Why too many GREAT DS games keep coming !!!

Masterkyo

CAGiversary!
Feedback
15 (100%)
I don't think i ever catch up with DS games again :(

September

Mario vs Donkey Kong 2: March of the Minis (09-25)
Mage Knight Destiny's Soldier (09-26)
Alex Rider: Stormbreaker (09-27)
Bubble Bobble Revolution (09-29)
Rainbow Islands Revolution (09-29)

October

Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles -- Ring of Fates (10-01)
Puzzle de Harvest Moon (10-01)
Nintendogs:Dalmatian (10-16)
Contact (10-17)
Legend of Spyro: A New Beginning (10-17)
Magical Starsign (10-23)
FullMetal Alchemist: Dual Sympathy (10-24)
Touch Detective (10-24)
Children of Mana (10-30)
Pokemon Ranger (10-30)

November

Elite Beat Agents (11-06)
BomberMan Land Touch! (11-07)
Yoshi's Island 2 (11-13)
Final Fantasy III (11-14)
Tamagotchi Connection: Corner Shop 2 (11-14)

December

Chibi-Robo: Park Patrol (12-01)
Death Jr & the Science Fair of Doom (12-01)
Diddy Kong Racing (12-01)
GoPets (12-01)
Hotel Dusk: Room 215 (12-01)
Custom Robo Arena (12-04)
Kirby: Squeak Squad (12-04)
Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin (12-05)

If it makes you feel any better I imported Bubble Bobble Revoultion, and it is utterly and competely awful. That's one less game for you to get. Also Nintendogs: Dalmatian and Friends is only different in that you start out with the spotted dog rather then getting it as the last unlockable breed.

[quote name='furyk']If it makes you feel any better I imported Bubble Bobble Revoultion, and it is utterly and competely awful. That's one less game for you to get. Also Nintendogs: Dalmatian and Friends is only different in that you start out with the spotted dog rather then getting it as the last unlockable breed.[/quote]
Thanks... I can wait for the VC incarnation of Bubble Bubble, if there is any hope for salvation in this world.

[quote name='botticus']Thanks... I can wait for the VC incarnation of Bubble Bubble, if there is any hope for salvation in this world.[/QUOTE]

If you're jonesing for some Bubble Bobble, try picking up Bubble Bobble: Old and New for the GBA. It's a really brilliant title, and one of the most criminally underknown games for the GBA.

[quote name='furyk']If you're jonesing for some Bubble Bobble, try picking up Bubble Bobble: Old and New for the GBA. It's a really brilliant title, and one of the most criminally underknown games for the GBA.[/quote]
Only reason I stayed away from that is I've read it forces the screen to scroll side to side somewhat on the port of the original. I figure if I can snag Bubble Bobble on VC for $5, it's worth holding out a few months longer. And few things can beat Bubble Bobble on the TV.

[quote name='BIG5']I only see 3 games worth buying on your list: Castlevania, FFIII, and Yoshi's Island 2.[/QUOTE]

Then you must have something wrong with your eyes. Elite Beat Agents is going to be a brilliant game. Kirby Squeak Squad, despite the bleh name, looks to continue the tradition of great 2D Kirby games (especially if it has a multiplayer co-op mode a la Kirby & the Amazing Mirror). Hotel Dusk looks like it might be the next Phoenix Wright. Beyond that Contact, Pokemon Ranger, Mario vs DK 2, Touch Detectives, and quite a few of the other games mentoned have a decent shot of being worthy purchases.

Hm, with the exception of FFIII and Castlevania POR, most of those don't interest me. You're also missing SNK Vs Capcom Card Fighters and Gyakuten Saiban 2 (import, but fully translated in English).

[quote name='gunm']Hm, with the exception of FFIII and Castlevania POR, most of those don't interest me. You're also missing SNK Vs Capcom Card Fighters and Gyakuten Saiban 2 (import, but fully translated in English).[/quote]
The US releases of both of those got pushed back to January and beyond.

Only 3 games on that list that I want. :D

Dual Sympathy's coming out?! Yay! I love the Fullmetal games.

Also, FF III, maybe Children of Mana

but, I have to say this, I'm sticking to the original Ouendan. The Japanese version has much better music [including my favorite Yaida Hitomi] and without the crazy American cheerleader routines, it's just not the same game. Elite Beats, based on what I've seen on TV and stores, just doesn't look like the same game at all...kind of like a cross of Men in Black and Blue Man Group

Is Crystal Chronicles really coming out in less than 2 weeks? Gamestop has the 10/1 date but I haven't seen so much as a screenshot or preview. All I can find is IGN's short blurb from e3. Anybody know anything about this? Is it a port of the gc game? Any wifi?

[quote name='botticus']Only reason I stayed away from that is I've read it forces the screen to scroll side to side somewhat on the port of the original. I figure if I can snag Bubble Bobble on VC for $5, it's worth holding out a few months longer. And few things can beat Bubble Bobble on the TV.[/QUOTE]

It does due to the size and aspect ration of the GBA screen, but its still a fun pickup...

That and I was never good enough to beat the damn game when I was younger.

Best Value City pickup ever.

[quote name='furyk']Then you must have something wrong with your eyes. Elite Beat Agents is going to be a brilliant game. Kirby Squeak Squad, despite the bleh name, looks to continue the tradition of great 2D Kirby games (especially if it has a multiplayer co-op mode a la Kirby & the Amazing Mirror). Hotel Dusk looks like it might be the next Phoenix Wright. Beyond that Contact, Pokemon Ranger, Mario vs DK 2, Touch Detectives, and quite a few of the other games mentoned have a decent shot of being worthy purchases.[/QUOTE]
I think you're overlooking the fact that I'm not 12. And if you've playing one Pokemon game (for 5 minutes) you've played them all.

Quick runthrough of what I'm looking forward to:

Touch Detective (10-24)
Pokemon Ranger (10-30) (Maybe)
Elite Beat Agents (11-06) (Maybe)
Yoshi's Island 2 (11-13)

Yeah....that's still gonna be damn pricey :D

good for me i guess. not because i wanna buy newly released titles, but for the older titles to get reduced prices and i can now get most of them unlike in the past.

[quote name='BIG5']I only see 3 games worth buying on your list: Castlevania, FFIII, and Yoshi's Island 2.[/QUOTE]

Then you're not looking hard enough!! In addition to the three you've pegged, here's what I'm interested in:

-- Mario vs Donkey Kong 2 (first one was *awesome*)
-- Contact
-- Touch Detective
-- Elite Beat Agents
-- Chibi-Robo: Park Patrol
-- Hotel Dusk: Room 215

Too many good games!!

Games always look better in a list, but in reality most of those arent worth owning. After a slow summer I was extremely excited for Starfox, lego star wars ds and Mario basketball but now that theyre here i'm realizing i just wasted $100.

[quote name='mini.boss']Games always look better in a list, but in reality most of those arent worth owning. After a slow summer I was extremely excited for Starfox, lego star wars ds and Mario basketball but now that theyre here i'm realizing i just wasted $100.[/QUOTE]

I held up on the other 2 but Starfox is great.

Will Chibi Robo be wifi? I ask this of every game, and am too lazy to look. I'm sure it isn't, but I am still looking for Toy Commander-like wifi goodness.....somewhere.

Even though I got schooled every time in multiplayer.

too many games I want

Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles -- Ring of Fates (10-01)
Touch Detective (10-24)
Children of Mana (10-30)

The DS has this habit of sucking from January - August and then starting to kick everyone's ass for the rest of the year. And I'm not sure I like it. My DS sits on the shelf for most of the year, but damn is it getting a lot of use now. Oh well... I don't really care enough to complain when the games we get are this good.

[quote name='Chacrana']The DS has this habit of sucking from January - August and then starting to kick everyone's ass for the rest of the year. And I'm not sure I like it. My DS sits on the shelf for most of the year, but damn is it getting a lot of use now. Oh well... I don't really care enough to complain when the games we get are this good.[/quote]DS had good stuff in jan-aug. that was like when tetris, pokemon trozei, super princess peach, NSMB, brain age, resident evil (meh), MPH all came out. and ff3, which i've been playing heh.

Contact, Magical Starsign, Elite Beat Agents, Final Fantasy III, Hotek dusk, and Castlevania are all purchases for me. I am excited...finally some good RPG's.

[quote name='botticus']Only reason I stayed away from that is I've read it forces the screen to scroll side to side somewhat on the port of the original[/QUOTE]

Press the left trigger to zoom in/out. Here's a snapshot of a narrow level:

bubbob1qr5.png

-

bubbob2it0.png

Looking forward to in '06 -

Contact 10/17
Touch Detective 10/24
Yoshi's Island 2 11/13
Hotel Dusk room 215 12/01
Capcom Card Fighters ?/2007
Phoenix Wright 2 ?/2007
and maybe
Meteos Disney Edition

My List

Clubhouse Games
NFS: Carbon
Asphalt Urban GT 2
Yoshi's Island 2
Hotel Dusk: Room 215
Castlevania: POR
Phoenix Wright: Justice for All

Pre ordered:

Final Fantasy 3
Elite Beat Agents

Let's see...Yoshi's Island II for definitely.

On the fence for FFIII, Chibi Robo, Contact and EBA.

I want to have time for Wii and finally finish up my backlog by new year's, no later.

Yoshi's Island 2, EBA, Castlevania, and Mario vs. DK 2 are on my list. With the Wii, I think most of them will have to be Christmas list things. Um... people still buy games for a 24 year old married man, right? ;)

Buy:

Intrigued:
Yoshi's Island 2 (11-13)
Diddy Kong Racing (12-01)

I'll definitely get Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin, Phoenix Wright 2 and Yoshi's Island 2. Elite Beat Agents, Kirby: Squeak Squad and Mega Man ZX (still need to get it..) look pretty cool but I'm on the fence with them.

[quote name='Kawnhr']I'll definitely get Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin, Phoenix Wright 2 and Yoshi's Island 2. Elite Beat Agents, Kirby: Squeak Squad and Mega Man ZX (still need to get it..) look pretty cool but I'm on the fence with them.[/QUOTE]

Elite Beat Agents is a game that is superbly addictive. You just need to play it a few times and it will suck you in.

At this point I'm just worried about the soundtrack. This has nothing to do with Ouedan, but music/rhythm games NEED an awesome soundtrack for it to be playable. Of course, the two songs for mission 1 and 2 were pretty awesome imo, so I'm not TOO worried.

Is it worth $50, though?

I'm planning to get Yoshi's Island 2 and Castlevania the week they're released, and I'll probably get Kirby, Diddy Kong Racing, and a couple more of those when they're cheaper.

[quote name='62t']At least Pokemon Pearl / Diamond and Phoenix Wright are not coming this year.[/quote] Yea, then you guys would have a big list of games to get and I would most likely buy a DS. heh :)

bread's done
Back