Wii Fit Plus (Game Only) Preorder - Amazon $19.99!!!

[quote name='menikmati']Actually, the price will last.

http://www.joystiq.com/2009/09/01/wii-fit-plus-out-oct-4-at-a-svelte-20-price-point/[/QUOTE]

hmm oh well I'll just keep my mouth shut now :whistle2:#

hehe

Find that kinda surprising tho since the one with the board is $99 which is a higher pricepoint than the original...

oh and in my defense... the stores that sell through amazon still have this priced at $45+

actually just noticed something interesting...

on the amazon
Frequently Bought Together

Customers buy this item with Maxim (1-year)

hehe

Hmm...isn't Wii Fit Plus the equivalent of a "GOTY Edition" game? It's the same game with some expanded content and resold. But for a first party Wii game, I guess $20 is a good price for those who want to revisit the game after they sold it on ebay...

[quote name='hypertails02']Hmm...isn't Wii Fit Plus the equivalent of a "GOTY Edition" game? It's the same game with some expanded content and resold. But for a first party Wii game, I guess $20 is a good price for those who want to revisit the game after they sold it on ebay...[/QUOTE]

I like to know about this too. I've done some checking and I know at least some of the minigames from the original are in the new version, but I don't know which ones (might be all, might be a few). Does anybody know what was added / what was taken away?

[quote name='hypertails02']Hmm...isn't Wii Fit Plus the equivalent of a "GOTY Edition" game? It's the same game with some expanded content and resold. But for a first party Wii game, I guess $20 is a good price for those who want to revisit the game after they sold it on ebay...[/QUOTE]

My understanding is that this is correct. According to IGN, there are 15 new minigames and a handful of interface and tracking upgrades like workout timers, etc.... The original came with 40 minigames. Not sure that's worth $20 and it would have been cool of Nintendo to either make this a download or provide upgrade discs for free to registered users, but I guess it could be worse.

Is the balance board in the Wii Fit Plus any different from the regular Wii Fit one?

And does the Wii Fit Plus "game" include everything from Wii Fit, or just additional stuff, meaning you'd still have to buy a copy of the Wii Fit game to get the full experience?

[quote name='kodave']Is the balance board in the Wii Fit Plus any different from the regular Wii Fit one?

And does the Wii Fit Plus "game" include everything from Wii Fit, or just additional stuff, meaning you'd still have to buy a copy of the Wii Fit game to get the full experience?[/QUOTE]

I believe the boards are the exact same, and Wii Fit+ is basically just an enhanced version of the original, although we probably won't know for sure until reviews start coming out.

[quote name='wampa8jedi']I love the contrast between the extremely enthusiastic OP and the fact that this is a complete non-deal...

;)[/QUOTE]

True lol

eventho IMO it aint that expensive...

[quote name='"Pretty much everyone"']Actually, the price will last. blah blah blah that's the regular price...[/QUOTE]

Yeah right. I will believe it when I see it.

Take for example: Links Crossbow Training

MSRP at Launch: $19.99

Can you find it at any B&M Store now for that price? Don't think so. ($24.99 is the new standard)

What about the Mario Kart steering wheel add-on (snap in)
MSRP at Launch: $9.99

Now, everywhere pretty much sells it for $14.99!

So This new Wii Fit... yes, while true the MSRP has been set at $19.99 at launch...

Like many other Wii items... I would in no way be shocked to see the price raised when it sells well.

If you want this new game, be sure you get it at the TRUE MSRP... Not the jacked up price 3 months down the road

[quote name='blowmefer']Yeah right. I will believe it when I see it.

Take for example: Links Crossbow Training

MSRP at Launch: $19.99

Can you find it at any B&M Store now for that price? Don't think so. ($24.99 is the new standard)

What about the Mario Kart steering wheel add-on (snap in)
MSRP at Launch: $9.99

Now, everywhere pretty much sells it for $14.99!

So This new Wii Fit... yes, while true the MSRP has been set at $19.99 at launch...

Like many other Wii items... I would in no way be shocked to see the price raised when it sells well.

If you want this new game, be sure you get it at the TRUE MSRP... Not the jacked up price 3 months down the road[/QUOTE]

This is CAG though and we don't depend on inflated b&m retailer prices to determine if something is a deal or not. Link's Crossbow Training is $20 or less at all the usual on-line retailers. Wii Fit Plus will be $20 for a long time to come and there is no reason to jump on this non-deal now, unless you actually use Wii Fit and want the new minigames.

bread's done
Back