wii as a only platform

As of now, I see the Wii U being the only "next-gen" console I buy, and as others have said, probably the last console I buy. The very few Sony and MS exclusives out there just don't interest me, and I play all the other AAA titles on PC (as well as many other great games). I'll have the PC for the majority of my gaming, Wii U for sitting on the couch playing Nintendo exclusives, 3DS XL for travel, and the PS3 for a Blu Ray player.

Of all the systems out and coming out, the Wii U lineup has the most games I'm interested in (albeit, still not very many games).

*EDIT* I forgot my biggest gripe about MS and Sony, is the lack of local multiplayer on the majority of their games. Of my whole PS3 library, I think only 2 or 3 of the games even support some form of local multiplayer. That's just unacceptable for a console. Nintendo seems to realize that people still like playing games with each other...in the same room.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='brianf408']*EDIT* I forgot my biggest gripe about MS and Sony, is the lack of local multiplayer on the majority of their games. Of my whole PS3 library, I think only 2 or 3 of the games even support some form of local multiplayer. That's just unacceptable for a console. Nintendo seems to realize that people still like playing games with each other...in the same room.[/QUOTE]
That's actually one of my favorite thing about all Nintendo platforms (at least starting with the N64) is that they've placed emphasis on local multiplayer. I think about a 1/4 of my Wii titles I have are for their local 4P multiplayer.

Right now I have been for 4 months, but that's only because I'm too lazy to plug my PS3 or Xbox 360 in and college is eating most of my gaming time.

I am a JRPG fan so I am a little disappointed in the Wii, but perhaps if it had oblivion on it things would have been different. To sell me on a Wii U they are going to have to put out more games. Also if I get a Wii U the Wii is going to have to go from my entertainment center as I am out of ports on my TV to hook up consoles. The other problem is that I am not a big fan of Mario games and Nintendo's first party stuff in general. I just really don't enjoy playing Mario games, and that is a big focus of Nintendo home consoles. I honestly think I should be focused on the 3DS right now, as it seems to have the most games I like, and there is a pokemon game coming, if there is a pokemon game coming that is all I need to know, lol! I also played the crap out of the regular DS, so I can't see why I would regret putting a lot of hours into the 3DS. I was really disappointed with the Pokemon offerings for the Wii, especially since the Gamecube had really good Pokemon games.

I have a feeling this next gen of consoles is going to be a ton of free to play and microtransaction games, and day 1 DLC, all things I am not interested in supporting. I am not intending to buy a new console for another 3-5 years at least so I will see what happens before I invest any more money into gaming.

bread's done
Back