Why isn't anyone talking about High Velocity Bowling?

[quote name='miyamotofreak']Godfuckingdamnit TMK. The last damn frame.[/QUOTE]I did the same thing playing Smog not too long ago. I accidentally hit my SIXAXIS as I was swinging against my bed (the board), so I messed up. :whistle2:( I really sucked today. I still need the 180 game (I've done it many times single player wise).

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Is it just me or do stats not update quickly at all? I've played at least five games or so, but my stats are completely barren.[/QUOTE]I noticed that too.

[quote name='The Mana Knight']Did anyone play online once and the other person quit? I had one game where I did really well getting 4 strikes in a row and a spare (first 5 frames), but then the other person quit since he kept leaving every frame open. I'm angry because that ruined my chances of getting the 180 or above trophy. I highly dislike quitters.[/quote]

Sounds like the same problem like in any of the Worms games when you play online.

All of the games that I try to start end up in some sort of "Synchronization Failed" message. After the 7th time or so of that happening, I game up trying to join an onine game.

Any idea on why that may be happening?

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2008/12/18/high-velocity-bowling-%e2%80%93-new-dlc-and-holiday-surprises/

Hello everyone! We hope you have been enjoying High Velocity Bowling (HVB) online over the past few months. For those of you who have never played before, HVB uses your SIXAXIS controller to simulate a genuine bowling swing. Challenge one of 8 unique bowlers in our single- player mode, or play multiplayer at home with up to 3 friends or family members. If you’re ready for more, go online and take on some of the bowlers, or just hang out for a casual game with someone new. You can listen to your own music while you bowl, and also earn PlayStation Network Trophies along the way. HVB is a great game to get everyone together this holiday season, and it’s available right now on the PlayStation Network Store for only $9.99.

Last month we added some flair to the world of HVB with the release of the two characters — Foxy Powers and Chastity Falls – as well as the All Hallow’s Eve Bowling Ball Pack. Last week, we released the new Gearhead Ball Pack, which is currently available on the Playstation Store for just $.99. Inspired by the American Hot Rod culture, players can now get ready to tear up the lanes in style with six new bowling ball designs, including two new showcase balls!

Well, this week, we are continuing to expand the HVB universe, with two new characters, Darryl “Stringbean” Johnson and Gage Mason. Like the new Gearhead Ball Pack, both Darryl and Gage are available for download TODAY for just $.99 each!

Here’s a little bit of background info about the two:
[[ Darryl “Stringbean” Johnson
Darryl is a long-haul trucker from Memphis, Tennessee. After his recent divorce, Darryl spent many lonely nights perfecting his hook down at his favorite bowling alley, Loading Dock Lanes. It’s about the only place on earth where a trucker with a passion for bowling can feel right at home amongst the oil, flatbed trailers and shipping containers. Darryl also loves fresh produce, which is the only thing he hauls these days. It just seemed natural for him to find a perfectly round watermelon and turn it into his favorite bowling ball, the melonballer.

Gage Mason
Gage grew up in Washington, D.C. as the only child in his family. Years of playing video games has helped his hand eye coordination, which has allowed him to perfect his bowling accuracy. Gage spends most of his time hanging out at the Dark Carnival. It’s a place to bowl a few games, reflect on his thoughts, and get into the perfect state of mind to write new lyrics for his band Pain Magnet.

Oh, and that’s not all in our sack of HVB goodies. As our gift from us to you, we will be giving away Tiff’s Big Zero Trick Shot Pack, as well Bea’s Holiday Spirit and Carl’s Season’s Greetings costumes – ALL FOR FREE!!!

AND, next week (12/23/08) we will be releasing more new FREE packs — the new Gutterbird Ball and Patches Pack One Trick Shot Pack.

So, there you have it – lots of cool new add-on content for all you HVB fans to enjoy!

But, before we sign off today, I wanted to address the handful of users who have been unable to connect with other players online. We haven’t forgotten you, and have been working hard to determine the cause of your connectivity issues. We recently discovered a problem that might prevent users from playing head-to-head when they are connected to the internet using a router that has a DNS caching feature enabled on it. We have made the fix and the patch is available now, all you have to do is log into the PlayStation Network and start up High Velocity Bowling.

Team RamRod would to thank everyone for their continued support and enthusiasm for HVB. For those of you who have never played the game before, we invite you to pick it up this holiday season. It’s a great game to play with your family and friends, whether they are with you at home, or if you want to play with them online.
Happy Holidays!

Team RamRod!
So there will be some free stuff today and next week along with a patch that's out today to try to make it easier to play online.

This game is really awesome. Ive had it for a long time but finally fired it up a few weeks ago and i just love hopping online and playing a few rounds there. I suck at it, doing 150-170 per game, but im slowly getting better. It blows away wii sports bowling through the window in every way. I just wish i could spin the ball with the controller instead of the r2 button, i can never get the feel of that down right. But most people i play online are spinning the ball perfectly, so i must need more time with it.

Wen you hold the r2 button for spin extend your index to hold in r1, it will cause your fingers to stay in place so you dont let go of your spin when swining.

What's up with the online ranking? I've played 4 games online against a friend and I'm still unranked.

This game is awesome though.

is it just me? i have to frantically shake the hell out of the controller to build up the power bar. fucking six axis.

Anyone tried playing HVB lately? I was gonna play with a buddy of mine tonight, and it came up with a patch install 1.30 (but didn't say what was on he patch). but I try to go online in the game and get an error that it can't connect to the Playstation Network.. But We are both logged in PSN.. anyone else having the issue?

I saw a thread on the playstation.com forums and it was suspected the servers were down because of the game coming free with this month issue of Quore.

Also does anyone know what the stats are for the extra characters you can download? I haven't seen it listed anywhere and I'd like to know before I plunk down some cash on any of them.

Name, Weight, Spin, Speed, Accuracy (for the ones i have at least)
Gage, 13, d+ c-, a+
amber, 15, c-, b+, c
Dwyane, 14, d-, a-, b
Caliente, 16, d+ a, d+
Carmen, 14, b-, b-, b-
Foxy, 16, a-, a-, d
Bruce, 12, a, a, b
Chastity, 16, b, d-, d+

I love this game too but I'm stuck at one of the tournaments, Also whenever I play online it never connects it always says people are busy, maybe we could have a CAG HVB Gamenight? I'd be down, I need some new trophies anyway :D

I just got this game, about a week ago. It's been fun for me and my wife has a good time playing too. Certainly worth the $10.

Anyone have suggestions for the challenge to unlock Hiro? After about 10 series attempts, I can't seem to get much better than around 600 for a 3 games against him and he's always getting 625+. On other lanes I can get 600 to 700 fairly often but on his lanes I stink.

[quote name='DonVanDam']I love this game too but I'm stuck at one of the tournaments, Also whenever I play online it never connects it always says people are busy, maybe we could have a CAG HVB Gamenight? I'd be down, I need some new trophies anyway :D[/QUOTE]

CAG HVB night would be good, but online play is limited to head to head play only. :(

I finally beat Hiro's challenge, this week. I used the D- ball and got a 234 vs his 214. He must have kicked my ass 25 games before I got his number ;).

But playing against other people online has been getting me frustrated, lately. So many people forfeit near the end of a game if they are down a few marks. Why can't people take losing? :bomb:
I usually hang around in the Average lanes (after midnight) if anyone here wants to play against a 180 bowler.

It was on sale for $5 at one point, it was also a free download for Qore subscribers recently, unfortunately I already had the game.

The online matches have been working but I have not seen my stats update since 8/11. Once they fix it, will the numbers catch up on anything I've done or are they history?

[quote name='jonlubbe']Name, Weight, Spin, Speed, Accuracy (for the ones i have at least)
Gage, 13, d+ c-, a+
amber, 15, c-, b+, c
Dwyane, 14, d-, a-, b
Caliente, 16, d+ a, d+
Carmen, 14, b-, b-, b-
Foxy, 16, a-, a-, d
Bruce, 12, a, a, b
Chastity, 16, b, d-, d+[/QUOTE]

Hey jonlubbe, did you manage to find out the rest of these for the other characters? I was thinking about buying some new characters this week, and I know they just released a schoolteacher character.

have not picked up any of the others yet.. but might get some more this weekend. (after payday of course)

I keep getting fairly far in the game (unlocked beatrice last time) and then my ps3 will YLOD.. hopefully this time it will be different.

I just tried to purchase Gage tonight, but it seems as the PS Store is having problems right now. Sometimes I can't log in, and other times I can't check out.

My friend said they are upgrading it to support Papa Jon's Pizza so you can order pizza online that way now but this is the first I heard of that lol

Anyone try the new character D.Graves released today? He's a old mortician (alternate costume is pretty funny), just downloaded him today, his stats are C-B B.

bread's done
Back