Why White? Why?

NoRain

CAGiversary!
Feedback
6 (100%)
I didn't really know where to put this so I figured off topic was a pretty safe bet. Why are all the consoles coming out in white? The XBOX 360 and from my understanding the Wii is only going to be available in white on release. Why white? Is it because it stands out against your black ps2 and black dvd player and black tv and makes everyone notice it? Why not make it in black or atleast grey so that it has some chance of not clashing? Are they trying to draw attention to it so that everyone that comes in sees and insists on playing it or are they all just trying to make our home theater setups look more tacky.

OK enough on the rant now to possible solutions. The XBOX 360 atleast has changeable faceplates is there any word if thats going to be available for the Wii? I read a thread a while back where people were buying consoles with extended warranties and then returning them right before the warranty was up to swap them out even if they were undamaged, I think thats a little shady, but if they are going to make you wait for a black console release does that make it a less shady proposition? Tell me what you think, is white a dumb console color, is swapping nondefective systems shady, ect?

Because electronics go through color stages.

70's- Wood (with hints of black)
80-'s wood & sliver (all electronics had a sliver plastic, or metal body with wooden face or top)
90's- black (plastic and black, also known as charcoal grey)
2000-sliver (mostly plastic, some big items are metal dvd, tivos etc)
2005- white & sliver (even though black is making a small comeback as new glossy black)

[quote name='Graystone']Because electronics go through color stages.

70's- wood
80-'s wood & sliver
90's- black
2000-sliver
2005- white & sliver (even though black is making a small comeback)[/QUOTE]

Don't forget the newer colors are now glossy.

it's the ipod's fault..

I personally like white, but you're right about it clashing. if I had a home theater set up all in black, the white system would be kinda tacky. and an all white set up would be extremely tacky.

overall, it works much better for portable electronics.

as for returning systems on warranty....I get a warranty when possible and take advantage of loose policies with them. Price drops, new designs, DRE and red rings of death are all concerns of mine. ;)

I like the glossy and I can understand it atleast as a lot of LCD HDTV's are glossy, but you are still hard pressed to find a white TV so the white console still seems like something really stupid in my book.

[quote name='Apossum']it's the ipod's fault..
I personally like white, but you're right about it clashing. if I had a home theater set up all in black, the white system would be kinda tacky. and an all white set up would be extremely tacky. overall, it works much better for portable electronics.
as for returning systems on warranty....I get a warranty when possible and take advantage of loose policies with them. Price drops, new designs, DRE and red rings of death are all concerns of mine. ;)[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't say the ipod is making everything white. But I would say Apple did start its okay to have white electronics. IMO its a better thing cause its bringing style to electronics. Companies see colors are popular so they bring new colors to electronics. Which I think is a good thing. I get tired of seeing a whole home theater set up in charcoal grey. Dull or matte colors bring down the style of some electronics. So I'm all for the glossy colors.

[quote name='Moxio']Don't forget the newer colors are now glossy.[/QUOTE]

I updated my OP with new details.

[quote name='NoRain']I live in Brandon/Jackson.[/QUOTE]

ah i see thats cool, i live in greenville/oxford

Well if you have not noticed but you should have. In todays world people will buy anything in even if you label it "This Is Crap And You Are A Fool For Buying This" and the truth is you have people outside dancing to shitty Rap calling it HipHop, little girls no younger then two dancing like strippers to this music, more and mor Bikers, and a rise on Crime.

The truth is people like us who lived in the 80's, 90's, or even the 70's had the best years this planet could ever offer us and now that we are big we can see the fault in such devices.

70's- Wood (with hints of black)
80-'s wood & sliver (all electronics had a sliver plastic, or metal body with wooden face or top)
90's- black (plastic and black, also known as charcoal grey)
2000-sliver (mostly plastic, some big items are metal dvd, tivos etc)
2005- white & sliver (even though black is making a small comeback as new glossy black)

The above what Graystone said is kinda true. The way I see it is that we slowly moved out of the 60's era and it's Space age perfection and we had war yet again. During this time it was Korea and Vietnam. The fact is our desire in technology is ten years back and we crave what our fathers and mothers had while this time around they are trying to achieve there goals.

That goal is the jetsons Future. A crappy future where..............Wait llet me just shiut my face I just answered alot of other questions.

The fact is that we have war now and all this destruction and rise of crime. The fact this is occuring other things like how our products looks and the qaulity of our products is will be very diffrrent. So I would Blame war since the 60's freelance peace era was ended by the Korea war along with all the peeps from the WWII coming back home to take whats theres.

Right now this Middle East crap is screwing up everything okay thats the cold hard truth. I know we are going to look back at the PS3 and say that was a goffy looking systems when in truth we probably say the same thing about things from the 50's.

Life can be Bogus at times but you just gotta suck it up and give up the cause.

From what I understand, white is a very popular colour in Japan/Asia, as it's peaceful or something. And the xbox 360 had been in part, design by the Japanese to try and make it not seem so American, and well the Wii is made by Nintendo.

I would perfer they have a wide selection of colours for us to choose from. Instead of forcing a colour, it's not like it will cost 100 dollars for a new color choice.

[quote name='RegalSin2020']Well if you have not noticed but you should have. In todays world people will buy anything in even if you label it "This Is Crap And You Are A Fool For Buying This" and the truth is you have people outside dancing to shitty Rap calling it HipHop, little girls no younger then two dancing like strippers to this music, more and mor Bikers, and a rise on Crime.

The truth is people like us who lived in the 80's, 90's, or even the 70's had the best years this planet could ever offer us and now that we are big we can see the fault in such devices.

The above what Graystone said is kinda true. The way I see it is that we slowly moved out of the 60's era and it's Space age perfection and we had war yet again. During this time it was Korea and Vietnam. The fact is our desire in technology is ten years back and we crave what our fathers and mothers had while this time around they are trying to achieve there goals.

That goal is the jetsons Future. A crappy future where..............Wait llet me just shiut my face I just answered alot of other questions.

The fact is that we have war now and all this destruction and rise of crime. The fact this is occuring other things like how our products looks and the qaulity of our products is will be very diffrrent. So I would Blame war since the 60's freelance peace era was ended by the Korea war along with all the peeps from the WWII coming back home to take whats theres.

Right now this Middle East crap is screwing up everything okay thats the cold hard truth. I know we are going to look back at the PS3 and say that was a goffy looking systems when in truth we probably say the same thing about things from the 50's.

Life can be Bogus at times but you just gotta suck it up and give up the cause.[/quote]your posts never cease to amaze me.

[quote name='RegalSin2020']Well if you have not noticed but you should have. In todays world people will buy anything in even if you label it "This Is Crap And You Are A Fool For Buying This" and the truth is you have people outside dancing to shitty Rap calling it HipHop, little girls no younger then two dancing like strippers to this music, more and mor Bikers, and a rise on Crime.

Life can be Bogus at times but you just gotta suck it up and give up the cause.[/QUOTE]
Brilliant.

bread's done
Back