Wii, DS, PS3, 360 Assorted Titles 5$ off @ Costco 10/13-11/6

Narsis84

CAGiversary!
Wii, DS, PS3, XBOX360 Assorted Titles 5$ off at Costco from 10/13-11/6

Item # - 113747, 283249, 568444, 569197

As I have learned, the titles that Costco carries vary wildly from store to store.

An item number is not relegated to only one title but many. Item numbers generally depict what system the game is for and the price.

In the past, I know I have been able to pick up greatest hits titles for PS3 and 360 around 13$ with this sale. They are generally priced a dollar or two off of MSRP and then the 5$ on top.

Two of the titles shown in the picture are Ratchet & Clank Future: A Crack In Time, Captain America. I will try and run by there after work today and get a better idea of worth while buys.

I know it is not the best deal in the world but I felt it was worth noting.

[quote name='Narsis84']Wii, DS, PS3, XBOX360 Assorted Titles 5$ off at Costco from 10/13-11/6

Item # - 113747, 283249, 568444, 569197

As I have learned, the titles that Costco carries vary wildly from store to store.

An item number is not relegated to only one title but many. Item numbers generally depict what system the game is for and the price.

In the past, I know I have been able to pick up greatest hits titles for PS3 and 360 around 13$ with this sale. They are generally priced a dollar or two off of MSRP and then the 5$ on top.

Two of the titles shown in the picture are Ratchet & Clank Future: A Crack In Time, Captain America. I will try and run by there after work today and get a better idea of worth while buys.

I know it is not the best deal in the world but I felt it was worth noting.[/QUOTE]

This coincides with and should be combined in the other recent Costco thread. Essentially, Costco has $14.99 and $24.99 holiday bin games this year that aren't the usual shovelware. For example, some CAGs have found Super Mario Galaxy 2 and Metroid Other M for the Wii. This would make them $10 each which would be amazing.

hmm a bit confused is there a coupon or something you use? I bought a few 14.99 games last week, and sly collection for 24.99.. would i get 5 more bucks off it i returned and rebought them?

[quote name='Kenshindono']hmm a bit confused is there a coupon or something you use? I bought a few 14.99 games last week, and sly collection for 24.99.. would i get 5 more bucks off it i returned and rebought them?[/QUOTE]

If they are sealed, I would check the white stickers on the front of the game cases to see if the product numbers match.

Costco seems really good with returns. Every time I've returned something, it's been a breeze (knocks on wood). I bet "price adjustments" or "return/rebuys" are probably easy at Costco generally as well. I'd give it a try for $15 or $15 Costco giftcard.

ya theyre sealed i havent opened any. Ill have to check what i got exactly and check it out. WHat number am i trying to match to the ones in the OP exactly?

I've been to two costco stores recently, and the gaming section in each has been wiped out to one small area with few titles.

[quote name='Kenshindono']ya theyre sealed i havent opened any. Ill have to check what i got exactly and check it out. WHat number am i trying to match to the ones in the OP exactly?[/QUOTE]

Worked for me many years ago on a Sonic DS game. Just show them your receipt with the matching item # listed in OP and they should give you back $5 during the coupon period.

[quote name='Kenshindono']ya theyre sealed i havent opened any. Ill have to check what i got exactly and check it out. WHat number am i trying to match to the ones in the OP exactly?[/QUOTE]

Only if you want someone to hand you fifteen dollars. ;)

[quote name='Pounce!']Worked for me many years ago on a Sonic DS game. Just show them your receipt with the matching item # listed in OP and they should give you back $5 during the coupon period.[/QUOTE]

Worked for me on Halo:ODST. I bought it for 53, it dropped to 25 a few weeks later. They gave me a Costco cash card for the difference. Zero questions asked.

[quote name='Kenshindono']hmm a bit confused is there a coupon or something you use? I bought a few 14.99 games last week, and sly collection for 24.99.. would i get 5 more bucks off it i returned and rebought them?[/QUOTE]

It isn't a blanket coupon on any game costco sells, but rather a coupon on a specific costco SKU(s), which has various games on associated with it. If the item you bought is has the same SKU number as the coupon, you can get an adjustment at customer service. If it doesn't, then you won't get anything. The SKU number on games is usually just under the price on the price tag and it is also on the receipt.

I can't say what the number is because I've already tossed out that coupon mailer, but someone else might be able to chime in with it.

There is no coupon for the deal. It's one of those 'no coupon required' deals that are featured in the last few pages of the coupon circular.

this is an xlent deal if you choose titles wisely

283249 = discounted wii titles (KEY, other m; shovelware like racquet sports)

anyone have any idea of the discounted PS3 titles? too bad no PSP titles on sale.

[quote name='bruceg']I've been to two costco stores recently, and the gaming section in each has been wiped out to one small area with few titles.[/QUOTE]

Probably in preperation for this sale. They will have new stock for this sale

[quote name='Joe Fongul']There is no coupon for the deal. It's one of those 'no coupon required' deals that are featured in the last few pages of the coupon circular.[/QUOTE]

Coupons generally aren't required anyways, since the cashier generally has the code and scans it in automatically.

Usually, the main difference with the instant rebates usually is on how much tax is charged.

Ok I stopped by my local Costco on the way home, and they have the games that are going to be on sale in stock. I'll post from memory what I saw that this group would potentially be interested in.

Base price is $14.99 for DS/Wii games and $24.99 for 360/PS3 games.

DS:
Rune Factory
Ivy The Kiwi
Lego Batman
Dragon's Lair
SW: Republic Heroes

Wii:
Kirby's Epic Yarn
Metroid Other M
Tournament Of Champions
Firefighter

360/PS3 games:
Captain America
Thor
Mayhem
SW: Force Unleashed II

PS3 Only:
Uncharted 2
Sly Cooper Collection
Just Cause 2
Da Blob 2
Ratchet And Clank: A Crack In Time

360 Only:
Test Drive Unlimited 2

May not be all of the games, but it is what I could see in my brief browsing of the shelves. I was kinda hoping for DKCR, but I didn't see it.

[quote name='dealighted']rune factory 2[/QUOTE]

no, its rune factory 1 because thats what i got that has the number. Maybe 2 has the same number as well, but i can verify 1 definitely does

Anyway all the games i bought match. I got
spectrobes origins
counter force
kirbys epic yarn
rune factory
just cause 2
valhalla knights
dragons lair

I may go back and get another copy of rune factory or something at this price

Just to be clear, i can just go back on the 13th with these and get the money difference right? What do i do, just go to customer service and mention that these are on sale for $5 off? what do i have to site for them?

you know im looking at those price stickers costco uses.. these are on there really good. I was considering grabbing an extra copy of rune factory and maybe kirby's to keep sealed, but not if this sticker cant be removed. Anyone know a way to get this off without ripping the plastic? Its got some kinda super adhesive on it or something

Just to be clear, i can just go back on the 13th with these and get the money difference right? What do i do, just go to customer service and mention that these are on sale for $5 off? what do i have to site for them?
Just go in, say that you had bought these games for $14.99 but had noticed that the price dropped after you bought them and would like to get the difference if possible.

I've done this only once before. I had bought an office desk for $100, but just a week after buying it the price had dropped down to $60. I ended up getting the difference, no questions asked. No hassle whatsoever.

[quote name='skateraXVIII']Just go in, say that you had bought these games for $14.99 but had noticed that the price dropped after you bought them and would like to get the difference if possible.

I've done this only once before. I had bought an office desk for $100, but just a week after buying it the price had dropped down to $60. I ended up getting the difference, no questions asked. No hassle whatsoever.[/QUOTE]

Costco's return policy:
"We guarantee your satisfaction on every product we sell with a full refund. The following must be returned within 90 days of purchase for a refund: televisions, projectors, computers, cameras, camcorders, touch screen tablets, MP3 players and cellular phones."

If they drop a price, bring it back. They will refund the difference, no questions. Video games don't fall under the 90 day policy either. Anytime return.

[quote name='TheLongshot']Probably in preperation for this sale. They will have new stock for this sale[/QUOTE]

Any estimates/guesses/general ideas for when they might replenish for the sale? Went to a Costco today and they had slim pickings, and I would love to be on top of things if they get more in.

I'm mostly just wondering if I should try again in hopes for Kirby/Galaxy 2 before the 13th or not (my "closest" store is still a decent drive :whistle2:?)

(any CAGers around North Cali know if any stores have Kirby or Galaxy 2, since I'll be traveling through there soon, that would be super helpful too :))

I would love to pick up Kirby's Epic Yarn and Metroid Other M for $5 apiece, but there isn't a Costco in my state. Two of the closest ones are in Quebec City. Tell me, why the hell do you have TWO stores in one Canadian city and none in my entire state? Douches. :p

[quote name='Blade']I would love to pick up Kirby's Epic Yarn and Metroid Other M for $5 apiece, but there isn't a Costco in my state. Two of the closest ones are in Quebec City. Tell me, why the hell do you have TWO stores in one Canadian city and none in my entire state? Douches. :p[/QUOTE]

$5 a piece? Not quite.

[quote name='Blade']I would love to pick up Kirby's Epic Yarn and Metroid Other M for $5 apiece, but there isn't a Costco in my state. Two of the closest ones are in Quebec City. Tell me, why the hell do you have TWO stores in one Canadian city and none in my entire state? Douches. :p[/QUOTE]

hmmm $15-$5=$5 must be that "new Math"

hmm... i'd be interested in a few games. sadly, there erally isnt any costco near me... wow... lol. anyone have a full list of what's gonna be available?

[quote name='Kenshindono']you know im looking at those price stickers costco uses.. these are on there really good. I was considering grabbing an extra copy of rune factory and maybe kirby's to keep sealed, but not if this sticker cant be removed. Anyone know a way to get this off without ripping the plastic? Its got some kinda super adhesive on it or something[/QUOTE]

Ditto. Buying games at Costco is awful. If it wasn't for the occasional deal, I wouldn't even bother looking there. While the norm for Costco, here is what I found with these value games:

1. They all come in that plastic prison that is not only very difficult to get off, but it's very wasteful for the environment. I take several minutes trying to pry open the plastic tabs with a knife without harming the game, and then the tabs shoot off like bullets, which is dangerous. The projectile tabs are then impossible to find and perfect for bringing pain later when you step on them.

2. They have pricing stickers that are designed to break into lots of pieces and separate from the backing with a super adhesive that creates a near-permanent bond with the shrink wrap. I've tried just about everything, and I can't get them off.

3. While I haven't seen these before at Costco, they also have the impossible-to-remove metal detector labels, where the metal strip is coiled to the shrink wrap with a near permanent-bond adhesive.

I don't understand why Costco hasn't thought of something better. And for $14.99 games, do they really need this much theft protection? I mean...no one can leave the store without getting their receipt checked...isn't that enough? So in summary, these games are only for tearing open and playing yourself.

Also, I bought a copy of Mario All Stars several months back at Costco, and the Costco sticker ruined the COLLECTOR'S edition cover. I was SO careful too...not so collectible anymore. Bah, I'm done with my Costco games rant.

If anyone has any easy tips on removing the plastic prisons, price stickers, or metal theft stickers, I'd greatly appreciate the advice along with many I'm sure.

[quote name='ddeeaallzz']Ditto. Buying games at Costco is awful. If it wasn't for the occasional deal, I wouldn't even bother looking there. While the norm for Costco, here is what I found with these value games:

1. They all come in that plastic prison that is not only very difficult to get off, but it's very wasteful for the environment. I take several minutes trying to pry open the plastic tabs with a knife without harming the game, and then the tabs shoot off like bullets, which is dangerous. The projectile tabs are then impossible to find and perfect for bringing pain later when you step on them.

2. They have pricing stickers that are designed to break into lots of pieces and separate from the backing with a super adhesive that creates a near-permanent bond with the shrink wrap. I've tried just about everything, and I can't get them off.

3. While I haven't seen these before at Costco, they also have the impossible-to-remove metal detector labels, where the metal strip is coiled to the shrink wrap with a near permanent-bond adhesive.

I don't understand why Costco hasn't thought of something better. And for $14.99 games, do they really need this much theft protection? I mean...no one can leave the store without getting their receipt checked...isn't that enough? So in summary, these games are only for tearing open and playing yourself.

Also, I bought a copy of Mario All Stars several months back at Costco, and the Costco sticker ruined the COLLECTOR'S edition cover. I was SO careful too...not so collectible anymore. Bah, I'm done with my Costco games rant.

If anyone has any easy tips on removing the plastic prisons, price stickers, or metal theft stickers, I'd greatly appreciate the advice along with many I'm sure.[/QUOTE]

how'd u ruin the art?

First off, tons of denting and scratching where I tried to get the sticker off. Then, I tried to use a goo remover, which somehow soaked into the red cover, staining it permanently.

[quote name='ddeeaallzz']I don't understand why Costco hasn't thought of something better. And for $14.99 games, do they really need this much theft protection? I mean...no one can leave the store without getting their receipt checked...isn't that enough? So in summary, these games are only for tearing open and playing yourself. [/quote]

Well, if you simply grabbed a game and put it underneath your shirt, the guys checking receipts have no clue that you have something. Given how huge those stores are, I'm not surprised by the protection. (tho, they don't do the same with DVDs. Maybe they feel that games are a greater theft risk.

If anyone has any easy tips on removing the plastic prisons, price stickers, or metal theft stickers, I'd greatly appreciate the advice along with many I'm sure.

Well, the latter two are only a problem if you aren't planning on playing a game. (For which for budget titles like this, it is kinda silly if you are not.) As for the plastic prisons, they were easily solved by a good pair of scissors.

[quote name='TheLongshot']Ok I stopped by my local Costco on the way home, and they have the games that are going to be on sale in stock. I'll post from memory what I saw that this group would potentially be interested in.

Base price is $14.99 for DS/Wii games and $24.99 for 360/PS3 games.

DS:
Rune Factory
Ivy The Kiwi
Lego Batman
Dragon's Lair
SW: Republic Heroes

Wii:
Kirby's Epic Yarn
Metroid Other M
Tournament Of Champions
Firefighter

360/PS3 games:
Captain America
Thor
Mayhem
SW: Force Unleashed II

PS3 Only:
Uncharted 2
Sly Cooper Collection
Just Cause 2
Da Blob 2
Ratchet And Clank: A Crack In Time

360 Only:
Test Drive Unlimited 2

May not be all of the games, but it is what I could see in my brief browsing of the shelves. I was kinda hoping for DKCR, but I didn't see it.[/QUOTE]

A few more. They just restocked at my store and put the sale titles on a end cap.

Just cause 2(360)
Thor(PS3)
Blur
Split Second
UFC Undisputed 2010
Bear Grylls
"History Channel Game"

Well, I called a bunch of stores today and managed to come out with Wii Party (marked down to $20 but not "Value Price" or whatever) for my troubles. Okay, sure.

One store I called had KEY in-stock, but it was still listed $43.97. I understand every Costco has different stock and this sale is YMMV, however since lots of people are seeing KEY for $14.99, I'm wondering is there any chance it could drop soon? Anybody notice something like this happening in their stores?

[quote name='fate-breaker']Well, I called a bunch of stores today and managed to come out with Wii Party (marked down to $20 but not "Value Price" or whatever) for my troubles. Okay, sure.
One store I called had KEY in-stock, but it was still listed $43.97. I understand every Costco has different stock and this sale is YMMV, however since lots of people are seeing KEY for $14.99, I'm wondering is there any chance it could drop soon? Anybody notice something like this happening in their stores?[/QUOTE]

The sale isn't YMMV. It just isn't live until the 13th.

[quote name='fate-breaker']Well, I called a bunch of stores today and managed to come out with Wii Party (marked down to $20 but not "Value Price" or whatever) for my troubles. Okay, sure.

One store I called had KEY in-stock, but it was still listed $43.97. I understand every Costco has different stock and this sale is YMMV, however since lots of people are seeing KEY for $14.99, I'm wondering is there any chance it could drop soon? Anybody notice something like this happening in their stores?[/QUOTE]

The Kirby EY UPC is $43.97. The Kirby EY for $14.99 has a generic UPC over it, so it'll be hard to track down. You'll have to actually go to Costco an look at what they got.

Am I the only one that's paranoid, that if I don't go in right when Costco opens, the only thing that will be left is crappy shovelware? My town's Costco never seems to have any games, even when they do stuff like this. The last time I went in, about a week or so ago, they had only one copy of some fashion game for girls on the DS, and that was it. One DS game in the whole store. I basically have the option of walking 4 miles, or waiting until I have access to a car at 4pm. I'm worried that if I get there at 4pm, all the first party Nintendo games will be gone.

I have recently received the annual 2% rebate check from costco for $112. I guess I will check out my local costco on my way home.

[quote name='jooanyenna']I have recently received the annual 2% rebate check from costco for $112. I guess I will check out my local costco on my way home.[/QUOTE]

jooanyenna what is your sig pic from? not the bush thing, the one with the cute chick throwing what appears to be her panties

[quote name='TheLongshot']
Well, the latter two are only a problem if you aren't planning on playing a game. (For which for budget titles like this, it is kinda silly if you are not.) As for the plastic prisons, they were easily solved by a good pair of scissors.[/QUOTE]

for me i wanted an extra copy of rune factory to keep sealed. The sticker kinda ruins that

@ the sticker issue. So anyone have any methods for taking these stickers off? me and a few others have complained about them but no one seems to know a good way to remove them. They seem to be a crazy strong version that wont just come off. I was thinking maybe trying a hair dryer and seeing if that helps melt the glue, but i dont know...

[quote name='Kenshindono']jooanyenna what is your sig pic from? not the bush thing, the one with the cute chick throwing what appears to be her panties

for me i wanted an extra copy of rune factory to keep sealed. The sticker kinda ruins that

@ the sticker issue. So anyone have any methods for taking these stickers off? me and a few others have complained about them but no one seems to know a good way to remove them. They seem to be a crazy strong version that wont just come off. I was thinking maybe trying a hair dryer and seeing if that helps melt the glue, but i dont know...[/QUOTE]

It's from a Korean TV Show and she is not throwing her panties. Actually she is throwing a rock to a peeping tom who is watching her taking a bath.

And about the sticker issue: try to wet the sticker with a little bit of water to remove the paper portion and use WD40 to remove the leftover adhesive. See if it works. :)

[quote name='ddeeaallzz']

If anyone has any easy tips on removing the plastic prisons, price stickers, or metal theft stickers, I'd greatly appreciate the advice along with many I'm sure.[/QUOTE]

A pair of medium or large scissors will do the job. At the top, look for 'cut here' and slide one side of the scissors underneath it (which one can do easily and without damaging the game if you are simply careful) and cut the the plastic. do this for both back and front and you can pull the left and right sides of the plastic 'prison' apart and remove the game very easily.

For those on the fence about captain america, the trade in value on amazon is currently 17.55, if you can play through it quickly, you can look at as $4 or so 'rental' after taxes.

Thanks for the tip about cutting the top with scissors, guys. Much easier! I noticed there is even a "cut here" notice, so I'm surprised I never saw that. Obviously the Costco guy that instructed me to pop the tabs on each side with a knife had no idea either...do not do it this way unless you want to stab yourself. :lol:

Grabbed Captain America for the $20 sale price. Played 3 or so "chapters". Its not nearly as polished as Batman AA, and the first challenge was so very easy to get gold. It has semi flowing combat, but you can't "chain" attacks at anywhere near the same distance as Batman AA, but it doesn't really matter as it doesn't seem to really treat the unbroken chains the same. Not even sure if there even is a ticking up multiplier for no misses on flow combat. What the Cap can do off the ground, at least so far, is very linear and scripted. Not at all like the pure creative awesomeness that was Batman AA. There are a crap ton of items to pick up, unlocking read aloud diary pages and small films to watch. The Shield works well for offense and defense, mechanics are good. Cap's version of detective mode vision doesn't stay very long before you have to toggle it again to check the other side of a room, but it seems to get the job done.

I'm a fan of Captain America and I am going to enjoy this "B" game enough I think to play it through and then some. I was going to wait to get it for $15 new / $10 used, but $20 is a fair price and I like to support any game sales that Costco has, as they don't come that often.

Thanks for the reminder on this OP. Captain America was the only title that really interested me as I already have Metroid and Kirby.

It always seemed to me the the Cap game was trying to mimic the gameplay of Wolverine and Batman all at the same time. Anyways, $20 was my buyin price point for it.

And like others have said, really only saw shovelware save for Ratchet and Uncharted 2.

Also grabbed Free Running on the Wii even though I couldn't find any positive reviews. Seemed like an interesting idea for game and I was willing to try it out for $10.

sooooo... how the hell do you open the stupid big plastic security sleeves the games are in? I bought a bunch of them and went to go open them today and i cant for the life of me get the damn jackets off. Anyone know?

All you need is scissors, bought a bunch myself last month, but cut the plastic strip in the middle towards the top and your set.

bread's done
Back