Why the X???

Skyfall_007

CAGiversary!
How did they come up with X for Xbox just wondering couldn't have they come up with another letter instead of X?

I always thought it was some kind of Hippie-esc univeral variable thing.
In pc talk computers are referred to as "boxes", i.e win-box, linux-box, be-box. I thought the X was a refference to the mathematic variable for anything, as if to say there is no need for your old consoles when you have the "X" box (as in everything), though I'm sure Mountain Dew, Extreme Game, Gung ho marketing has alot to do with the X...

[quote name='punqsux']maaaan...i thought this was gunna be a topic of people talking about why they're edge[/quote]
Yea I thought this would be a straight edge topic, now im depressed.

[quote name='Nirvanaguy777'][quote name='punqsux']maaaan...i thought this was gunna be a topic of people talking about why they're edge[/quote]
Yea I thought this would be a straight edge topic, now im depressed.[/quote]

The letter "X" is Xtreme to the maXXX!!!!!11

[quote name='peteloaf']I always thought it was some kind of Hippie-esc univeral variable thing.
In pc talk computers are referred to as "boxes", i.e win-box, linux-box, be-box. I thought the X was a refference to the mathematic variable for anything, as if to say there is no need for your old consoles when you have the "X" box (as in everything), though I'm sure Mountain Dew, Extreme Game, Gung ho marketing has alot to do with the X...[/quote]

I've always heard that it was direct X. But this is a pretty clever translation IMO.

X followed by the word box sounds better than any other letter followed by the word box...

and don't worry...i went ahead and took a survey to prove it :)

they should've called it A-Box ... that woulda been cool..

it would've made people sound like they were stuttering

person: you gonna get a a-box?

person2: why would i want a box?

person: a box has some pretty badass games.

bread's done
Back