Why use Goozex?

DanteMayCry

CAGiversary!
I like the idea of Goozex. The site seems very nice and easy to use. But I do have some concerns in trying to use it.

It seems like it will take forever for anyone to want anything of mine unless I put up absolutely brand new stuff I could likely resell for close to retail anyways.

I also won't be able to get any relatively new games as well as there are a ton of people ahead, with few people actively shipping.

So, that leaves older games. Is that the only real draw for Goozex? And as a seller, what is the motivation to move a lot of 100 pt games? Only if you want other, older games that no one else wants? I am trying to trim a lot of fat off my collection, so my desire for older games is much lower. Is this just a bad match for me then?

New games are pretty easy to get after about 2-3 months on Goozex unless the demand for a game is just insane. Getting rid of 100 point games is really only good if you want to get other 100 point games. If you sent out 10 100 point games to get a 1000 point game, you would spend $20-$30 in shipping alone. I try to find games that are in demand that are worth a few points. Goozex might be good to try provided you don't mind waiting for certain games.

Also if you can get a bunch of people to join using your referral link, you will get 100 points and 1 trade credit for each person once they have a positive trade.

goozex is great, the "crappy" games will move in a matter of time.
goozex is all about patience. if u start today, ure games that collect dust will make progress rather then none at all. If u move a ton of 100 pt games theyll add up. its not like ull play halo 1 or 2 again. U save up the points and u can get a 50 dollar game. if u trade them into gamestop or eb u get crap like $1 or $3. Ive traded 6 games and already got about 1600 pts, and those were all old GBA games and a few older psp titles. u can also refer other members and gain pts, i got about 600 pts just from referrals already! cant hurt to join it and it builds ur online rep easy!

I like Goozex but I would not recommend listing a bunch of 100 pt games. 100 pts = $5, bare in mind that sellers pay for shipping cost. Goozex wants sellers to ship using first class and recommends delivery confirmation ($0.75 extra). If you add that up it roughly costs about $2.50 to ship a game. I read on Goozex that you can't choose your trader, so if you do list a lot of 100 pt games chances are you'll be getting a different person every time. Imagine the shipping cost. The only thing that sucks is the fact that older games tend to have a low value regardless of how rare/popular they currently are. So unless you absolutely can't find any other place to take it off your hands use Goozex.

The thing I hate is how shitty their point update system is.

They say that is all about "supply and demand" then how come games that have 50 or so active available copies yet no requests are out for the game, why do the point value rise for the game?

I love Goozex because it's excellent for filling in holes in your collection (last-gen, espescially), and the wait for new stuff doesn't bother me because I tend to pick them up after price-drops anyways. I've never waited more than a week or so for something on my request list, mostly because I keep it small and whenever I get the urge to pick something up, I'll add it.

Goozex is great for impulse trading. It was better when they gave 5 free trades for referrals, but still, they're giving you a free 100 point game just for signing up. There's some gems to be had for 100 points as well.

Stuff that you think will never ship actually does (the Burger King games and crappy GBA games, for instance) fairly quickly.

http://www.goozex.com/trading/asp/join.asp?idr=51748853481

Goozex has one good point and that's that you don't have to interest with other people too much. I've found 90% of people on GameTZ are total dipshits who can't read and don't know how to respond. Goozex is also nice because it's pretty much does the middle work for you.

But I don't like Goozex because it seems like it takes forever for me to get matched up with anything, by which time the item's points value goes up by quite a bit more than what it was when I added it. And you have no say in whether you get the original or non-original version of a game and the condition of the game.

its awesome despite some problems with users. what comes down to, is that you trade all the games you really have no intention of playing or just flat out horrible/cheap/etc. in return, you get rewarded with a next-gen game.

Yea, but like mentioned, by the time I dump enough 100 pt games, I have spent a load in shipping. By the time I get the 1000 pt game I wanted, it is probably dropped in price or about to, meaning I paid in shipping what I could have just bought it in the store. Now I am out my old games and I paid the same price. I also hate packing up crap and going to the PO for shipping, so I have wasted a bunch of time as well.

I have no desire to get anything from any previous generations. I have all the games I want to play from those. I have no interest at all in 'collecting' games anymore. It just has no appeal to me.

I know it just sounds like I am being a whiny bitch. I am just trying to respond with concerns to some recent replies. I was hoping that, being a noob there, I was missing something. It does not appear I was, at least for what my needs are. I am sure it works great for others.

For me it's a good way to get rid of old games I've picked up for cheap at garage sales. I just traded in enough games for X360 Skate. Better than trying to sell them on eBay.

GameTZ is far, far better. You can actually communicate with the person you're trading with before you agree to get an idea of condition, work out multiple item trades, and just generally it's a faster and better experience.

The only thing I bother with Goozex for is games that have absolutely no trade value. I just traded The Sopranos on PS2 for 200 points. It also has a wacky points system. Burnout Paradise, a $30 game on Amazon, is still at 850 points. Ahead of a ton of games still $60.

I've found that half of the time that you actually get someone to respond AT ALL to work out a deal, they over-value the hell out of their stuff. Just last week I had someone ask for two games on top of what should have been a pretty equal trade (value wise) and I just wanted to get the deal done so I agreed... only to be PMed that they changed their mind.

Goozex, while far from perfect, cuts out the haggling with morons and provides peace of mind for buyers by returning points if the game never shows up.

[quote name='DanteMayCry']Yea, but like mentioned, by the time I dump enough 100 pt games, I have spent a load in shipping. By the time I get the 1000 pt game I wanted, it is probably dropped in price or about to, meaning I paid in shipping what I could have just bought it in the store. Now I am out my old games and I paid the same price. I also hate packing up crap and going to the PO for shipping, so I have wasted a bunch of time as well.

I have no desire to get anything from any previous generations. I have all the games I want to play from those. I have no interest at all in 'collecting' games anymore. It just has no appeal to me.

I know it just sounds like I am being a whiny bitch. I am just trying to respond with concerns to some recent replies. I was hoping that, being a noob there, I was missing something. It does not appear I was, at least for what my needs are. I am sure it works great for others.[/quote]
seems like you have no patience, then goozex is not for you. plain and simple. keep trading those games at gamestop but if you want full value for your games, then do ebay. but if you really do hate packing and sending it to the post office, then gamestop is your friend.

Perhaps, though I could stand waiting a bit, but when the reward is that I shipped out about 10 games and ended up only saving 5-10 bucks off of what I would have paid if I had not had those shipping charges..it just doesn't seem like that good of a deal to me.

GS is easy, but I rarely use them for obvious reasons. As much as I hate packing and going to the PO, I hate getting ripped off even more. I would rather sell them in one big lot, or several large ones, on ebay than that.

i've gotten alot of mario ds games from goozex for cheap while i've only sent 100 point games out. It's way better than buying used at gamestop (total fucking ripoffs)

[quote name='devildr1ver']i've gotten alot of mario ds games from goozex for cheap while i've only sent 100 point games out. It's way better than buying used at gamestop (total fucking ripoffs)[/quote]

That's cool. Maybe I will check it out for some portable titles.

[quote name='devildr1ver']i've gotten alot of mario ds games from goozex for cheap while i've only sent 100 point games out. It's way better than buying used at gamestop (total fucking ripoffs)[/QUOTE]

That is the same thing I have been doing! I've move alot of old, old, old PC title and have gotten nice new 1st party DS stuff in return.

I'm a very happy Goozexer, I just don't expect to ever get Electoplanklton or DDR Mario Mix off it.

bread's done
Back