Why isn't there a chess game for live arcade??

suade907

CAGiversary!
It's been long enough. Why don't we have one that supports leaderboards and such? Or at least a chessmaster 10 rehash for live arcade?

I would have thought that cheap online games like chess, checkers and so on would have been some of the first live arcade games. What gives with MS?

[quote name='suade907']It's been long enough. Why don't we have one that supports leaderboards and such? Or at least a chessmaster 10 rehash for live arcade?

I would have thought that cheap online games like chess, checkers and so on would have been some of the first live arcade games. What gives with MS?[/QUOTE]

I dont think anyone would pay $5 for chess or checkers...

I sure as hell wont!

I would for chess. Maybe they could put them both in the same game. I'd pay $5 for chess years before UNO but obviously a lot of people want that.
My guess is it seems to easy and makes too much sense when they could put up nothing instead.

They could easily put Battlechess on there for 400 points and people would buy it. I know I would.

Speaking of which, what about classic Milton Bradley and Parker Brothers board games like Monopoly and Risk???

[quote name='terribledeli']Chess is in the works.[/QUOTE]

if you look at some of the live camera packages there's pics of chess... plus Microsoft has been on it for a while.

Can't wait.

As long as it isn't shitty like those "hardwood" games, I will play this SO much.

And I can't wait for Monopoly, either. Something with a uniquely "Monopoly" visual flair, like UNO, but Monopoly.

And they must all support the vision camera.

[quote name='Zurezo']Screw chess. Give me scrabble, with the vision camera.[/QUOTE]

I never thought of that. I hope this is a game XBLA will consider as I would purchase it in a heartbeat. I'd have to give monopoly a good consideration as well.

XBLA definitely needs some more board and card games, that's certain.

I was really excited to hear that caracassone was coming. I hope to see other games like maybe Power Grid, Ra, Bohnanza, Puerto Rico, Tigris and Euphrates or any war game.

C'mon, you know they're going to make a Chess game, if only to fill in 'off' weeks with 'sets' from Kameo, Viva Pinata, and--gasp!!--maybe even, well...you know.

I would also like a graphically-enhanced version of Archon. Getting my ass kicked all over again would be worth it.

When you buy the vision camera. It has pictures of people playing chess with video on the instruction book inside.

I would love to have chess on live. I play a shitload of chess. Its the king of games.

A lot of board games/card games are ideal for XBLA! Hell, if we get Monopoly I also want Scrabble, Life, Yahtzee (mmm

[quote name='jollydwarf']

I would also like a graphically-enhanced version of Archon. Getting my ass kicked all over again would be worth it.[/QUOTE]

Me too. I think I saw that this was on deck for one of the consoles online services.

bread's done
Back