Why showing your location is helpful:

SOSTrooper

CAGiversary!
Feedback
29 (100%)
A few times I noticed is that a lot of people do not put their locations in their profile, thus no location is shown when they post under the avatar. While I cannot and will not encourage everyone to input their locations, it is just easier for others to use your locality to find deals for you when you inquire about a sale or item help. For instance, stores like Microcenter, Fry's, Hastings, Rhino are regional, thus I won't recommend buying a sale item at Fry's if you live in New York. But without knowing where you live, it makes it harder for us to suggest alternatives based on what you didnt tell us. I'm one of those people that frequents deal sites and store ads online and look for a lot of stuff, if I and others know which metropolitan you're from, we can give you betters responds based on your locality.

Also it's so incredibly unhelpful when people brag about their scores, stuff like "Yeah, my store had a dozen DQ8s in the cardboard sleeves!" and they don't have their location listed.

I think it's a little lame to not put your location..... I mean, do they think people are going to come kidnap them based on a city, and more than likely a video game related screen-name?

[quote name='Chris in Cali']I think it's a little lame to not put your location..... I mean, do they think people are going to come kidnap them based on a city, and more than likely a video game related screen-name?[/quote]

Maybe gamertags too:lol:

is see the location as frivilous for the most part. If i ship a game, or get a game from someone else, obviously they would have my exact address

bread's done
Back