Why is future shop so stupid?

Wikkidkarma

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
I wrote an at length story about my experience which I'll link to at the end, but long story short, I bought 4 copies of crackdown 2 when it was on sale for 9.99. Future Shop shipped via Purolator who claimed one delivery attempt (no notice of delivery to be seen) then took it back to their warehouse for a week, the shipped it back to FS.

It was about a week and a bit before I got concerned and called, and I was given a complete brush off from them. Basically they blamed purolator, and since it wasn't their fault, they would neither re ship my items, or honor my original purchase price. There was email followup which showed an even bigger disregard for customer service.

I have some pre orders from their e3 deals, but outside of that I am done with FS and BB for good.

Betterthanjenn.blogspot.com if you want to read about the experience at length.

Same thing might happen to me very soon but with Best Buy. My shipment tracker says I need to correct an address (I don't, I just have one of those houses no one can find). I think it might be purolator's fault but it is hard to tell.

If you're proactive about it, you can learn from my mistake. Dont rely on purolator to tell you they've tried to ship it to you. Call your local depot and arrange a pickup. If it gets sent back to Best buy, you could end up in the same boat as me!

I could have easily visited a Future Shop location

what i like do to is order an in store pickup from the online site instead of getting there & not having stock, so my order is reserved & i'll know i'll get it

BB and FS will go back to Canada Post once the strike ends.
If you are expecting a package that is delivered by purolator. They got form where you can fill out and leave it at the door for the delivery person telling him/her to leave the package without a signature if it's safe to do so . The link to that form is below.

Purolator Special Services

[quote name='retro.elite']BB and FS will go back to Canada Post once the strike ends.[/QUOTE] I thought Futureshop always ships via Puralator.

It depends on the delivery person, but my experience with Puralator also pretty poor. I ordered a Duracell 16 GB SD card for $25 back in late May. I included my cell phone number on the address, but I never got any calls about the delivery. When I tracked the package, all it says it that it requires an address correction.

$25 isn't that hot for 16 GB so I never bothered emailing Futureshop about it. They recently had the sale again and I just walked into the store bought it. On the FS website, it says my order was completed and they charged me for it. That thing sat at Puralator for two weeks, requiring an address correction. Nobody even attempted to contact me despite my phone number being on the package. They recently sent my order to some electronics inspection place so I have no idea what's going on with FS.

Same thing happened to an order I had with Dell that was sent through Puralator as well.

[quote name='Mr.']I thought Futureshop always ships via Puralator.

[/QUOTE]
Everything I order from BB or FS, it's delivered by Canada Post.

yeah purolator sucks i think most of time they dont even bother knocking on the door theyll just give you a slip and their depot isnt close to me either

Wow. I didn't realize Purolator was this bad. I've never had a problem with anything sent through them.

I'm not generally home when they attempt delivery so I can't comment on whether they're actually knocking on my door or not, but the card is always there when they try and the pick-up location is a short 15 minute walk away. Never got a call though, even when I've left notes on my door saying I'm home and can't hear the door, and to call my number (with it listed on the note). They just stick the pick up thing to my note.

I have also felt Purolator's wrath. It wouldn't be a problem if the warehouse was close to me. I am also convinced that they rarely knock. I think that if they see that there are no cars in the driveway they just assume that nobody is there and simply leave the note.

However, as another poster said, you can fill out that form and they can leave packages without sombody signing for it. I haven't had anything delivered by Purolator since I filled it out, so I do not know if it worked or not.

Purolator has basically been good to me aside from the fact that they don't leave stuff at the door, you can get a sticker though that tells them to leave it. It's always the same guy and he acts like he remembers me even tho I rarely receive stuff from them. Outside of the postal strike FS and BB always ship to me via Canada Post. Dell always uses Purolator. I've had several instances of CP leaving stuff at the wrong house, which has happened at least 5+ times, one of those times it was my $250 3DS. Never really happened with Purolator although once Fed Ex left me a tag that was for someone else's stuff and when I went down to the office they asked me if I would mind just taking it and giving it to the right house. It was tickets to Disney Land, probably pretty expensive, I delivered them to the neighbor.

[quote name='Mr.']
$25 isn't that hot for 16 GB so I never bothered emailing Futureshop about it. They recently had the sale again and I just walked into the store bought it. On the FS website, it says my order was completed and they charged me for it. That thing sat at Puralator for two weeks, requiring an address correction. Nobody even attempted to contact me despite my phone number being on the package. They recently sent my order to some electronics inspection place so I have no idea what's going on with FS.
[/QUOTE]

I got this same problem with Purolator just recently (though with Best Buy) while ordering Zelda. No mail notice, no phone call (despite my phone being on the label), no email, nothing. They claimed they needed an address correction, yet CP, UPS, Fedex all were able to deliver to my address with no location, and a simple Google Maps result shows my exact spot on the map.

The BB rep was all "well reorder it then". Yeah, but then I have to pay $40 instead of $35 and don't get 800 Reward Points...

[quote name='darkstarripclaw']The BB rep was all "well reorder it then". Yeah, but then I have to pay $40 instead of $35 and don't get 800 Reward Points...[/QUOTE]I really wish we were able to do in-store pick-up with online preorders. :(

[quote name='Fuzzy']I really wish we were able to do in-store pick-up with online preorders. :([/QUOTE]

Ya it kind of sucks that they don't offer that option.

What I wish is that we could use our rewardzone certificates on online preorders, I'm always struggling to find something to use my rewards on cause every game I want has already been ordered online. I'm sitting on $50 right now.

bread's done
Back