Wii Bundle Available Online Now (OOS 1/2 hour later!)

the 5 games they bundle with it aren't anything to write home about but if you are looking for a wii bundle without having to fight off the lines it's an opportunity. They charge about 20 bucks shipping in addition to the tax though so you are probably looking at about $500.

Still in stock right now though just wanted to give all u guys a heads up

Oh Man Oh Man!

Lemme get this straight you get both Ben 10 and Fishing?!?

Stay calm... must get out all of my credit cards...

This is really assholish of TRU. They could have at least bundled in some decent games. I don't get the point...do they enjoy making people buy crappy games because they want a Wii?

[quote name='kamala619']u could always return the games to walmart with no receipt and probably get back a hundred bucks or so[/quote]
And this isn't fraud because?

Wow, and despite being packed with 5 crappy games it has now sold out in the 1/2 hour since the OP posted it.

I guess the Wii really is the hot item this Christmas. It seems to be even hotter than last Christmas... amazing.

[quote name='io']Wow, and despite being packed with 5 crappy games it has now sold out in the 1/2 hour since the OP posted it.

I guess the Wii really is the hot item this Christmas. It seems to be even hotter than last Christmas... amazing.[/quote]
Well, a lot of people likely figure that they'll end up paying $450-500 for just a Wii on eBay or Craigslist. The five crappy games are a bonus in that case. Also remember that many of the people buying these are probably parents who aren't gamers, so they may not know that the games are crappy.

[quote name='io']Wow, and despite being packed with 5 crappy games it has now sold out in the 1/2 hour since the OP posted it.

I guess the Wii really is the hot item this Christmas. It seems to be even hotter than last Christmas... amazing.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I think the difference is last year everyone wanted it based on how cool they heard it was, but it was still an unknown for a lot of people. (plus, based on demand, I bet a lot of parents said "No way can I get you one this year, but you'll get one next Christmas")

Now in the past year kids have actually seen one, probably played Wii Sports (This generation's Tetris), and have experience with it, so you have all of last year's hype, combined with a pretty good lineup of games... so in a way the hype machine fed on itself and exploded.

Here's a great deal available at Toys R Us

check out that site for more details. You can even get up to an additional $30 off - check it out ull see.

Im still a big fan of eBay though.... Right now there are over 15,000 Wii Consoles available on eBay!!!!!
Im using eBaySweep(dot)com to find the best deals (filtered and cleaned up searches) and I see that a consoles about to sell for $390!!!!!!! oh and shipping for the item is only $24.99!!!

[quote name='Richkid']How about whoever wants to spend $400 on a Wii message me right now? I still have some left.[/quote]

how about u kiss our asses for trying to scalp a wii for $150 over MSRP.

but yeah this TRU deal is good to avoid scalpers like that jackass gaining profit

and u

[quote name='kingofkingsxxl']Here's a great deal available at Toys R Us

check out that site for more details. You can even get up to an additional $30 off - check it out ull see.

Im still a big fan of eBay though.... Right now there are over 15,000 Wii Consoles available on eBay!!!!!
Im using eBaySweep(dot)com to find the best deals (filtered and cleaned up searches) and I see that a consoles about to sell for $390!!!!!!! oh and shipping for the item is only $24.99!!![/quote]

stop spamming MODS ban him, its getting annoying

[quote name='Unickuta']This is really assholish of TRU. They could have at least bundled in some decent games. I don't get the point...do they enjoy making people buy crappy games because they want a Wii?[/QUOTE]

of course they enjoy it. They make more money selling a game then they do selling a wii console.

Depending on the game retailers make about 6-12dollars per game.
So by bundling crappy games that they normally cant/wont sell a lot of by themselfs they are making a nice profit off each of these bundles.

IMO a "bundle" is made to SAVE the consumer a little bit of money.
But all the console bundles (at all retailers) simply just add in games/accessories with no savings to the consumer.

wow, thats really sleazy of them to bundle all those crap games in order to profit another 150$ off the wii shortage

The people who are buying these are parents with kids that will actually enjoy these games. It's in no way a bundle any hardcore game would purchase but those are all great games for the market they're selling to. TRU knows this and as sleazy as it might be they are afterall a business in it to make money.

I got my Wii from TRU last year just before Christmas with a similar bundled games deal. I think mine was three games and a controller glove.

I took the glove, and most of the games (I kept Zelda) back to a local TRU and they were able to give me store credit in the form of a gift card. I used that to buy the games we actually wanted.

No guarantees that trick would work now for others, but if you were planning on getting a Wii and X number of games anyway, and a bundle comes along with the "wrong" games, perhaps one could do a similar switch.

bread's done
Back