Wii: $250 & free shipping / no tax

[quote name='jessethegamer']Nice find, is this the lowest wii is going to get or could we expect even deeer cuts.
iy.gif

iy.gif
[/quote]

It still sells extremely well, don't expect deer cuts this hunting season :)

Dell had it for $200 recently, try searching for that thread.

it seems weird to me seeing Wiis in abundance, I was sooo happy when I got my wii 2 years ago and now I regret it, even though I only paid retail, it has lost its luster quite a bit.

[quote name='Magehart']Doesn't Newegg tax to us in California?[/quote]

Yes they are in CA so they have to charge sales tax

[quote name='fshaia']Yes they are in CA so they have to charge sales tax
transparent_pixel.gif

[/quote]

I've never be charged any... ??

[quote name='muhsheesuh']No we don't.[/QUOTE]

not anymore we don't... changed after a lot of people complained. You are however supposed to report the tax to NYS. Our new governor is a douche. What he is doing is illegal, and he collects sales tax thru a loop hole.

Now what I want to know is, if I order this thing and have it shipped to a friend in CA, will they charge me sales tax?

[quote name='blah29']not anymore we don't... changed after a lot of people complained. You are however supposed to report the tax to NYS. Our new governor is a douche. What he is doing is illegal, and he collects sales tax thru a loop hole.

Now what I want to know is, if I order this thing and have it shipped to a friend in CA, will they charge me sales tax?[/quote]

yes...since new egg charges tax in CA.

did you not read the posts above yours?

[quote name='judgedee']yes...since new egg charges tax in CA.

did you not read the posts above yours?[/quote]

His billing address won't be in California but the shipping would be which is why he's asking. Personally, I don't know myself, never tried it.

[quote name='distgfx']His billing address won't be in California but the shipping would be which is why he's asking. Personally, I don't know myself, never tried it.[/quote]

what difference does it make?

you're going to get charged tax for wherever the item is shipped to not where you are getting billed. That's why at Dell when they estimate your tax and shipping they don't need your billing address they use your shipping address to calculate the tax and shipping.

What you're describing would be a giant loophole if it actually existed. People could just sign up for a card in Oregon and avoid paying sales tax. With paperless online bill pay no one would ever have to pay sales tax.

oh come on, this is so not a deal, but allowed. that's fucking retarded. if someone would've put a topic of "brand new Wii consoles for $50," but it was on ebay, even if there were 10000+ available, it'd get moved to one of the never visited forums.

But hey, at least we get to see "Steals" like this one.

I love my Wii. Best purchase of the last 5 years. Everybody in my family gets involved. I cant pry my mom away from it sometimes.

bread's done
Back