Why the mods were right to lock the Walmart “scam” thread

atheist_uberboy

CAGiversary!
I just tried to return Dead or Alive Ultimate at best buy today and they refused to take it even for an exchange because I didn’t have a receipt. The employee told me they wouldn’t take anything back without a receipt now. A couple of months ago they would allow exchanges without a receipt.

This is what happens when too many “devil customers” start abusing a company’s return policy.

My point in posting this is that there is now a major chain which has reacted to scams of this nature and taken away the avenue for legitimate returns to occur. Since no one will ever be arrested or criminally charged for pulling a return scam like that simply saying "its illegal" is not much of a deterrent. However since the timing of my irritating discovery of Best Buy's changed return policy coencited with the recent debate on this board I felt it would not be out of line to point out that abuses of the system can end up killing the benifit being exploited.

or maybe they realized that accepting returns without receipts is a dumb poilcy to begin with?

bread's done
Back