Wii 2 pictures leaked!

[quote name='pochaccoheaven']no wonder sony is not having any problems because nintendo is bailing them out. nintendo is the stupidest company.[/QUOTE]

. . . wha?

[quote name='pochaccoheaven']that's not sensible because how would you play games like wii sports on a small screen like that.[/QUOTE]

It's not sensible, but it makes me curious on why they have a screen on the controllers.

Also would probably kill multiplayer gaming from the console depending on the costs of the controllers. I just can't see them being $50ish like controllers are now.

[quote name='whoknows']It's not sensible, but it makes me curious on why they have a screen on the controllers.

Also would probably kill multiplayer gaming from the console depending on the costs of the controllers. I just can't see them being $50ish like controllers are now.[/QUOTE]

I can come up with three reasons...

1) Local Multiplayer. Having a controller that can display information unique to the player could add interesting dynamics to a game. Crystal Chronicles did something like this...one person had a treasure map, one person had a map of where the monsters were...allowing players to work together or stab each other in the back.

2) Streaming the video to the controller so I don't have to stop playing when I go to the bathroom.

3) Touch controls. It'd just work easier if a player can see what they're touching instead of having a blank touchpad.

4.) graphically intense menus without pausing - think Borderlands

[quote name='pochaccoheaven']they could go with hd dvd. hd dvd is cheaper than blu-ray, hd dvd can hold a good amount of data and hd dvd is not a standard. since hd dvd is not a standard, it means it is harder to pirate games as components necessary to use, such as burners and readers, are limited in access to the consumers [hd dvd has been discontinued by all electronic manufacturers]. [/QUOTE]

Dude. You have just blown my mind. That is fucking genius.

[quote name='Salamando3000']I can come up with three reasons...

1) Local Multiplayer. Having a controller that can display information unique to the player could add interesting dynamics to a game. Crystal Chronicles did something like this...one person had a treasure map, one person had a map of where the monsters were...allowing players to work together or stab each other in the back.

2) Streaming the video to the controller so I don't have to stop playing when I go to the bathroom.

3) Touch controls. It'd just work easier if a player can see what they're touching instead of having a blank touchpad.[/QUOTE]

but the cost is burdensome. if you had $50 in your pocket and had a choice of either getting a controller or a game, you'd likely resort to a game because you get to play something. i myself would like to buy a second ps3 controller, but deciding on either having to spend $30-$40 for a used controller or buying 2-3 games to play, i know that the money spent on buying games is better spent than on the controller.

i would not have bought a second wii controller if wii play was not bundled with the controller.

[quote name='pochaccoheaven']
i would not have bought a second wii controller if wii play was not bundled with the controller.[/QUOTE]

Given the success of that formula, I'm sure we'll see that next generation too.

[quote name='zoobo']what's the problem?[/QUOTE]
Jamming two articles with contradictory information and a link to a third article that actually has the correct information constitutes "a bit of a mess" in my opinion.

Are you less excited about Wii now that Wii 2 is in the works? What Wii games are you excited about for the Wii this year? It seems like there is an overload of casual games on the system.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think there is a single Wii game that I'm excited for this year. That might change at E3, but as of now I don't know of any big games other than Zelda and the waggle-sword.

[quote name='kateadover']Are you less excited about Wii now that Wii 2 is in the works? What Wii games are you excited about for the Wii this year? It seems like there is an overload of casual games on the system.[/QUOTE]
Sounds like marketing and research :lol:.

Anyway the ONLY I way I will be excited for Wii again is when they release Pilotwings 64 on the fucking Virtual Console.

Until then, I will not be excited for the Wii, and I been feeling this for about close to maybe 2 years now.

[quote name='CGH']Anyone else get the feeling the cafe controller is a new nintendo portable a third pillar to ds 3ds?[/QUOTE]
You think that a company wants to market 3 handhelds at the same time? :hot:

could be the plan six inch hd touch screen overkill for controller thing has a bigger screen than ngp digital only nintendo portable?

[quote name='pete5883']You think that a company wants to market 3 handhelds at the same time? :hot:[/QUOTE]

[quote name='kateadover']Are you less excited about Wii now that Wii 2 is in the works? What Wii games are you excited about for the Wii this year? It seems like there is an overload of casual games on the system.[/QUOTE]

Im not excited about either.

I dont like nintendo as a company in general really. 1) They have no quality control, as long as they get a royalty check they will let anyone put any game on their system and they dont care. Thats why the wii market is flooded with casual games that are just basically glorified mini games. 2) The only games nintendo actually makes are the same old thing, nintendo hasnt had a original game in decades because its always another zelda game, another metroid game, another pokemon game and so on. If they arent shitting out another sequel they are re-releasing a old game in one of those franchises.

IF, I get a wii2 it will be a couple years later when nis and atlus have had some time to port over actual good games. Its the same thing Im doing with a 3ds, Ill buy one in a couple years after some actual good games are released and not just a bunch of bloatware and same old shit.

[quote name='gargus']2) The only games nintendo actually makes are the same old thing, nintendo hasnt had a original game in decades because its always another zelda game, another metroid game, another pokemon game and so on. If they arent shitting out another sequel they are re-releasing a old game in one of those franchises.[/QUOTE]

I'd argue that there hasn't been too many "original" games in the past decade. They may feature different characters and plots, but for the most part, but for the most part they are just rehashes and refinements of what came before.

bigeditembs.gif

bread's done
Back