Wii Component Cables in store at BB B&M!!!!

Skylander7

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
I know, they weren't supposed to arrive until 12/13. However.. I just snagged some! They had both the Psyclone for $59.99 and the React for $24.99. I couldn't believe the shit myself..

The Montgomery store had 4 of the Psyclone, and 2 of the React. As an even sweeter surprise.. they're 8' long.

[quote name='6669']My BB wont get them till Jan.[/QUOTE]

I'd say still check... I got a friend of mine that works there to see when the third party cables were to arrive, and the system displayed "12/13." For once, Best Buy and their shitty inventory system worked to my advantage :)

[quote name='Skylander7']I'd say still check... I got a friend of mine that works there to see when the third party cables were to arrive, and the system displayed "12/13." For once, Best Buy and their shitty inventory system worked to my advantage :)[/QUOTE]
teah, their system said Jan 07 sometime. They are not expecting them at all this year.

I saw them today at BB in Vallejo CA.... 1 Psyclone left and a few React... didn't need one though, my NOA components came in today.. or else I would have probably gone for those cheapass Reacts....
go check out your neighborhood BB.... I was surpirsed to find them too...

I don't know... I think I can get one during Xmas break but do I really want composite graphics.:whistle2:k

Nah... I didn't pay extra for this display just to play using composite.

King of Prussia has a bunch of Psyclone, but no React this afternoon.

Tonight I was down by Concord Mall, so I decided to stop in there and at least reduce the cost a bit by getting them without tax. They didn't have any Psyclones, BUT they had React. $24 beats $60 in my book any day!

If I could find one I'd be all over it with my ggc in hand.

btw can someone who is lucky enough review or at least give some impressions on the react ones?

Thanks

At two of the BB's in Indy, they had the $60 ones, plenty of them in Greenwood. I'll wait to get the Nintendo one for half the price. $60 for cables is too much for this CAG.

RD

[quote name='AzN_BaLLeR']Hmm.. Is the Psyclone or React better than the NOA ones?[/QUOTE]

Honestly, they are all pretty much equal in my book...You can't go wrong with any of them...Unless you buy into the myth that monster cables are superior to every other cable available...I think it's a crock of shit personally...

Oh thank GOD. For a second I thought you meant the Official Nintendo ones, because I literally, LITERALLY not more than one minute ago, clicked to finalize my order from Nintendo.com to get the official ones, an extra white case, and also two new wrist straps.

Thank god its only third party, whew.

[quote name='dserafin1986']Honestly, they are all pretty much equal in my book...You can't go wrong with any of them...Unless you buy into the myth that monster cables are superior to every other cable available...I think it's a crock of shit personally...[/QUOTE]

They are pretty much equal.. actually.. I give the Psyclone's a slight edge over the rest of them.

However.. you get the instant gratification of having them now and not waiting for Nintendo to ship the damned thing, as well as using the GGC, the coupons floating around, or RZ certs. I only paid $12 total for mine last night after using a gift card I got with the Canon digital camera I bought the g/f for Xmas.

Jesus tapdancing Christ.. it looks so much better on my DLP now. Finally going to open Zelda this morning :)

[quote name='Skylander7']I know, they weren't supposed to arrive until 12/13. However.. I just snagged some! They had both the Psyclone for $59.99 and the React for $24.99. I couldn't believe the shit myself..

The Montgomery store had 4 of the Psyclone, and 2 of the React. As an even sweeter surprise.. they're 8' long.[/quote]

I just got my NOA Wii Component cables yesterday - they are 8' long as well which really surprised me. The quality of the Nintendo cables is impressive as well.

[quote name='Skylander7']They are pretty much equal.. actually.. I give the Psyclone's a slight edge over the rest of them.[/quote]

Man, we need to kill this cable quality stuff right now. There will be no difference for like 95% of you to get whatever you can get your hands on. Unless the cables are just wired wrong or fall apart in your hands, they will be excellent, no matter what brand you buy.

People brag about gold plated this and that, but the corrosion isn't a short term thing, we're talking 3-4 years easy, and at that rate, the cost difference between gold and not gold, you'd probably be able to buy a second set of the cheap ones and still be cheaper than the premiums, if it's that big a deal to you.

Also, sheilding on cables this short doesn't matter. Seriously, don't shell out for those $60 Psyclones when you can get anything else. If you were running the cables 30-40 feet, MAYBE it might matter, but if it's just hooking up right next to your HD set, don't worry about it.

ANYONE peddling the angle of home theater snob is wrong. They just have a deep wallet and penis envy. I've never seen anything to the contrary that less expensive cables run at short lengths can't do that these "premium cables" can. Unless your TV is stored next to your microwave and the Wii is stationed 50-60 feet away, you have next to nothing to worry about.

[quote name='ajservo1']Man, we need to kill this cable quality stuff right now. There will be no difference for like 95% of you to get whatever you can get your hands on. Unless the cables are just wired wrong or fall apart in your hands, they will be excellent, no matter what brand you buy.

People brag about gold plated this and that, but the corrosion isn't a short term thing, we're talking 3-4 years easy, and at that rate, the cost difference between gold and not gold, you'd probably be able to buy a second set of the cheap ones and still be cheaper than the premiums, if it's that big a deal to you.

Also, sheilding on cables this short doesn't matter. Seriously, don't shell out for those $60 Psyclones when you can get anything else. If you were running the cables 30-40 feet, MAYBE it might matter, but if it's just hooking up right next to your HD set, don't worry about it.

ANYONE peddling the angle of home theater snob is wrong. They just have a deep wallet and penis envy. I've never seen anything to the contrary that less expensive cables run at short lengths can't do that these "premium cables" can. Unless your TV is stored next to your microwave and the Wii is stationed 50-60 feet away, you have next to nothing to worry about.[/QUOTE]

Jesus tapdancing christ.. I intended that by the length of the cable, and nothing more. The AVSForum-esque dick measuring contest in the other component cable thread was getting on my nerves.

Honestly, I don't think the Psyclone's are worth it. All the extra 30 bucks will buy with them is an extra 4 feet.

Now that I think of it.. isn't it an odd coincidence that the Psyclones and the React cables show up at the same time in the store? As much of a fuss as the component cables has caused, I doubt two separate companies would add their product to BB's supply chain at EXACTLY the same time. It makes me believe that BB was holding them for 12/13 for a specific reason.. but what would that be?

I bought the Psyclone component cables today at Circuit City. If I had my choice I would have gotten 1st party ones, but I would have to order today, wait and pray they got to my door asap. On ebay they are still going for almost that much after shipping costs, so I swallowed hard and handed over my credit card.

[quote name='ajservo1']Man, we need to kill this cable quality stuff right now. There will be no difference for like 95% of you to get whatever you can get your hands on. Unless the cables are just wired wrong or fall apart in your hands, they will be excellent, no matter what brand you buy.

ANYONE peddling the angle of home theater snob is wrong. They just have a deep wallet and penis envy. I've never seen anything to the contrary that less expensive cables run at short lengths can't do that these "premium cables" can. Unless your TV is stored next to your microwave and the Wii is stationed 50-60 feet away, you have next to nothing to worry about.[/QUOTE]

Speak it brotha. I'm surprised at how many CAGs are purchasing these things. $60 for a fucking cable? Hell no.

Thanks OP!
I went out this morning after reading this and snagged the very last one at BB. Anyways since my new HDTV only had one component input (2HDMI; useless so far) I had to snag a super snazzy system selector that covered Optical in/out and components and the like. I grabbed the one pictured here for like 100$ plus another 100$ in dam cables for it. But over all I am very impressed.
IMG_1053.jpg

IMG_1052.jpg

Edit: Can someone remind me how to make thumbnail pics.

I got the official Nintendo component cables, and noticed that the picture had a slight green tint to it, most noticable in shades of gray. I'm using a system selector and thought it was causing quality loss, until I messed around with cables a bit.

I took the free component cables that came with the system selector and replaced them with gold plated higher quality ones, and the color is now perfectly accurate. It's also worth mentioning that the Nintendo component cables from nintendo.com are gold as well.

Edit: a bit off-topic but, if anyone needs a good component cable system selector, I got mine at TRU for $19.99.

Is anyone else having problems with the React component cables?

I picked up a set tonight and plugged them directly into my TV. When I changed the resolution to 480p, I started noticing that I had rainbow colored waves show up on the screen when I would select something out of the menu.

The colors overall, were also really off. Almost seemed black and white when I would go back to the Wii main menu.

I was sure to make sure I plugged it in the right order in my component inputs, still had problems.

Anyone know what it might be?

Been playing every once in a while with my Wii using the React component cables today. Not noticing anything out of the ordinary and it looks great.

[quote name='Skylander7']Now that I think of it.. isn't it an odd coincidence that the Psyclones and the React cables show up at the same time in the store? As much of a fuss as the component cables has caused, I doubt two separate companies would add their product to BB's supply chain at EXACTLY the same time. It makes me believe that BB was holding them for 12/13 for a specific reason.. but what would that be?[/quote]

It's much more likely that somewhere down the line the two cables are distributed by the same company. In fact, they're probably the same cable. You price one low to get the deal hunters, and one high to get the delusional 'quality' OCDers, and rake in the dough on your $5 cables.

Nice setup Brevity. I just bought a Samsung 32 inch LCD HDTV and need one of those switch boxes. What brand is that one you have? I can almost see the name but not quite. There is no loss of quality in the signal with this box is there?

[quote name='addicted2games']Nice setup Brevity. I just bought a Samsung 32 inch LCD HDTV and need one of those switch boxes. What brand is that one you have? I can almost see the name but not quite. There is no loss of quality in the signal with this box is there?[/QUOTE]
Psyclone, I played Gears with it and Zelda:TP and have not noted any diffrence. To tell you the truth I am very happy so far.

My React cables seem to be ok too.

[quote name='BREVITY']Psyclone, I played Gears with it and Zelda:TP and have not noted any diffrence. To tell you the truth I am very happy so far.

My React cables seem to be ok too.[/QUOTE]
Thanks, will look into getting this box.

anyone else want to chime in on the React cables?

I finally fixed my problem with them and have my Wii connected via Component.

I noticed with Zelda with a lot of the closeup shots looked terrific, but when the camera would pan out (for example, dismounting Epona), it would look ok. It looked a little jagged.

Anyone else have that problem?

[quote name='Dezuria']I got the official Nintendo component cables, and noticed that the picture had a slight green tint to it, most noticable in shades of gray. I'm using a system selector and thought it was causing quality loss, until I messed around with cables a bit.

I took the free component cables that came with the system selector and replaced them with gold plated higher quality ones, and the color is now perfectly accurate. It's also worth mentioning that the Nintendo component cables from nintendo.com are gold as well.

Edit: a bit off-topic but, if anyone needs a good component cable system selector, I got mine at TRU for $19.99.[/QUOTE]

what brand did you get form TRU? I have the Pelican one for $19 from BB.

Can anyon tell me how long the ends of the wires are for the various brands when they split up into 5 RCAs at the end? I connect the video and the audio ones to different spots on my receiver so I need some slack. I've been using the Psyclone ones and they work great, I'm curious if there's a cheaper alternative.

[quote name='cleaver']Can anyon tell me how long the ends of the wires are for the various brands when they split up into 5 RCAs at the end? I connect the video and the audio ones to different spots on my receiver so I need some slack. I've been using the Psyclone ones and they work great, I'm curious if there's a cheaper alternative.[/QUOTE]
Not the official Nintendo ones. They are worthless to me because your audio and video can only be like a foot apart. Now I need to figure out where I can return them

bread's done
Back