Wii Fitness for kids?

chi.bri

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
I was wondering if anyone has a kid (age 9ish) that uses Wii Fit or My Fitness Coach?
Does the game calibrate for age well?
Does he/she like it and workout frequently?

My son was 12 when he used Wii Fit every day over the summer. Not sure what you mean by "calibrate", but there are fun games to play for all ages. Just don't expect a full-blown work-out from Wii Fit, but it can keep a kid active and interested.

[quote name='soonersfan60']My son was 12 when he used Wii Fit every day over the summer. Not sure what you mean by "calibrate", but there are fun games to play for all ages. Just don't expect a full-blown work-out from Wii Fit, but it can keep a kid active and interested.[/QUOTE]

Thanx.
I was wondering if the game took in to account that a kid would be playing. Not have them lift 50 pound weights right from the start.

my son is 8 and we just got wii fit plus and he loves it. My son is in good shape and extremely active. It will tell you it can be inacurate on BMI which I'm pretty sure it is for my son. He doesn't even consider it working out it's just a game to him. He would do the free run all day if I let him which is basically just running in place. hope this helps.

[quote name='chi.bri']Thanx.
I was wondering if the game took in to account that a kid would be playing. Not have them lift 50 pound weights right from the start.[/QUOTE]

I don't have a kid, but the game asks you to input your age and height and measures your weight. There's no weight lifting, just activities you can do with your body and the board, e.g. pushups and stretches. It's intended as a family game.

I have an 11-year-old daughter, and she absolutely loves the EA Sports Active game - it inspired me to order the newer version - with extra workouts - if you go to the ea store website - you can get the extra workouts version (which I've heard is better than the original version) for $39.95 - then use promo code PAXEAST842 - takes off $20 and gives free shipping - I got mine shipped for $19.95.

It's also worthwhile to consider games that aren't specifically about fitness - we have Rayman Raving Rabbids TV Party - which can really give you a workout. I also love Wii Fit Plus -big improvement over the first one in terms of kid-friendliness.

bread's done
Back