WiFi Issues with Vista

3QGojo

CAGiversary!
Feedback
8 (100%)
Hello everyone,

I didn't know where to post this and if it's in the wrong place then I'm sorry.

I bought a WiFi Max and it was working fine with my old computer running XP, but now I just got a new computer and it has Vista on it and I cannot get it to run on my new computer.

I even went to Datel's website and followed their instructions for Vista, but basically the problem is that it keeps saying the Wireless configuration is controlled by Windows Zero Conifguration. So then I looked up how to disable that and I tried to do that, but I couldn't find it running on my computer really. I didn't know if anyone else was experiencing problems as well? If so, then maybe someone can help me out?

Thanks,
3QGojo

Vista is still in the beta stages. Give it a few weeks and they'll have it be more compatible with... something.

(I'm almost sure you're SoL until Vista gets the patches for the WiFi router, this has been one of the biggest issues recently).

[quote name='tokerblue']You should buy a real wireless router and save yourself a ton of heartache.[/QUOTE]

I got that free wireless router, the La Fonera one and that one doesn't work either, unless someone else has gotten it to work with a cable modem that only has 1 ethernet port and 1 USB port?

bread's done
Back