Wii Console - $199 after rebate (Only 4 Hours Left)

Avoid! Avoid! Avoid! Ecost is one of the worst online retailers and they never ship you what you ordered. Check reseller ratings if you want further information.

Think link to the rebate form is down, not a good sign. Good deal if it goes through, though. Shipping is about $15 for the zipcodes I checked, btw.

Lol at one of the reviews:
"[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]I purchased a camcorder on April 4th on one of their "Bargain Countdowns" only to find out that the sale price was higher than the everyday price."[/FONT]

[quote name='terra-kun']Can you really believe reseller ratings? They gave buy.com a 3/10 and I have never had a single problem with them.[/quote]

This.

My problem with reseller ratings is that people aren't going to go on the internet to rave about how an online retailer didn't screw them over. People expect to have a successful transaction, when they do they go on their merry way. It's when they don't that they get pissed off and feel the need to tell the world.

For those weary of eCost, the next best deal I've seen is $210 - $215 on Amazon Warehouse. Free shipping, no tax, no rebates. Sometimes the condition on the open-box Wiis seems sketch (scuffs on console, etc), but they also seem to have a regular offering of 'mint' ones (minor box damage, console mint). 30 day return policy to boot. Not a bad deal.

[quote name='Cheadyp']Lol at one of the reviews:
"[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]I purchased a camcorder on April 4th on one of their "Bargain Countdowns" only to find out that the sale price was higher than the everyday price."[/FONT][/quote]

[quote name='PvtChurch']This.

My problem with reseller ratings is that people aren't going to go on the internet to rave about how an online retailer didn't screw them over. People expect to have a successful transaction, when they do they go on their merry way. It's when they don't that they get pissed off and feel the need to tell the world.[/quote]

Indeed. 100%. Reseller Ratings are somewhat useless, because almost all people who have a positive experience won't bother. The best example I have? Dell has a lifetime rating of 4.05. Sorry, but whether or not you like Dell, they are an extremely, extremely, extremely successful business, and I find it hard to believe that their service is that awful all the time. Now, the customer service isn't exactly world-beating, but most companies don't have the greatest CSRs. Nonetheless, Dell sells fine products, they arrive time, and they generally fix their mistakes. And yet, they have an awful rating? And this is because almost every person who orders a laptop and has no problems won't go looking for a site to vent on. But if they do have a problem, they find Reseller Ratings.

i haven't had a problem ordering from ecost, but have no experience with their rebates
but it looks like it comes out to $275 shipped, so there is some risk in overpaying if the rebate fails

[quote name='iiinightmar3ii']Avoid! Avoid! Avoid! Ecost is one of the worst online retailers and they never ship you what you ordered. Check reseller ratings if you want further information.
iy.gif
[/quote]
Totally agree they are not a good retailer, You can't trust them with rebates, Might never receive the rebate, You are better off just paying retail.

Ditto the comments on reseller ratings. I've bought plenty from buy.com and have never had any problems. They ship what they say they are going to and they seem to ship pretty fast. If buy.com has a good price on something I want, I won't hesitate to buy from them. Yet they have such a low rating most/all places. It doesn't correlate.

This says nothing about ecost, though, which I have never dealt with before - maybe they do suck. I don't know. And rebates do suck, but I've not really had a problem with them anywhere that was the sellers/rebaters fault. Usually the problem I have had is I never quite get around to mailing it out, or more likely, I lose/accidentally throw out the information I need to include. Which is all part of the rebate plan, of course - they get only a percentage of people who actually successfully send in the rebates.

bread's done
Back