Why'd I lose posts?

Could someone explain the real big problem with losing some post counts? Who the hell cares? Man...

Oh, I forgot, the number of posts you make clearly is a direct reflection on your person.

[quote name='roland13x']Could someone explain the real big problem with losing some post counts? Who the hell cares? Man...

Oh, I forgot, the number of posts you make clearly is a direct reflection on your person.[/quote]

Thank you, at least someone isn't an idiot.

[quote name='pimp tyranny']now i'm really checking, i don't know why i wasn't logged on[/quote]

Same here. I did the scratch that comment.

[quote name='roland13x']Could someone explain the real big problem with losing some post counts? Who the hell cares? Man...

Oh, I forgot, the number of posts you make clearly is a direct reflection on your person.[/quote]

So I guess yours reflects that you're small-minded and have nothing to contribute?

[quote name='pimp tyranny']now i'm really checking, i don't know why i wasn't logged on[/quote]

Same here. I did the scratch that comment.

Alright, third time's the charm and I'm gone from this topic.. i don't understand why it keeps logging me out or something.

Looking at the statistics, I remember NFG had over 300 topics made, but now she's down to 241.

[quote name='CaptainObviousXl']this topic is getting bombarded with posts[/quote]

DELETE IT!!!11!

and by the way, I think defender was trying to get us to yell at him for dleting the posts

I think i read him right

[quote name='DigitalSpace']Heh. I was at 401 last night and when I logged on today, I was at 386.[/quote]

Yeah, I lost about 15 too. I can't even imagine how many DZ and SP lost. They were the crown jewels of the off-topics.

[quote name='Ledhed'][quote name='DigitalSpace']Heh. I was at 401 last night and when I logged on today, I was at 386.[/quote]

Yeah, I lost about 15 too. I can't even imagine how many DZ and SP lost. They were the crown jewels of the off-topics.[/quote]

I was 3800 last night. Look at the havoc wreaked on my count. Over 1000 posts gone. My life's (well, a few months) work, polished from the plate of life.

Jesus H. Christ Son of Mary mother of our lord Jesus. Sneaky, that is far and away your best avatar yet. Don't you dare change it.

I posted about 10 times in the OTTs. I don't think I lost too many posts at all.

EDIT- Logan, it's funny that you're more happy that other people lost posts than you are sad about losing posts yourself. :lol: I have a strange feeling that you want everyone to suffer. :wink:

I just got 100 posts on this account. Strange that if I talk about posts I get to post 100. :?

[quote name='DigitalSpace']Heh. I was at 401 last night and when I logged on today, I was at 386.[/quote]

Aren't you guys aware of how sad it sounds that before you go to bed you look at your post count? As if it is a real accomplishment or something....cmon get a life you guys.

Get over it...before I convince CheapyD to remove the post count display totally.

[quote name='defender'][quote name='DigitalSpace']Heh. I was at 401 last night and when I logged on today, I was at 386.[/quote]

Aren't you guys aware of how sad it sounds that before you go to bed you look at your post count? As if it is a real accomplishment or something....cmon get a life you guys.

Get over it...before I convince CheapyD to remove the post count display totally.[/quote]

Well, I had just realized I hit a mini-milestone, an even number. I don't really care anymore, I'll just work back up to second place.

[quote name='defender'][quote name='DigitalSpace']Heh. I was at 401 last night and when I logged on today, I was at 386.[/quote]

Get over it...before I convince CheapyD to remove the post count display totally.[/quote]

DO EEEET! DO EEEET!

Again, like I said, I really don't care, I just wanted to know why. I have my answer now.

And really, for better or for worse, coupled with your sign-up date, post count is like a little badge of honor (or shame) on the board.

[quote name='CaptainObviousXl']lol i lost none cause i dont waste my time in ott[/quote]

What does your poo smell like? Oh.. it doesn't smell. Ok.

I was actually thinking of getting rid of the post count, perhaps replacing it with some kind of karma system.

It was just 2 or 3 of those locked "off topic off topic" threads. If you lost a lot of posts, its because you posted a ton in those few threads.

Just trying to keep the database lean and mean, its nothing personal.

[quote name='skittlez jr.']I posted about 10 times in the OTTs. I don't think I lost too many posts at all.

EDIT- Logan, it's funny that you're more happy that other people lost posts than you are sad about losing posts yourself. :lol: I have a strange feeling that you want everyone to suffer. :wink:

I just got 100 posts on this account. Strange that if I talk about posts I get to post 100. :?[/quote]

I only want hoarders and DLF to suffer!! Besides you knew what I meant :p

[quote name='WhipSmartBanky']LIST DIRECTIVES...

1. SERVE THE GAMER TRUST.

2. PROTECT THE WEBSITE.

3. UPHOLD THE DATABASE.[/quote]

You forgot the 4th directive programmed in.

4. Do not sell the site to Best Buy

I guess its a good thing i didnt post much in those topics.....allthough my post count on this board isnt my highest priority.

[quote name='CaseyRyback'][quote name='WhipSmartBanky']LIST DIRECTIVES...

2. PROTECT THE WEBSITE.

4. Do not sell the site to Best Buy[/quote]

Why not? So long as he doesn't sign a no competition clause they'd have to make it more lucrative than it is now just by virtue of his becoming their employee. (I assume CheapyD has a real job besides this.) Imagine getting a decent salary and bennies for running this joint.

i've always been willing to sell out, it's just that no was looking to buy what I was selling.

I thought I had a couple dozen or so posts mysteriously go missing. Now I know.

If the post count is replaced witha karma system, how is that to be structured? We don't have clear cut transactions as they do on eBay.

checkin to see if i lost posts..

and i'd like to see the post count removed, but i'm sure some of the people here would freak out about that

Maybe we should lose the numbers but keep the Monopolists and the Statistics page legend explaining what they designate. Then add some more symbols and make the manner of their earning entirely unknown to all but CheapyD and his immediate circle.

It could be a game in of itself.

[quote name='epobirs'][quote name='CaseyRyback'][quote name='WhipSmartBanky']LIST DIRECTIVES...

2. PROTECT THE WEBSITE.

4. Do not sell the site to Best Buy[/quote]

Why not? So long as he doesn't sign a no competition clause they'd have to make it more lucrative than it is now just by virtue of his becoming their employee. (I assume CheapyD has a real job besides this.) Imagine getting a decent salary and bennies for running this joint.

i've always been willing to sell out, it's just that no was looking to buy what I was selling.[/quote]

It was in reference to something that happened before you came to this site. It is in reference to Cheapy's April Fools day joke, which came after BB dropped this site from its affiliate program

bread's done
Back