Why dp blackouts always occur at the worst times?

Jrunt20x

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
I was watching Family Guy tonite and saw the fist ten minutes. Then it cut to commericals, about 2 minutes later it blackedout in my house. worse, I was talking to this very hot girl over aim. Not only did I miss all of FG and American Dad, but the girl I was talking to went to sleep cause she was sick. Ah, terrible nite indeed. Anyone have something like this happen to them?

LOL, me and my boy were trying to play NBA Live 05...we set up a playoff and the power went out about 5 mins into the first and didnt come back on, so I ended up going to work early...which sucked. This happened TODAY.

I had two power outages last night. After the first one lasted for about 45 minutes, the power came back on for 5 minutes until it happened again. I just can't really go to sleep once I see the power go out.

The closest thing thats happened to me is my Game Boy batteries running out as I was playing the final gym leader in Pokemon red.

[quote name='crazytalkx']The closest thing thats happened to me is my Game Boy batteries running out as I was playing the final gym leader in Pokemon red.[/QUOTE]

Heh, I'm too paranoid to play my GB once the light hits red. At that time I HAVE to replace the batteries (GBA).

As if there was a good time, right? I have a massive battery backup for the computer, so they dont really bother me. The last blackout happened during the NCAA finals maybe 2 years ago. The rest of the apartment complex was pissed. Not I.

I was playing Resident Evil (remake) durring a thunderstorm, not only was it fitting for the game, the power went out..and I screamed like pansy, but not because I was afraid something would try to eat me (well 2% of me did) but for the fact.. I DIDN'T fuckING SAVE FOR 4 HOURS..I had to do half the game all over again. Moral of the story? SAVE YOUR fuckING GAME EVERY CHANCE YOU GET..

[quote name='Dr Mario Kart']As if there was a good time, right? [/QUOTE]
During school is a very good time for a blackout.

[quote name='crazytalkx']The closest thing thats happened to me is my Game Boy batteries running out as I was playing the final gym leader in Pokemon red.[/QUOTE]

Gahh, I have a similar tale with Tactics Ogre.... nearly an hour long battle and nothing to show for it. I had to steadily work my way back up from Tiger handhelds into trusting batteries again.

[quote name='DT778']During school is a very good time for a blackout.[/QUOTE]

not necessarily. Not if the stuff you end up missing has to be made up and so you end up stuck at school for a time doing nothing, and have to work it off harder later.

I just got Ocarina Of Time for cube in the Zelda Collectors Edition, and I played soooooooooooooooooooooooooooo long and did not save, than boosh, power goes out.

I nearly missed work cause a power outage killed my alarm clock, but luckily my body woke it self up. I remember getting up and it said 5:22, and I was like I still got some time left and was about to go back to sleep till I realized it was flashing and I nearly flipped shit.

On the gaming side when a game gets turned off for one reason or another I am really unmotivated to even bother playing the part over again that got erased, especially if its over an hour or two without saving. Just too bothersome.

[quote name='DT778']During school is a very good time for a blackout.[/QUOTE]

It happened when I was in my freshman year of high school. we had to go to the gym or the auditorium. and after like 2 hours they sent us home. so that day I got out of school 15 minutes early. My school was a very large building that did not have alot of windows so with lights out it was pretty hard to see.

http://www.dps.k12.oh.us/schools/high/meadowdale/

On the gaming side of the things I rented the first syphon filter from blockbuster and started playing and had not stopped or saved for 12 hours or so. It was about 4 in the morning and I was thinking about giving up for the night. I know my playstation was getting hot. then the power just goes out. I was pissed, I did finally beat syphon filter about a year later or so when I bought it. man the NES was good days but my best gaming memories come from the playstation reign and the limited dreamcast years.

bread's done
Back