Why should I buy a Ps4 over an Xbox One?

Mostly comes down to:

1. Do you like Sony or MS first party games more?

2. How much of a graphics person are you? PS4 is more powerful and has been tending to have multiplat form games run at higher resolution (often 1080p vs. 900p on X1) and/or higher frame rates.

3. Which controller do you like better?

4. Do you play online? If so do more of your friends have one or the other?

5. Are you interests in the tv features, snapping things while gaming (i.e. Watch TV while gaming) on X1?

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the reply, I feel like I dont care in the minimal difference of 180p in graphics, have you played both? what system runs faster?

I had a ps4 at launch, loved it, but traded it in towards an x1 just cause I ran out of games to play. That and the annoying thing where some blurays take a minute to play.
The x1 was great as well but no one I know was going to get one. Plus I prefer Sony exclusives. I'm also looking forward to remote play with the vita.

To me I think it comes down to what do your friends have or plan on getting and what upcoming titles are you looking forwards to the most.

Also I nearly reached 50% if my x1s storage with only owning 5 games. So memory runs quick

Thanks for the reply, I feel like I dont care in the minimal difference of 180p in graphics, have you played both? what system runs faster?
Um what do you mean by 'faster'? Some Xbox One games are 30FPS while PS4 version are 60FPS and will be smoother.

Also installing game on Xbox One is usually longer than PS4.

Downloading games is dependent on your internet speed, but installing them is slow as heck on the Xbox One, although it's not much faster on the PS4 without an upgraded hdd.

Dashboard and all of it's menu's load pretty fast on the Xbox One and I have no issues with them.

Overall it comes down to which exclusives you prefer, which online platform you prefer, and which controller you prefer. I recommend watching some Youtube videos on both systems to get a look at how the UI looks and feels, and maybe go to Gamestop/Best Buy to feel it for yourself and see how the controllers feel.

I had a ps4 at launch, loved it, but traded it in towards an x1 just cause I ran out of games to play. That and the annoying thing where some blurays take a minute to play.
The x1 was great as well but no one I know was going to get one. Plus I prefer Sony exclusives. I'm also looking forward to remote play with the vita.

To me I think it comes down to what do your friends have or plan on getting and what upcoming titles are you looking forwards to the most.

Also I nearly reached 50% if my x1s storage with only owning 5 games. So memory runs quick
To be fair the PS4 has the same sized HDD and retail game installs are going to be exactly the same size as Xbox One games...

Install sizes are roughly the same, but on the ps4 you only need to install a portion of the game before you start to play. On Xbox one, you have to install the full game first.

I have had both consoles since launch.

Do you have PS+ or XBLG currently? You can go to the online store and "purchase" the free games before they expire, so when you get the console you have a bunch of games in your backlog thanks to those services :D Both are great choices, it's just a matter of preference and exclusives.

dmaul pretty much nailed it outside of maybe PS+ vs XBGWG. I have both PS+ and Gold now thanks to the free games, but you have to compare both are what are being offered.  This month is Towerfall vs Guacamelee. It will be interesting to see what both companies offer for the "free" games, but my bet is Sony will have the edge especially with 3 systems. But you have to own a Vita to take advantage of th at to.

Install sizes are roughly the same, but on the ps4 you only need to install a portion of the game before you start to play. On Xbox one, you have to install the full game first.

I have had both consoles since launch.
Actually you only need to install a portion to play on the Xbox One similar to the PS4. I was able to just recently play Forza 5 while the rest installed and did the same for Watch Dogs.

Reasons I bought the PS4 over Xbox One.

20% - Hype from E3 reveal plus DRM controversy

50% - More powerful hardware

30% - Don't care about Halo, Forza as much as I do MLB The Show. 

Actually you only need to install a portion to play on the Xbox One similar to the PS4. I was able to just recently play Forza 5 while the rest installed and did the same for Watch Dogs.
Thanks for clearing that up. Every time I installed a game on XB1 it just seemed to take longer. I purchase most multi-platform games for the PS4 and mainly just use the Xbox One for exclusives.

In reality only two things matter.

What system are your friends getting if you play online a lot with them.

What exclusives do you like more? MS gets you halo, forza, gears, etc PS gets you uncharted, bloodborne, the order, etc.

Really all third party games will wind up being about equal except graphics might be a little better on the Quad since it has a little more power (which might now be more equal with the 10 percent boost trick ms has done when kinect is not in use).

I have a Quad and might pick up a xb1 in a few years when there are a lot of exclusives on it I want to play and a 250 or less price. Only reason thats even an option for me now is they finally made a kinectless sku. Not in any hurry to own both.

Here's all you need to know about PS4. (Watch the Driveclub videos)

http://n4g.com/news/1545327/your-first-look-at-driveclubs-dynamic-weather-in-action
I cannot believe someone would bring Driveclub into the conversation. While it looks good, the Sony Greed / losing money out the @ss and Going from "most of it will be free minus a few things" promise to "it is crippled and will be deleted if your PS+ runs out regardless if you purchased it thru PSN" to now "fuck you we need money and will only give you a 1/5 of the game for free" game.

Quote from last July: ""Yes, the PS Plus version will be the exact same as the full version, except that it may be missing a few assets, such as cars or tracks, that will be found in the full version," Evolution said."

I certainly do not think missing 80% of the game is "a few."

Sorry, off topic but I'm still annoyed at the Driveclub fiasco. Captain obvious with that statement.

To the topic at hand - what everyone else said about friends.

I cannot believe someone would bring Driveclub into the conversation. While it looks good, the Sony Greed / losing money out the @ss and Going from "most of it will be free minus a few things" promise to "it is crippled and will be deleted if your PS+ runs out regardless if you purchased it thru PSN" to now "fuck you we need money and will only give you a 1/5 of the game for free" game.

Quote from last July: ""Yes, the PS Plus version will be the exact same as the full version, except that it may be missing a few assets, such as cars or tracks, that will be found in the full version," Evolution said."

I certainly do not think missing 80% of the game is "a few."

Sorry, off topic but I'm still annoyed at the Driveclub fiasco. Captain obvious with that statement.

To the topic at hand - what everyone else said about friends.
I don't care what Sony does with the "FREE" version of Driveclub. That game is WORTH 60 Dollars! I don't see what your complaint is.... the set up from the start was that you're getting a portion of the game free. (You pay money for the rest.) All in all, that makes it just a glorified demo. Honestly, I think they have put enough content into the game to make it worth a purchase.

Personally I think it's hilarious he'd just use Drive Club as a reason to own the PS4. That game doesn't look promising at all and with all the delays it suffered I don't have high expectations.

Also flash over substance is all that matters. Sure Drive Club looks amazing but I'd wait until the final game launches and people can try it out for themselves.

bread's done
Back