Why don't we have a Simpsons thread?

jmcc

CAGiversary!
I mean, everyone loves or loved Simpsons at some point, right? It's like a universal constant.

On a related note: to those that saw it, was not the Christian Scientist/flat tire gag on last night's ep. great?

I always end up forgetting its on. I love the show, but i very rarely se a new episode on its original airing date.

[quote name='Wshakspear']I always end up forgetting its on. I love the show, but i very rarely se a new episode on its original airing date.[/quote]

Well, thank goodness for secret, illegal downloasion, then.

A Simpsons thread pops up every once in a while, usually quotes I've noticed.

My highlight of last night's show was the Fox News semi coming out to "We are the Champions", that was great.

I don't know why, but I found Chief Wiggums' line last night about why he shouldn't be guarding the lava hilarious.

Everyone loved Simpsons at some point, but many, such as myself, think it currently sucks, and thus warrants no conversation.

The simpsons aren't as funny as it used to be, the older episodes I love to death the newer stuff is kind of bland. I don't watch the simpsons as much as I used to, the newer season anyways but the simpsons will forever be on my top 10 tv shows of all time.

[quote name='alongx']Everyone loved Simpsons at some point, but many, such as myself, think it currently sucks, and thus warrants no conversation.[/quote]

People talk about things that were once great on this site all the time, you know like Nintendo or Rare :wink: I kid, I kid

[quote name='alongx']Everyone loved Simpsons at some point, but many, such as myself, think it currently sucks, and thus warrants no conversation.[/quote]

Yeah, it's not NEARLY as good as it had been in the golden seasons. But, I think it's still usually funnier than the remaining 2 or 3 sitcoms that are on. It's gotten a little too Family Guy for my tastes in the past 3 seasons, though.

I like the simpsons dont get me wrong, but I liked it more when I was younger. Now I have moved on into funnier more random styles of comedy.

Why not just go ahead and make this THE official Simpsons thread. You can count me in to post. I love the Simpsons! Let's hear some favorite characters and quotes. I still love Ralph and his "Awww, I bent my wookie". F'n classic!

The new episodes of the Simpsons are never as good as the reruns until they become reruns themselves. Trust me, they will be funny in 5 years and upon repeated viewings.

Any show that has been on for as long as The Simpsons is going to go downhill Still, downhill for The Simpsons still keeps them on higher ground than most of the "Me Too" sitcoms that are on. On an unrelated note, I really like/d Home Movies and recenlty bought the 1st season on DVD. If you are looking for another funny, adult oriented animated sitcome, I would suggest checking it out.

Simpson are still funny. Sure they are not as funny as the 1st couple of seasons but, they still make me laugh.

I think it's a simple case of everyone being fond of what they grew up with so to speak, so while the newer seasons may not seem as great as all of classics a fair amount simply has to do with the fact a lot of us grew up during the early years, that and I do agree with the whole thought that after we see the newer eps about 10 times or so they will grow on us

Javery is right- sometimes I'll groan at a new episode at its premiere and be laughing when its repeated on weeknites.

I actually thought the episode was just getting started by the time Homer had his nuclear device, they have mashed so many sub-plots into one episode, its just bad. (I did watch the whole episode, but it only felt like it would have been good with the device.)

I'm watching "Mickey's Twice Upon a Christmas" instead of "The Simpsons" right now.

I just haven't felt like bothering lately. It's not that it's not funny...it just doesn't feel original anymore. At all.

I have a theory as to why it seems that no new episode is ever as good as it used to be. *ahem*.
I've noticed the power of reruns. When I see an episode over and over again throughout the years I develop a fondness towards it so that when it comes on it feels cool knowing that I know most of the lines on the episode. So when a new ep comes out, a lot of us are quick to jump the gun and say it sucks in comparison to episodes we have seen tons of times. For example, I've been talking about the show's weakness since 1999-ish and now that I see many of those reruns I'm a lot more fond of them. Anyone agree??

I used to watch it almost religiously, but it's on at a bad time for me. I get season 1 ordered for Christmas for $15 and can't wait to watch the Christmas episode :p

Ho, ho... D'OH!!

My favorite Homer quote was when he was running for his life.
He was on a plane taking him to an island as a Christian missionary and he said, "Oh Jebus help me!"

[quote name='basketkase543']I have a theory as to why it seems that no new episode is ever as good as it used to be. *ahem*.
I've noticed the power of reruns. When I see an episode over and over again throughout the years I develop a fondness towards it so that when it comes on it feels cool knowing that I know most of the lines on the episode. So when a new ep comes out, a lot of us are quick to jump the gun and say it sucks in comparison to episodes we have seen tons of times. For example, I've been talking about the show's weakness since 1999-ish and now that I see many of those reruns I'm a lot more fond of them. Anyone agree??[/quote]

I agree.

[quote name='nonggame']:lol: :lol: Give me Family Guy anyday over that crap called "The Simpson"[/quote]

This isn't a debate thread. Please edit the flamebait and start a seperate thread if you want to discuss Simpsons vs. X Show.

bread's done
Back