Wii Blaster coming May 1; Pre-order at Gamestop

Simpsons and Independence Day references. Nice.

Imagine a light gun game.
There would be a little more lag than with a traditional light gun wouldn't there?
The Wiimote moves pretty fast, but not 100%.

With this I would like to shoot streams of lasers, much like the Ghostbusters used.
Or water from a fire hose.

ive been waiting for it since i saw it way back when. the only question now is, what game is coming out to warrant the release of it?

Are any light gun games that will be out by then?

EDIT:
Picture from GoNintendo, not sure if its the same or not. This one is from Joytech

orig_131_Wii_Sharp_Shooter.jpg

That's what I'm talking about.

Now give me all three house of the dead games in arcade perfect condition w/ extras and everything will be fine.

umm... it doesn't say that it's the nintendo one... it doesn't list any company.

this could be a crappy third party ripoff trying to get antsy people to buy despite the fact that there isn't a game that really warrants it.

BTW, maybe this is for Resident Evil Umbrella since that game is on rails? Maybe there is a limited edition RE Wiimote gun adapter too?

IF RE:UC is a lightgun game then I may be interested.

Surprised no one's thought about it being used for the RE4 Wii-make.

If that sucker has the PS2 bonuses, with real-time cutscenes, I'm sold. Esp. since it's going to be $30.

I want all 4 of them.

[quote name='Scrubking']That's what I'm talking about.

Now give me all three house of the dead games in arcade perfect condition w/ extras and everything will be fine.[/quote]

[quote name='Scrubking']
wiisharpshooterbdb4.jpg

Mock up I made. I forgot the B button, but you get the idea.[/quote]

If that image is legitimate, the layout of everything looks great. I won't be getting it until there's a game needing it, though.

[quote name='MarioColbert']If that image is legitimate, the layout of everything looks great. I won't be getting it until there's a game needing it, though.[/QUOTE]

We could play "I pistol whip you in the face" with it, as payback for some of that bitch shit from the other night.

Yo, you was Falcon, I was Roy. You done kicked ME in them nuts. Are you still bitter that you gots the everloving shit kicked out of you by the hammer top thrown at you eight times in a row? You know you can BLOCK with L and R buttons, right? I know that going from 0% to flying off the stage going "what the hell just happened" can hurt your feelings and whatnot, but you more than made up for it fucking me up with Fox on the G&W Stage. Asshole.

I'll pistolwhip you in the penis.

Yeah, whatever, hammerhead EIGHT TIMES IN A ROW. I believe the words our of your mouth were "Oh you caught it... Oh and then you threw it at me like eight times. This is bullshit."

I just play those back in my head and smile.

[quote name='MarioColbert']Yeah, whatever, hammerhead EIGHT TIMES IN A ROW. I believe the words our of your mouth were "Oh you caught it... Oh and then you threw it at me like eight times. This is bullshit."

I just play those back in my head and smile.[/QUOTE]

YEAH.

But who has a picture that shows the one glorious moment of triumph I had?

ME.

NOT YOU.

Not to mention I think it was you who has paused the game anyway, which is like salty insult to juicy injury.

Mark my words, Captain Falcon is about to become more lethal, despite his pink costume and flamboyant actions.

Thanks for not mentioning that the pause was due to my wife calling me. There is something inherently sad about saying "hi honey... nothing, just playing a game" while watching your character (who is holding a flower, mind you) getting his manberries stomped by the gayest male in the game.

This isn't related to a Wii Blaster. Although I guess the news of the blaster coming kick some serious nuts.

Well isn't the Wii Blaster the name Nintendo was calling their peripheral. I would assume that they trademarked the name, before they went around calling it that. Then again, Nintendo is one to make a lot of fanfare whenever they release something.

[quote name='dallow']Imagine a light gun game.
There would be a little more lag than with a traditional light gun wouldn't there?
The Wiimote moves pretty fast, but not 100%.
[/QUOTE]

Is that a real technical limitation, or is it a matter of sensitivity settings? If they can do duck hunt, they can do pretty much whatever, I'd think?

WTF this has been delayed so many times. and i have tried preordering and no gs will let me!!! and you know how much they love preorders. it says it ships tomorrow but man wtfreak they said that last week and i had to cry my way home again GS GIVE ME MY MF'IN GUN!!!!

Do yourself a favor and wait until after E3 to see if Nintendo announces the official light gun for the Wii. If they don't then buy this one - though I wouldn't recommend it.

i was holding out on playing re4 until i got one but i just caved. i guess i can wait, probly will be a while until i get the mercinaries unlocked :) now i reallly want the gun for that

[quote name='monkeydeew']i was holding out on playing re4 until i got one but i just caved. i guess i can wait, probly will be a while until i get the mercinaries unlocked :) now i reallly want the gun for that[/QUOTE]

Umm, this won't work well with RE4.

i'm still holding out until a gun looks really good. and i'd also prefer it if it came free with a game. or if even it was sold specifically for a certain game.
the biggest thing that these guns need to get right is the trigger. and so far i haven't seen a good trigger. and even though the one shown at e3 06 wasn't official, i'm assuming that nintnendo will at least come out with something similar to it at some point.

[quote name='monkeydeew']why wont it work for re4? the nunhcuck doesnt have motion control[/QUOTE]

I said it wouldn't work well with RE4. Imagine having to move with nunchuck and pointing the thing. And why wouldn't the nunchuck have motion control?

[quote name='monkeydeew']you cant move when you are shooting...[/quote]

something that I still lose sleep over to this very day

[quote name='monkeydeew']you cant move when you are shooting...[/QUOTE]

I know that, do you even have the game? The blaster would be better for games that don't require you to move.

Strell, real men play Doctor Mario. Gay men, straight men, it doesn't matter. They're real men.

The eight hammerheads were merely the game's way of quickening the process of you losing at the character select screen for accidently picking the Captain.

[quote name='KaiserWAVE']Amazon Germany has this item listed

31j8hAw%2Br3L._SS500_.jpg

I think it looks pretty neat compared to the Wii Blaster. It's 19,99€ which is about the same price ($5 more) as the the Blaster.

http://www.amazon.de/Wii-Pistole-Sh...699461-4128257?ie=UTF8&qid=1183701712&sr=8-11[/QUOTE]

That gun looks pretty bad ass... but does it remap the buttons or just use mechanical means to trigger the B button?

I don't think a Wii gun is worth buying unless it remaps the buttons to ones already built into the gun. Of course a guncon 3 like peripheral is what we really need. Especially the extra sensor bar so we can shoot without cursors.

[quote name='RollingSkull']Strell, real men play Doctor Mario. Gay men, straight men, it doesn't matter. They're real men.

The eight hammerheads were merely the game's way of quickening the process of you losing at the character select screen for accidently picking the Captain.[/QUOTE]

Real men also do not hide behind their computer screens and keyboards, typing up vicious attempts to hide their fear.

I see no inclusion in your post of the following, where I refers to you:
  • I will get Brawl
  • Upon getting it I will have an internets connection
  • I will give you my friend code (or whatever stupid system is in place)
  • We will play
  • I will lose

These omissions are egregious and well noted, especially because I put little bullets next to them, each aimed at various vital parts of your digital avatars and poised to delivery my unquestionable victory.

I'd throw down the gauntlet further, or perhaps again, but I'm too busy slapping you in the face with it.

BRING IT OOOOOOOOOOONNNNNNNN

You shall find my balls a much more difficult target for your boot than your previous opponent, whereas I shall not need to bounce a hammerhead off your skull repeatedly to send you flying into oblivion. The RS Special Brand of Beatdown shall render you duly shamed.

I would also threaten your Schleimann Tank, but I have no doubt that you have invested the countless hours it would take to forge 50 or so Miracle Swords.

EDIT: Also, on topic, does this Wii Gun give you bonus points if you shout "OMG LAZAR PEWPEWPEWPEWPEWPEWPEWPEW" while using it?

I ask you to look at that picture with stone cold realization that the ninja was offering me a flower, and look - gaze! - at the results.

Now imagine what happened when he took that sword and used it like a feather duster near me.

I can assure you another star was added to the background shortly thereafter.

Is this the thread for crazy people to discuss being crazy?

Oh, on topic, it doesn't appear that any of these gun shells will work with RE4, since you need to hold B to aim and press A to fire. Plus the Wii Blaster is ugly as sin.

bread's done
Back