Wii Component cables

freshzen

CAGiversary!
Feedback
48 (100%)
I just got a Sony Wega from my folks, one hell of a nice $200 tv. Anyway, I kind of want to get some cheap component cables for it. I saw a set of them at EB today for $29.99, but I'd pay $10-15 at the most.

I don't know much about this sort of thing but my TV is setup for 480i, not 480p. Is there any difference or should I get a different cable?

[quote name='freshzen']I don't know much about this sort of thing but my TV is setup for 480i, not 480p. Is there any difference or should I get a different cable?[/quote]

Sorry but if its 480i thats standard def meaning no 480p:cry: but at least you can get svideo to clean it up a little if you want to, BTW I am looking for a cheap svid cable any at B&Ms besides GS?

I have a brand new set of 3rd party (Dragon) wii component cables for $10 shipped. PM me if you are interested.

[quote name='MrX']Sorry but if its 480i thats standard def meaning no 480p:cry: but at least you can get svideo to clean it up a little if you want to, BTW I am looking for a cheap svid cable any at B&Ms besides GS?[/QUOTE]

He can still use component if his TV has the inputs... which I'm guessing it does. He just wont a 480 progressive pic. It will still look a lot better than the regular composite cable that come with the system.

[quote name='XboxHardcore.com']He can still use component if his TV has the inputs... which I'm guessing it does. He just wont a 480 progressive pic. It will still look a lot better than the regular composite cable that come with the system.[/quote]

He can but it wont make a diff because that is how I ran mine and could not see any diff since the tv may think the signal is hi def it will try and clean it up a bit but to the naked eye you will not be able to tell

I used component cables on a 480i TV before and it greatly improves the picture. It'll look much cleaner and sharper.

If got a set from some place using GCO for $2.84 shipped! Lemme see if I can find the thread that led me to the place..

here it is. It took them forever and a day to ship them but they work great and you can't beat the price.

[quote name='MrX']He can but it wont make a diff because that is how I ran mine and could not see any diff since the tv may think the signal is hi def it will try and clean it up a bit but to the naked eye you will not be able to tell[/QUOTE]

No, the TV doesn't think it's high-def. The picture looks better with component cables, even not in HD, because component is a superior connection than s-video.

If you can't tell the difference between s-video and component on your TV, even if it's standard def, there's two possibilities.

1. Your TV sucks.
2. Your eyes suck.

[quote name='JasonTerminator']No, the TV doesn't think it's high-def. The picture looks better with component cables, even not in HD, because component is a superior connection than s-video.

If you can't tell the difference between s-video and component on your TV, even if it's standard def, there's two possibilities.

1. Your TV sucks.
2. Your eyes suck.[/quote]
Well my old tv does suck it about 3 yrs old and is a faux flat screen and yes my eyes do suck unless I am looking at my big screen. My eyes have just gotten too lazy....

bread's done
Back