Wii: Component cable necessary?

harunim

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
Hello

I am literally hours away from getting the Wii!

One question though, how better is it to use the component cable??

I have HDTV and all but since Wii does only 480P, is this necessary?

Any cheap deals??

I see monoprice is selling one for ~$10 shippeD

[quote name='harunim']Hello

I am literally hours away from getting the Wii!

One question though, how better is it to use the component cable??
[/quote] From my subjective viewing, component cables give sharper picture than the default composite.

To me sharper picture means clearer color separation and more legible text amongst other improvements.

There should be plenty of places both here and other the 'Net giving opinions about Wii component cables.

I have HDTV and all but since Wii does only 480P, is this necessary?

Any cheap deals??

I see monoprice is selling one for ~$10 shippeD
Necessary? In the strict sense, the default composite video cable included is necessary. If you value video quality then component cables are good to have.

Monoprice usually has good prices on these. I bought my component cables there and am satisfied with the purchased product.

Then, depending on the size of your HD set, be prepared to step back a few feet to mask the jaggies the added clarity is going to buy you.

You can have fun either way.

Maybe you should NOT get them and play and have fun with the Wii without them - then if you are interested, and you feel like it might be a nice upgrade, get them later. You'll be able to see what a difference they really make ... You'll probably appreciate them more that way.

Metroid prime 3 had TONS of details that I just didn't even know were there at all without the cables. Little bubbles coming from cracks and rotating semi transparent spheres and bugs and just all sorts of stuff. The extra details and improved graphics add a lot to the immersion.

Amazon has a bunch of them from many manufacturers including many in their marketplace from other vendors.
http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_ss_v...deogames&field-keywords=wii+component&x=0&y=0

My TV + Wii + cables = the video flickers on video's. LAME. I guess Sony TV's don't get along with Nintendo Wii's.

Honestly though, the difference is slight. 480i to 480p is minimal.

bread's done
Back