why everyone should hate doctors as much as minx does ;-)

minx

CAGiversary!
You see, this is why I hate doctors.

My foot doctor, a wonderful man who takes care of the carpal tunnel the foot which I somehow managed to acquire without actually typing with my feet, sold me a line about how carpal tunnel doesn't always show up properly under tests, so it's possible the reason so many doctors were disagreeing over whether I had it or not was because they simply placed the testing contacts wrong.

So I went to the hand surgeon today.

I was so proud of me because knowing beforehand that no one would be able to read any form I filled out, I printed out all my medical conditions and pill allergies before I left the house. The Secretary attach them to the back of my chart.

I get in the examination room and the stupid doctor won't even allow me to refer to list, saying he wants to hear from me.

I have ADD, and it's a long list. Even under the best of circumstances I may not remember everything and this guy is doing the torture tests on my hands -- making things like complicated list remembering impossible . Of course, apparently it's OK if I have a pill reaction because he prescribed something I'm allergic to, because he doesn't have to deal the consequences of me not remembering the complete list of what I'm allergic to -- bastard :whistle2:(

To make matters worse, he is third out of the 10 or so doctors I've seen over the years who doesn't think I have carpal tunnel at all. Now this I could live with as it meant no surgery, but I can't live with the fact he said I would just have to live with the pain. He thinks it's something called Fibromyalgia .
Now here is where it gets interesting.

You see, pre-Internet, I read two books a day on average and one of the most memorable was about a little girl named Karen who had severe Fibromyalgia . The disorder was brought under control by limiting her liquid intake, as drinking liquids of any type makes it worse.

Dr. DeLaRosa, AKA my hand doctor, has told me my chronic tendinitis of the fingers is as bad as it is because I don't drink enough liquids and if I would only drink more liquids during the day, I wouldn't be in this much pain.

Did you get all that?

Treating either one of the hand disorders makes the other one worse, so I'm screwed!

Did I mention I hate doctors ;-)

my family had an awesome doctor for about 20 years until we moved and since then we have not been able to find a quality doctor

Ive had the same doctor since i was born. I feel lucky he still makes jokes when he looks in my ears and stuff.

That is why it is called practicing medicine, not knowing medicine. Doctors get paid to experiment on humans. I choose a natural approach (natural remedies) as opposed to a chemical approach (doctors). So needless to say I don't deal with those idiots a whole lot.

At least they aren't perscribing drugs that alter your brain chemistry. Those worry me. Doctors know so little about the brain, yet they don't hesitate to prescribe something that radically alters brain chemistry.

Frank N Furter! It's all over!
Your mission is a failure;
Your lifestyle's too extreme!
I'm your new commander;
You now are my prisoner!
We return to Transylvania.
Prepare the transit beam.

i just came out of a two month stay at a hospital cause they couldnt diagnose what was wrong with me so mine is probably not the most unbiased opinion here. did i mention i left with a piece of my lung missing, anemia, and a pinched nerve.

Some doctors simply don't care....unfortunately those doctors seem to be the majority....every once in a while you run across one of those doctors that actually cares about their patients....sucks huh

I don't know if all of this doctor bashing is really fair. Yes, Minx had a bad doctor, he should have looked at the list you had already prepared, but diagnosing the problem from a list of symptoms is not easy.

There are many diseases and conditions which can cause the same symptoms. Sometimes these can be tested for, and sometimes the only way to attempt a diagnosis is trial and error.

Consider all the areas of the body including organs, veins, etc. There is a ton of information for a doctor to have knowledge about. Not to mention that sometimes the only way to learn is through experience, and if the doctor has never had to deal with a particular problem, the diagnosis is that much tougher.

Im' not trying to say there are no bad doctors out there, obviously there are. Some get into it because of the money and not because they want to help people.

I guess I feel the need to defend doctors because my girlfriend will be attending medical school soon. I have met many doctors, and most are good people. Consider this: my girlfriend is doing clinicals at a hospital yesterday, and goes in to check on a patient. She had to do some type of test to check on the oxygen level in her blood. A normal person would be at around 90% or so, this person was at 30%. The patient had started turning blue, but she was able to get some doctors in time to save the patients life. Believe me when I tell you how much doctors and nurses care. My girlfriend was definitely shaken up about it, and I'm proud of her.

How many people complainging here can say that you have ever saved someones life? Guess what, even bad doctors save lives every day. I just want all of you to consider how much stress doctors have and understand that they are trying.

I was not belittling doctors or anything of the nature... I know a large number of people in medicine that are good people that really care about what they do.... however, I have also heard other like minx that have had no end of problems with doctors, but it is like anything else you hear more about the bad one I guess

[quote name='extzed']I was not belittling doctors or anything of the nature... I know a large number of people in medicine that are good people that really care about what they do.... however, I have also heard other like minx that have had no end of problems with doctors, but it is like anything else you hear more about the bad one I guess[/quote]

Actually, now that I re-read my post, It seems like I was pissed off. That wasn't the case, I was just trying to make a point. :oops:

bread's done
Back