Wife Gaming

My wife and I also had lots of fun playing co-op pixel junk monsters. If you like Tower Defense games at all, it's worth a try. The nice thing is that one player can pretty much do all the work if needed, but once she learns the ropes she can contribute by building and dancing as needed.

Three pages of thread, and I've yet to see anything about what she happens to be interested in. Have you tried asking her if there is any interest in any type of game? What kind of things she likes? If you have, and report here...we could probably give more informative answers. :)

Personally, the gateway drug for my wife was Resistance. She likes games "with story", happened to be walking by when I was trying the demo, and wanted to try the co-op with me. Fast forward and now she's going out and buying shooter games before I do (not as cheap as me). She's also a lot more open to playing any type of game, where there was a lot of resistance before.

Lastly, (and no idea if this is a problem), but are you making an effort to try her hobbies too? Best case scenario you're both trying each other's hobbies together. :)

EDIT: +1 for pixel junk. I own a ton of AAA games, and when folks come over it always comes back to pixeljunk. Sony has made several PS3 sales due to this, lol. Plus it's easy to get into, and has that "fun/addictive" type gameplay. Just be sure not to be too bossy, haha. (which often means saying anything)

DeathSpank if she likes silly humor. Actually, when my wife (who is a serious gamer) and I play, I'm usually Sparkles the Wizard because I prefer support characters in co-op games.

For less dialogue you could try other hack & slash games like Sacred 2, Marvel Ultimate Alliance.

PixelJunk Monsters and Shooter, Comet Crash, and Trine are also good co-op games. Monsters is the easiest one to get into and is extremely cute.

[quote name='rpatrick'] Just be sure not to be too bossy, haha. (which often means saying anything)[/QUOTE]

Not me - I micro-manage her tower placement :D

bread's done
Back