Wii 2000 Points Card - $15 + shipping at Walmart.com

phogoodness

CAGiversary!
Feedback
7 (100%)
Update 1 12/3:
Bing CB is now 20% for Walmart, making this deal even better. Search 'LCD' and you should find it.

Walmart.com has Wii 2000 Points Card for only $15. With Bing CB at Walmart.com at 15%, this is a pretty good deal. Essentially the deal is 25% off retail for Wii points cards. ($5 cheaper than Amazon for same product)

http://www.walmart.com/Wii-Points-Card/ip/5272700

Here's my order:

4 - Wii 2000 Points Cards (8000 total) $15 x 4 = 60.00
Shipping 5.64

minus Bing CB -2.25 x 4 = -9.00

Total for $80 retail worth of points = 56.64 29 % off

Last edited by a moderator:
EDIT: Never mind, I kinda get how Bing CB works :p How risky is it?

Well, adding CA's 9.25% tax to this deal kinda kills it...

[quote name='sergioalb64']Sorry for the noob question, but how does Bing CB work? Does any credit card qualify?[/QUOTE]

Bing has nothing to do with which credit cards you use. You have to sign up for an account, go though Bing's linked page to Walmart.com and order your item. Afterwards you get an email with the amount of your cashback. This amount can be withdrawn to Paypal after a certain period of time.

Check out the link I posted for more information about Bing Cashback.
http://www.bing.com/shopping/pages/howtouse.aspx?FORM=R5FD2

[quote name='sergioalb64']EDIT: Never mind, I kinda get how Bing CB works :p How risky is it?

Well, adding CA's 9.25% tax to this deal kinda kills it...[/QUOTE]

There is no tax on Points cards, at least when ordering. Not sure if you get charged when you use points to buy stuff from Nintendo though.

[quote name='phogoodness']There is no tax on Points cards, at least when ordering. Not sure if you get charged when you use points to buy stuff from Nintendo though.[/QUOTE]
That depends. I've had to pay tax for all cards except the new ones that work like a gift card (I'm in NY). The Wii Shop channel itself doesn't charge you tax, since it works with points.

Thanks, but I only wanted one and shipping kills the deal for me.

None the less, good deal if you want more than one!

Good deal, but decided against it at the end cause this will just make me buy more Wiiware titles that I otherwsie wouldn't ever even touch and I never use my Wii anyway.

[quote name='nexes']In for 2 at $33.86 shipped with $4.50 cashback.

Thanks op.[/QUOTE]

I'm doing the same. Thanks to the OP.

[quote name='Squarehard']CAGs sell these for $14 all the time in the trade section and you don't have to wait for bing to give you your cashback.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for that... will look into it.

[quote name='nightmare452']Good deal, but decided against it at the end cause this will just make me buy more Wiiware titles that I otherwsie wouldn't ever even touch and I never use my Wii anyway.[/QUOTE]

My thoughts exactly. The only thing I can think of actually wanting is Contra Rebirth.

[quote name='MikeydCT']Is this on sale in stores too?[/QUOTE]

Most likely not. But even if they were in store, if you weren't there for them this morning, they are probably long gone by now.

I ordered this with Paypal and used Bing cashback, but received no email about it. Usually I get an email from Bing fairly quickly, like this morning when I made a Wal-Mart order and got my Bing email very shortly after getting an order email. So basically am I going to have to email them about it?

I placed a walmart order a few days ago and I have not recieved a bing email yet. The order has shipped already and I got an email for that but should I email bing about this?

[quote name='lilboo']Would Wii Points Card work on a DSi? :whistle2:s Or is that totally "Nintendo Points"?[/QUOTE]

I had the same question. On Nintendo.com's FAQ, it says that a Wii points card will work on your DSi, just that points cannot be shared between systems, but it should work.

Darn it! This is sort of a good deal (you have to buy a lot to overcome the cost of shipping though-otherwise it's not much different than full price).

Bing cashback DOES NOT WORK for me though.

My issue is...Nintendo's DRM just plan sucks. At least Microsoft and Sony have a way to move content from system to system-Nintendo you're locked in. I lost over $100 of stuff when my first Wii died.

So I'm very tempted here, but I don't know. I wish all this stuff was available for Xbox/Playstation/Steam/retail/whatever :whistle2:(

Wow, Nintendo still hasn't fixed that whole DRM issue ... that kinda seals it for me. I was going to give Wiiware a chance, especially with the 20% cash back, but not if there's a chance that that could happen.

[quote name='Wolfpup']Darn it! This is sort of a good deal (you have to buy a lot to overcome the cost of shipping though-otherwise it's not much different than full price).

Bing cashback DOES NOT WORK for me though.

My issue is...Nintendo's DRM just plan sucks. At least Microsoft and Sony have a way to move content from system to system-Nintendo you're locked in. I lost over $100 of stuff when my first Wii died.

So I'm very tempted here, but I don't know. I wish all this stuff was available for Xbox/Playstation/Steam/retail/whatever :whistle2:([/QUOTE]

Did you contact Nintendo? Their service may suck, but their customer service is top notch. People in a similar situation had their games replaced with little trouble.

[quote name='eastx']You can't move games from console to console with SD cards?[/QUOTE]

No, that would allow people to copy games and give them to all their friends or upload them online for people to download, etc.

It is kind of crappy, though, especially since you can tie your Club Nintendo account to your Wii. Fortunately as mentioned if your Wii dies and the storage isn't borked then Nintendo will be able to fix it or replace it and you'll still have everything.

Like most digital downloads, though, best to consider anything you get on VC/WiiWare a long indefinite term rental.

[quote name='jeremy']Price is back up to $19.96 --> deal is dead[/QUOTE]

It looks like $15 to me but the page says Wii Points Card (Wii) and not Nintendo 2000 Points Card $19.96

So, having never used Bing before, I am having trouble finding their link to walmart and therefore the Wii Points Card... I went to the page that shows their Cashback Stores and had no luck. o_O

[quote name='MamoruNoHakkyou']It looks like $15 to me but the page says Wii Points Card (Wii) and not Nintendo 2000 Points Card $19.96

So, having never used Bing before, I am having trouble finding their link to walmart and therefore the Wii Points Card... I went to the page that shows their Cashback Stores and had no luck. o_O[/QUOTE]

Yeah, for reasons that make no sense, Walmart's not in their list. Try this instead.

1. Go to Bing

2. Search for "wii games"

3. Near the top of the list, click on the "Walmart Holiday Deals" link

That worked for me. Good luck.

[quote name='D. Monic']Yeah, for reasons that make no sense, Walmart's not in their list. Try this instead.

1. Go to Bing

2. Search for "wii games"

3. Near the top of the list, click on the "Walmart Holiday Deals" link

That worked for me. Good luck.[/QUOTE]

I appreciate the details! I found Walmart on the right column under "Sponsored Sites". Clicking there brought me to the Walmart page and the Bing sign-in prompt appeared.

Thanks!

I bought 5 for $81.50 including shipping and then got an email from Bing for $15 back. Thanks.

[quote name='dstan']Ignore my Bing post about it not working, it just decided to show up later on today.[/QUOTE]

Same thing here. What's even better is that Walmart sent me my order with an invoice slip showing a charge of $0.00. I didn't think anything of that 3 days ago. However, on Saturday I received another shipment from Walmart with two more 2000 Wii Points cards! This time the invoice said $33.86 ($30 plus tax).

In other words, I got $80 in Wii Points for $33.86! :applause:

bread's done
Back