Wii Controller Insanity

ma

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
So I have an entire drawer in my entertainment center devoted to controllers for my Wii. Right now I have:
2 x Wiimotes
2 x nunchuck
1 x classic controller
3 x Waverbird
1 x Gamecube controller
1 x Hori Gameboy player pad
4 x DK bongos (these don't fit in the drawer)

I need/want the following:
2 more wiimotes
1 x zapper or perfect shot
1 x Guitar Hero (or Rock Band, if it comes out)

This is madness!

How many controllers do you guys have for your Wii? Anybody buying a bigger house to store all this junk?

I've got:
4 Wiimotes
2 Nunchucks
1 Classic Controller w/ Nyko Grip and Wiimote Holder
1 Clearance Generic Gamecube controller (still looking for a Wavebird)
And a big ziploc of rechrageable batteries and charger

But thanks to my wife they're in a stinkin Longenberger basket. More classy I guess :roll:

Whoa, that's quite a collection. I've got
2 wiimotes,
3 GC controllers,
1 CC,
and 1 nunchuck,

but I want
another nunchuck,
a Hori Pad (ya lucky bastard),
a Thrustmaster T-Wireless,
2 more wiimotes,
a Hori arcade stick for Wii,
and a couple perfect shots,
as well as another CC and maybe another Thrustmaster (or Hori pad if they're ever re-released). That's... Let's see... About $300 bucks of controllers, not counting what I already have.

So yeah, I'll be needing a drawer or something to keep all this stuff in. It's worth it though, I've recently developed an interest in controllers so I'm willing to splurge. And hopefully I'll get some deals on that stuff thanks to CAG.

I have:
4 X Wii Mote
2 X Nunchuck
3 X Wavebird
2 X Classic controller (bought 1, got the other as a gift)

thats just the Wii.... if you count my Xbox 360 and PS2 I have:

Ps2:
2 X wired PS2 controllers
2 X wireless PS2
1 X wireless guitar hero controller

360:
4 X wireless 360 controllers
1 X headset
1 x messenger chat pad
1 X wireless guitar hero
1 X wired rock band guitar
1 x rock band drums
1 x rock band mic

thats a TON of controllers....

Yeah it's kind of absurd of all the controllers/accessories I have.

4 Remotes
4 Nunchuks
2 Classic Controllers
4 Wavebirds
2 Gamecube Controllers
2 Wii Zappers

On top of..
4 Xbox360 Controllers
3 Headsets :roll:
1 Chat Pad
1 GHII Guitar
1 GHIII Guitar
1 DDR Pad

:cry:

1 Wii mote
1 Nunchuck
1 Gamecube Contoller (Wired)

The only other controller I plan to get is a Classic Controller and a Zapper

I actually just received 2 lovely controllers: a Mad Catz NES-style controller for PS2, which I'm absolutely loving, and an original Gravis Gamepad for PC, which is great to have since it's the first video game controller I ever owned.

[quote name='lilboo']Yeah it's kind of absurd of all the controllers/accessories I have.

4 Remotes
4 Nunchuks
2 Classic Controllers
4 Wavebirds
2 Gamecube Controllers
2 Wii Zappers

On top of..
4 Xbox360 Controllers
3 Headsets :roll:
1 Chat Pad
1 GHII Guitar
1 GHIII Guitar
1 DDR Pad

:cry:[/QUOTE]

Hey now, no fair counting other systems. I have 2 giant storage bins devoted to junk for my other systems. But nothing compares to the craziness of the Wii.

[quote name='VAD3R or Fro']1 Wii mote
1 Nunchuck
1 Gamecube Contoller (Wired)

The only other controller I plan to get is a Classic Controller and a Zapper[/QUOTE]
Dude, you don't play Wii with anyone else? Thats like one of the biggest reasons to own one. :whistle2:(

[quote name='tankexmortis']Damn, uh, if anyone wants to sell their Hori pad or Thrustmaster to me... :D
(I'm lookin' at you, Mr. "I have 6 GC controllers" ChibiJosh)[/quote]
Hey, I have 5 wired controllers, I'm not going to sell my one wireless. ;)

Mine is pretty bad too.

4x Wiimotes
4x Nunchuks
1x Classic Controller
1x Zapper
4x Wavebirds
2x Std GC Controller
4x Bongos
2x DDR Pads

And I plan to get Guitar Hero x2 and one more each of Zapper and Classic

[quote name='tankexmortis']How the heck did you end up with that many controllers though?[/quote]
When I first bought a gamecube, I bought 3 extra controllers for 4 player Melee and Mario Kart fun. And, sometime later a friend bought a metal gamecube case at TRU for like $2 because he wanted the case. It also came with a memory card, controller, a few other accessories which he gave to me. And then, I bought the Thrustmaster.
Not that unusual, is it?

4x controllers
4x nunchuck
1x classic
2x wavebird
2x gc memory card
1x zapper (with nunchuck/controller attached)

They are all stored in this:

It also stores:
2x 360 controllers
1x 360 headset

Plus one CD wallet type thing that has all of my Wii / 360 games in it.

It works quite well, and looks nice. Our coffee table is 2 tiered with storage baskets underneath and this sits, closed, right under it.

[quote name='smaaug']
And I plan to get Guitar Hero x2 and one more each of Zapper and Classic[/quote]

Oh yeah I forgot my GH controller. It sets up next to my TV but it just looks cool so I never think of it as a controller. :lol:

My kind of thread! For the systems hooked up to my TV:

Wii
4x Wii Remotes
4x Nunchucks
1x Classic Controller
3x Gamecube Controllers
1x Wavebird

3x Wireless (2 white, 1 black)
1x Madcatz arcade stick
1x Guitar Hero II Controller
1x Guitar Hero III Controller
1x Rock Band guitar
1x Rock Band mike
1x Rock Band drums
2x headsets

Saturn
6x 3D analog controllers
1x gamepad (model 1)
1x multitap

In the convenient but rapidly filling drawer in the middle of my TV stand:

2x Wiimote
2x Nunchuk
2x Classic Controller
2x Wavebird
1x GC Memory Card
3x Wiimote Glove
1x Unopened Wii Points Card

And then in the corner:
1x GH controller w/ embedded remote (almost freaked out a couple weeks ago thinking I had lost a $40 remote somewhere, forgetting it was in the guitar)

For those of you that have 4 nunchucks, what games support 4-player multiplayer and use the nunchuck? I guess there's Red Steel, but that hardly justifies the purchase. And Mario Party 8 only uses the nunchuck for one game, so that doesn't justify it either. What are you guys playing with these controllers?

4x Wiimotes
4x Nunchucks
2x Wavebirds
2x Wired GC controllers
2x Guitar hero guitars

Still need to get a classic controller one of these days. That and I need to get a replacement nunchuck because a ratdog at a house I was housesitting decided to make a chew toy out of the analog stick.

[quote name='ma']For those of you that have 4 nunchucks, what games support 4-player multiplayer and use the nunchuck? I guess there's Red Steel, but that hardly justifies the purchase. And Mario Party 8 only uses the nunchuck for one game, so that doesn't justify it either. What are you guys playing with these controllers?[/quote]

Always be prepared! :D

4 Wiimotes
4 Nunchuks
2 Classic controllers
2 wired GC controllers
2 GH3 guitars
3 Nyko perfectshots
1 Zapper
2 GC memory cards

I use all the nunchuks for Ghost Squad and Rayman Raving Rabids 2.

4 Wiimotes
2 Nunchucks
1 Classic controller
2 Wavebirds
2 Thrustmasters
1 GH guitar
4 Bongos

Considering a gun peripheral. Nyko Perfect Shot?
Will get second guitar sometime.

I, unlike most of you, can't afford this kind of stuff. But i think I have a pretty decent selection:

2x Wii Remotes
2X Nunchuks
1x Wavebird(gotta fix that soon)
1x Unopened Wii points card(gotta open that up)
1x GC memory card.

Upcoming:
1x GHIII guitar
1x of every Rock Band Instrument
2x of either T-Wirless or CC

BTW, how do you kids get 2GH3 guitars?

4x Wii Remotes
2x Wii Nunchuks
1x GCN Wavebird
2X GCN Wired

I have no plans to buy more nunchuks, since we rarely use them, and even when we do (Mario & Sonic at the Olympics), it's usually when fellow Wii owners are over. They can bring their own nunchuks.

I have:
2 Wavebirds
4 GameCube Controllers
2 DK Bongos
3 Wii Remotes
2 Nunchuks
1 Classic Controller
1 Guitar Hero Controller
1 Wii Zapper

But I'd still like to get:
2 Wavebirds
2 DK Bongos (My 2 cousins from NJ love playing Donkey Konga whenever they're over, but we can never all play at once.)
1 Wii Remote
1 Classic Controller
1 Wii Zapper

AHH! Too much to buy, and not nearly enough money to spend! :bomb:

I'm glad the people I play with have their own Wiis and can bring their own controllers if I need any more than 2. I have:

2 Remotes
2 Nunchuks
1 Classic Controller
1 GH Guitar
1 Zapper
1 Unopened 2000 Wii Points Card
4 Wavebirds
4 Wired GameCube Controllers
1 Bongo Drum Controller
1 Hori Digital Pad
1 SD card
5 GameCube Memory Cards (different capacities)
3 GameCube-GBA Link Cables
1 GameCube-GB Micro Link Cable

I'll probably end up with a Balance Board (when Wii Fit comes out) and a Steering Wheel (when MK comes out).

I need to organize all this stuff better. I'm running out of space to store them.

[quote name='Wooten']2 bundles :cry:[/quote]

so you have 2 games? i was wondering if i could get another bundle and trade the game in, but didn't want to risk not being able to...

anyways, here's my $0.02...

4 wiimotes (decalgirl skins on all 4 of them)
2 nunchuks (used to have 3 but gave one to my parents...)
1 classic controller
1 guitar hero guitar
2 sdcards (from my camera - sometimes i like to slideshow it)
1 afterglow cooler stand from gamestop
3 wavebirds
2 wired gamecube controllers
4 bongo drum controllers
1 dance pad from ddr mario mix
5 gamecube memory cards (different capacities - even have the pokemon one from pokemon box)
4 gamecube-gba link cables (crystal chronicles and 4 swords!)
2 gamecube controller extension cables (so i can have rumble from across the room)

i'm looking to get...
1 wii zapper
1 perfect shot gun
1 guitar hero guitar
1 classic controller
1 hori digital pad

I have:
3x Remotes
4x Nunchucks (I bought the last two for $3, thats why I have one more than remotes)
5x GC Controllers (wired)
4x Bongos
1x Classic Controller
1x Wii Zapper (not a controller, but a case)

The Bongos sit to the side and behind my TV because I don't use them a lot. I keep the Wii remotes, Nunchucks, and CC in a cigar box on my coffee table.

If you want to talk noncontrollers I have plenty of GC extension cables, a Wii Points card, 2x 2GB SD cards, 2 GC Memory cards, and a ton of batteries.

2 Wiimotes
2 Nunchucks
1 Classic controller

2 Wavebirds (grey and silver)
3 Gamecube controllers (purple, black, pumpkin)
2 sets first party Bongos

I also have two of those Nyko pistol things for the wiimote ordered on Amazon. Im gonna play 2 player Ghost Squad by myself John Woo style!

Oh goodness. I am a controller and accessory fiend. I'm of the "best to be prepared" camp and like to make sure I'm never short anything.

Wii Specific
  • 3x Wiimotes
  • 3x Nunchuks
  • 4x Classic Controller
  • 1x Guitar
  • 1x Wii Zapper
  • 1x 2 Gig SD Card

Gamecube:
  • 4x DK Bongos
  • 6-8x Gamecube Controllers (at the least)
  • 1x Hori Digital Pad
  • 2x DDR Mario Pads
  • 6x GC Extension Cables (maybe more)
  • 3x 1019 Memory Cards
  • 2x 59 Memory Cards
  • 4x GC-GBA Connector Cables
  • 2x GC-GBA Micro Connector Cables (thanks Troz1820!!)
  • 4x PS2->Gamecube Connector Adapters

And the big'un:

13x Wavebirds (as of last count). This was planned from the start: 4 for the Gamecube, 4 for travelling purposes, and 4 for the Wii. The thirteenth is a backup. I currently have a 14th that is still sealed, and most likely it's going to eBay.

Still Want:
  • 2 Full Wiimote/Chuk sets (one for use with PC)
  • Potentially a Wiimote solely for GH3, but that's a bit excessive even for me
  • Thrustmasters (since everyone raves about them)
  • Nyko Perfect Shots (at least 2)

I don't want to start including other systems. I know I have 3 Wireless PS2 Logitech Controllers, four of the MadKatz Retro Pads, 3-4 Dualshock 1st Parties, 2 Dualshock third parties, 2 Guncons, a reload pedal from RedOctane, a guitar....

As for organization, everything lives in these wonderful zipper'd fabric boxes from Ikea. I'll have to put up pictures of how I've got it all organized soon.

[quote name='phattsoe']so you have 2 games? i was wondering if i could get another bundle and trade the game in, but didn't want to risk not being able to...
[/quote]

Yep two games in mono lol. Nah they don't let you trade in the game yet since standalone guitars aren't released yet for the Wii. I plan on trading it in when they release them. I wouldn't have gotten the two bundles but it was the first game in the guitar hero franchise I owned and wanted the option of playing with my girlfriend or friends when they were over.

just wii stuff, my gamecube stuff and other systems are all in another room...

5 remotes
4 nunchuks
4 classic controllers
2 steering wheel shells
2 microphones
2 guitars
1 dance pad
2 zappers
1 fishing rod shell

Hmmm...

3 Wii Remotes
2 Nunchuks
1 Classic Controller
3 Wired GCN Controllers
5 WaveBirds
2 Hori Digital Controllers
5 DK Bongos
5 GBA/GCN Cables
1 GBm/GCN Cable
1 Thurstmaster Controller
1 Guitar Controller

Of course, that's just the stuff that plugs into the Wii...

[quote name='Strell']Bla, bla, bla...

13x Wavebirds (as of last count).

Bla, bla, bla...
[/QUOTE]

Err... that's a little excessive for my tastes. I could see having maybe 5 Wavebirds at most, but 13 in addition to all the other controllers? What did you do, raid a Nintendo factory?

2 Wiimotes
2 Nunchuks
4 Gamecube Controllers
1 Wavebird
1 Wii Zapper
2 GBA to GC cables

I would have probably bought more Wiimotes/Nunchuks if my roommate did not own a Wii as well. It's easy to share Wiimotes when friends are over, so a shortage really isn't issue. I haven't bought a classic controller because I want to attempt something like this.

[quote name='BlueLobstah'] What did you do, raid a Nintendo factory?
[/QUOTE]

There was a period where K-mart was selling Wavebirds for about 10-20 bucks each bundled along with various games (Metroid Prime being one of them). I asked CAGs to hook me up, and hook me up they did.

I tend to have to take my system to various places all the time, so it helps to have controllers for those exact situations. Plus, I tend to leave all my systems hooked up all the time, and switching controllers around bothers the hell out of me.

I'm extraordinarily OCD about having things neat, tidy, and readily accessible. So it works and I paid a fraction for what they normally cost.

[quote name='Strell']There was a period where K-mart was selling Wavebirds for about 10-20 bucks each bundled along with various games (Metroid Prime being one of them). I asked CAGs to hook me up, and hook me up they did.

I tend to have to take my system to various places all the time, so it helps to have controllers for those exact situations. Plus, I tend to leave all my systems hooked up all the time, and switching controllers around bothers the hell out of me.

I'm extraordinarily OCD about having things neat, tidy, and readily accessible. So it works and I paid a fraction for what they normally cost.[/QUOTE]

I suppose I can see that, although I guess I don't mind moving stuff around to save a bit a money.

Although, I do want to see you post the pictures of your setup. That would be awesome.

2 remotes
2 nunchucks
2 classic controllers (one MOC)
2 Wavebirds
2 GBA link cables

They all live on a shelf on the entertainment center with:
2 DualShock 2 controllers (one MIB)
2 Dreamcast controllers (one with a VMU and 4x Memory Card always attached)

And then elsewhere in the apartment, there's:
2 third-party DDR pads (PS2) (one broken)
1 first-party maracas controller set (DC)
1 Dragon Quest Slime controller (PS2)

For all my systems hooked up now:

3 Wii-Remotes
3 Nunchuks
1 Classic Controller
2 Gamecube Controllers
2 Bongo Controllers
2 Mario Mix Dance Controllers
2 360 Controllers
1 Rock Band Drum
1 Rock Band Guitar
1 Rock Band Mic

Don't even get me started with other systems in other rooms and not set up...

Now if you wanna talk about nes and snes controllers... fugeggeboutit!

I prolly have over a dozen nes controllers, and even more for the snes.

I also have a pile of 7 or 8 N64 controllers in different colors.

I want to brag too, I don't have much but what I've got is mint and works perfectly, all are powered w/ rechargable lithium or NiMh batteries.

Wii:
2 Wiimotes
1 Nunchuck (I want another)
2 wave birds
2 gamecube controllers (black and purple)
4 Wiimote Condoms

360:
2 Wireless Remotes
1 Headset

Not even going to go into my games but I've got about 10 Wii games and 20 360 games. I have maybe 15 old cube games that never get played.

Am I going to get a larger house to keep this stuff? No but I've got pretty much our entire entertainment center used up. It's a good thing we use the 360 as our dvd player b/c I wouldnt want to stick someething else there that would restrict airflow. I've got my Wii sittin on top of my 360 like this:

{ Wii }
[ 360 ]

For my wii I have

2 x Wiimotes
2 x Nunchuk
1 x Wavebird
2 x wired GC controllers

used to have a classic controller but didnt really see the point as i already have the wavebird.
i usually like to have 2 controllers for each system just in case someone wants to play, or one can charge while i use the other in case of my sixaxis's for the ps3

bread's done
Back