Why was my trade thread removed?

GizmoGC

CAGiversary!
Feedback
84 (98%)
Why?

I was selling my UPC from my 60GB PS3. I don't recall this every being an issue here. No message from a mod that my thread was removed.

At the very least, it looks like you've been making one thread for each item that you wanted to buy or sell. According to the trading forum guidelines, you should only have one trading thread, period.
No multiple tradelists. One topic per user. If you want to start a new topic, that is fine but let the other drop. There's no need for "single purpose TL's";, if there are new things FT/FS/WTB, please add them to the existing TL. Repeated violation of this rule will result in loss of Trading Forum privileges.

As for the actual legitimacy of selling console UPCs, that's a bit of a gray area. However you should have been notified that your thread was closed, and the reason for its closing.

[quote name='evilmax17']At the very least, it looks like you've been making one thread for each item that you wanted to buy or sell. According to the trading forum guidelines, you should only have one trading thread, period.

As for the actual legitimacy of selling console UPCs, that's a bit of a gray area. However you should have been notified that your thread was closed, and the reason for its closing.[/QUOTE]

Except I don't have multiple trade lists. I have not started a trade list in the forum for well over a week and its buried somewhere around page 15-25.

Edit: October 8th was my last trade list with no response and no bump. Should I just bump that one and edit it?

[quote name='GizmoGC']Except I don't have multiple trade lists. I have not started a trade list in the forum for well over a week and its buried somewhere around page 15-25.

Edit: October 8th was my last trade list with no response and no bump. Should I just bump that one and edit it?[/QUOTE]

yes

[quote name='GizmoGC']Except I don't have multiple trade lists. I have not started a trade list in the forum for well over a week and its buried somewhere around page 15-25.

Edit: October 8th was my last trade list with no response and no bump. Should I just bump that one and edit it?[/quote]
To give an overview of CAG rules, each user is supposed to have one thread displaying their items for trade/sale. If you do have a new item(s) for sale, generally you are supposed to edit your main post and insert the those new items into it, then bumping it up as needed. If you feel as if your thread is too old or has too many posts, you could consider letting it drop and creating a new thread, but this is not necessary. Stick to one thread is the basic idea, helps keep the trading forum a little less flooded.

[quote name='GizmoGC']Wow. If thats true, I'm shocked if I am the only one. Ok, I'll edit and bump my old one then.[/quote]
The rules do state that users are supposed to stick with one thread, however not all do. Sometimes though, like I mentioned, if the user feels he/she would like a new thread he/she can allow his old thread to drop and create a new one. But if mutliple threads are created and both used, moderators should notify the user and correct the situation.

You can make a new thread but you are to let the old one drop off, just like gizmo did and as has already been covered in this thread. (It even says this in the quote from em near the top here.)

However if the CML link in your profile points to one other than the thread you are actively bumping a mod may have seen that as having two active lists. (I don't know if that's the case or not here.)

bread's done
Back