Wii at Best Buy - YMMV

tenchi

CAGiversary!
I went to Best Buy today and lo and behold, they had several Wii's on the shelf. The guy working there said they got six in today and that most stores got anything from 5-10. There was one left on the shelf after I picked up mine.

EDIT: Sorry I forgot to include my location in my original post. I bought the wii at the Best Buy in State College, PA.

we already have a wii....but i am tempted to buy one and just sell it, because it's the american way!

[quote name='strongpimphand']we already have a wii....but i am tempted to buy one and just sell it, because it's the american way![/quote]

:roll:

[quote name='strongpimphand']we already have a wii....but i am tempted to buy one and just sell it, because it's the american way![/quote]

I would say go and buy one and try selling it now and your going to be stuck with it unless you sell it for retail.

Finding a Wii at any retail store is still YMMV but they have been showing up more often since the new year rolled in.

I have seen them at these stores:

Bestbuy
Target
Eb/Gamestop
Walmart

So there is no need especially now to pay hoarder prices when just a little effort can snag you one. My friend at Gamestop told me they calls on them have slowed and they get them in randomly with shipments. The day I was in there they had 6 sitting since store open and that was around 2pm that day.

[quote name='Ubiiquitous']So.........what is the "deal" exactly? I assume there is a deal, since this is the "Video Game Deals" board, and all.....[/quote]

not really a deal but just the fact that they have em in stock. but xmas is over, i doubt those crazy dads and angry moms are still tryin to find one for valentines day :whistle2:#

[quote name='Derrick1979']I would say go and buy one and try selling it now and your going to be stuck with it unless you sell it for retail.

Finding a Wii at any retail store is still YMMV but they have been showing up more often since the new year rolled in.

I have seen them at these stores:

Bestbuy
Target
Eb/Gamestop
Walmart

So there is no need especially now to pay hoarder prices when just a little effort can snag you one. My friend at Gamestop told me they calls on them have slowed and they get them in randomly with shipments. The day I was in there they had 6 sitting since store open and that was around 2pm that day.[/quote]

Wiis made $90+ profit each last week. This week it looks like they are down to $60+.
Definitely still worth a walk into Best Buy on a lunch break for me:D

[quote name='Derrick1979']

So there is no need especially now to pay hoarder prices when just a little effort can snag you one. My friend at Gamestop told me they calls on them have slowed and they get them in randomly with shipments. The day I was in there they had 6 sitting since store open and that was around 2pm that day.[/quote]

Maybe they are easy to find in Wisconsin but they still fetch $400+ on eBay and I haven't see a "wii in the wild" since spring '07.

I think Wii shipments were made yesterday because I've seen several reports online of various stores getting them in today.

Guys, I know someone who works at Best Buy. Aside from systems that Nintendo has them reserve for Sunday sales, they get lots of Wiis at random times that they put out on the shelf. You don't see them that often because they tend to sell very quickly--my BB contact says that before Christmas they had ~100 people per hour come in asking for Wiis (obviously it's lower now). So the fact that you saw some in a store just means you got lucky, not that every Best Buy is going to suddenly start having Wiis.

bread's done
Back