Wi-fi and Windows Vista?

thekeybladewars

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
Dear CAG's

I just bought Nintendo's Wi-Fi connector and there was a problem running the software on Windows Vista. Are they making downloadable drivers for Vista since it seems it's only compatible with Windows Xp? Or is there a way I can run the software on reccomended settings with Vista also?

Thank you,
Troubled-online-game-beginner

Why don't you just return that thing and get a wireless router to share your internet connection? It's a much more elegant solution and you don't have to have your PC on in order to have your wii connected.

[quote name='m6oo']Why don't you just return that thing and get a wireless router to share your internet connection? It's a much more elegant solution and you don't have to have your PC on in order to have your wii connected.[/QUOTE]

If walmart returns open items, we'll do that, we bought it last night like at 12am in hopes of me and her playing mario kart DS all night via wifi, but never thought about it being compatible with her damned computer. the wireless router hooks up to the computer or what?

Wal-Mart will take anything back. Most of the employees don't have ask you why but if they do, just make something up like it won't work on your computer so you want to return it.

[quote name='tiredfornow']the wireless router hooks up to the computer or what?[/QUOTE]

The wireless router goes between the cable/DSL modem and the PC. The router provides a wired connection to your PC and a WiFi connection to the wii.

If you still use dial-up internet, forget what I just said, you have to go through your PC. The router really only works for homes with broadband internet (ie. cable or DSL)

[quote name='m6oo']The wireless router goes between the cable/DSL modem and the PC. The router provides a wired connection to your PC and a WiFi connection to the wii.

If you still use dial-up internet, forget what I just said, you have to go through your PC. The router really only works for homes with broadband internet (ie. cable or DSL)[/QUOTE]

ahh I see, and same thing can work with the 360 I assume? (off topic).. lol.

bread's done
Back