedback doesn't seem to bother most people these days anyway.

[quote name='braindeadalive']It's because most eBay buyers are idiots.

I sold some games without their original cases,

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=300212031775

buyer left positive feedback (surprisingly), but stated,

"great value! forgot to mention cases were not orginals. Great seller either way"

What does it say on the auction, clearly on the 3rd line?

"All games are previously played ex-rentals and are in black replacement cases (not green 360 cases)."

and

"1. Beowulf: The Game (with manual & case artwork, disc in very good condition)
2. Chromehounds (DISC ONLY - NO MANUAL & NO CASE ARTWORK, disc has light surface scratches)
3. Earth Defense Force 2017 (NO MANUAL, with case artwork, disc has light surface scratches)
4. Table Tennis (with manual & case artwork, disc has light surface scratches)"

:applause:
[/quote]

Not to mention that you can see that they're black cases in the photo...

You forgetful seller you...

[quote name='SaraAB']In most cases I would rather spend a few dollars more at amazon to ensure that I am getting a new product that has not been abused by some kid.[/quote]

Every game I've bought off eBay has been as described. Amazon, I've bought two (Gradius III & IV) which stated Like New and they arrive as a pos near unplayable. Still searching for a copy of Gradius III & IV in excellent condition.

[quote name='mike.m']I got a message from an idiot the other day. A few days before I sent him tracking info and it says I use UPS ground on my auctions.

"Hey what shipping did you use? I don't feel like going to every site to plug this number in to find out."

Are you fucking serious?[/quote]

That post really bothers me ... why not just specify the site to use ... when i send buyers a tracking number i also tell them the website it goes with. I'm sure you sell a lot, calling buyers idiots.

No negative feedback for buyers may stop me from selling on EBay. I got a question from a buyer yesterday asking where their item was. The DC shows it as being delivered last week. They are probably scamming me and they might neg me. I want to be able to neg them back.

The only reason I am worried is because I get a load of non-payers, plus the items I am selling are a bit outlandish and people could change their mind if they want it or not, then it leads to people trying to scam you, and since paypal for the most part always rules for the buyer there is no recourse left for sellers. I simply cannot afford to lose money on this and I just cannot afford a chargeback. The buyers that I encounter open up an account, bid on one of my items, never pay and are never heard from again, you cannot reach them even if you try everything. Now we cannot even tell when a buyer is a scammer since there will be no negative feedback left. There are both idiot buyers and dishonest sellers on ebay but I think the dishonesty is only increasing instead of decreasing.

[quote name='arfin']That post really bothers me ... why not just specify the site to use ... when i send buyers a tracking number i also tell them the website it goes with. I'm sure you sell a lot, calling buyers idiots.[/QUOTE]

Because if it says right the auction page he is shipping UPS Ground gee it shouldn't be such a leap for a buyer to try UPS before whining.

[quote name='coolsteel']Because if it says right the auction page he is shipping UPS Ground gee it shouldn't be such a leap for a buyer to try UPS before whining.[/quote]

At least half of the purchases I've made on ebay have shipped a different method than the one described in the auction.

[quote name='coolsteel']Because if it says right the auction page he is shipping UPS Ground gee it shouldn't be such a leap for a buyer to try UPS before whining.[/quote]

Yeah, and it isn't much trouble to include the website that the tracking number belongs to. It's about customer service ... sure the buyer could have tried UPS before asking, but no need to call him an idiot about it ... the problem could have been avoided if the seller knew what he was doing.

It could have taken you a shorter amount of time to send them the correct site to go to in an e-mail than to bitch about it on a gaming forum.

they should have included a feedback rating for both buying and selling.

That way you can be a poor buyer but a great seller, Great buyer but a poor seller or both good buyer and seller.

That would be a better system to show that some buyers are scam artists. This method should help sellers.

I always ask the questions I want to ask, even if it's already been mentioned in the description or title, because people lie. I make sure what I'm getting is actually in mint condition even if they mentioned it was.

bread's done
Back