Wii: Fragile Dreams $19.99 @ gamestop

forgot to mention it's in stores only as they've sold out online

Been wanting this, I hope it gets a price match. But I may just go tomorrow and try to find a copy since it shows a few nearby stores in stock.

[quote name='KornKid91']forgot to mention it's in stores only as they've sold out online[/QUOTE]
I didnt even noticed it was sold out online, I just submitted the in-store price also. I have some Amazon credit to use also.

An Amazon PM would be great. Figures there are tons of "new" copies nearby but 0 used. I would have picked this up used with this weekend's coupon.

This game was moderately well-received -- I think the reviews I read when it first came out rated it around a 6.5/10. There was some cited criticism on the voice acting, controls, and end-game staleness. The level designs themselves are supposed to be gorgeous. Over all, it makes for a good budget-priced title if you have nothing else to play.

[quote name='WhipSmartBanky']What's the buzz about this game? This is the first I've ever heard of it.[/QUOTE]

Just watch this trailer.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e6Q8RahGNPk

It was said to have mediocre gameplay, but was highly praised for its atmosphere and music that match Hayao Miyazaki's works (Totoro, Castle in the Sky, Spirited Away etc).

I also want to know how to let Amazon know about these things. I would love to do my part in getting a pricematch on this and lots of other games that come about.

[quote name='loveangel']how to inform the amazon for price match[/QUOTE]

[quote name='thegame85']I also want to know how to let Amazon know about these things. I would love to do my part in getting a pricematch on this and lots of other games that come about.[/QUOTE]

Near the bottom of the page it will say

> Tell us about a lower price

[quote name='thegame85']I also want to know how to let Amazon know about these things. I would love to do my part in getting a pricematch on this and lots of other games that come about.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='loveangel']how to inform the amazon for price match[/QUOTE]
Click the link I posted up top, scroll down about a 1/3 of the way to the Product Features area. At the bottom of that section you'll see :

Would you like to update product info, give feedback on images, or tell us about a lower price?

• Click the "tell us about a lower price link"

I just bought this from Amazon last week cause I was tired of waiting for a 20 price point...

"amazon rarely PM anything oos online "

there's no harm in trying it takes less than a minute

Anyways I don't like using gamestop anymore, The last couple of times I've bought from them I've had bad experiences. They sold me a "New" copy of a game that didn't have a case or manual,

I waited at a store for more than an hour cause their was a new employee and he didn't know how to return games so he had to call his manager.

and another time I had this guy outside the store hassling me to trade in some games for him cause he wasn't eligible because his license was suspended (you need an id to trade in games), and he wouldn't leave me alone then when I finally agreed to shut the guy up, the store people were angry cause apparently the guy had been spitting and swearing and it was just this huge mess and I ended up being late to college that day. it makes me never want to go back there again

I've been waiting for a price drop for this game for a really really long time, I'm going to hold out abit to see if Amazon pms if not I'll bite the bullet and go to gamestop

Last edited:
[quote name='skiizim']Wasn't this on sale at GameFly a few months back for like $15-$17?[/QUOTE]

It was on sale for somewhere in that vicinity, but it was sold out pretty quickly. By the time I got the page to load, it was gone.

[quote name='KornKid91']"amazon rarely PM anything oos online "

there's no harm in trying it takes less than a minute

Anyways I don't like using gamestop anymore, The last couple of times I've bought from them I've had bad experiences. They sold me a "New" copy of a game that didn't have a case or manual, [/QUOTE]

Gamestop regularly sells opened/used copies of games as new. Not sure how it isn't illegal.

Yeah, I had a fun experience at my gamestop tonight. I pulled the "new" case off the shelf and asked the employee if they had any sealed copies. He asked me what I meant by sealed. No joke. I decided to cut him some slack and replied I just want a new copy with no stickers on the case. Of course, he asked what I meant by no stickers. I sighed and told him to look at the sad gutted case he was holding in his hand. Long story short, i'll wait for another retailer. Thanks, though, for the heads up, op.

[quote name='Darrith']Gamestop regularly sells opened/used copies of games as new. Not sure how it isn't illegal.[/QUOTE]

Here is another one, how do companies sell you DLC when it's already on the disc and only have you download an unlock code so you can use it. :bomb::bomb::bomb:

[quote name='jer7583']too japanese[/QUOTE]

My thought exactly. Looks pretty but there's no way I'd make it through it.

This game has some really great moments through it's story. Like others have said it can get a bit tedious, walking down some almost infinite corridors but It really payed of in the end IMO. One story event in particular early in the game had me feeling really damn sad... lol I know :) . The ending which I will not spoil for me is very original and don't see it as much at all in most games coming out from japan or anywhere else.

I quickly called all my local gamestops and reserved a sealed copy (seems to sell for a lot more than $20 on Ebay). I assume the manufacturer didn't produce a lot of copies (it's a Xseed title), so I didn't want to take any chances and wait to see whether Amazon bothers to price match.

Last edited by a moderator:
If I can find a sealed copy, I'll pick this game up. I have a feeling that the Gamestops in my area will only have one copy and it will be gutted.

This game has a truly gorgeous presentation. The music, art direction, graphics, voice work (Japanese side at least), and locations create a truly unique world. The story and its characters are the sole reason you keep playing.

The game itself is absolutely terrible. Horribly clunky inventory system, wonky wiimote interaction, tedious combat, virtually endless meandering through the same few areas, backtracking galore, inadequate camera, and little to no variety in combat weapons.

It's a shame that the gameplay doesn't match the presentation, but even with all the negatives I've said, I'm still really glad I played through it. The more you delve into its story, the more alone you feel. It will undoubtedly evoke some response from you. Be it a crippling depression or a massive strain of frustration.

[quote name='soonersfan60']back up to $46 at amazon... :([/quote]

[quote name='sabanoo']it never went down.[/quote]
:d:):d:)

My bad... thought it did the way people were talking about Amazon in the thread. I guess I'll have to see if I can find a sealed copy at Gamestop (and then take a shower afterwards... ).

Thanks OP!

I scored the last one at the Gamestop @ Brook & Parham in Richmond for $19.99 Gamestop Opened as New. Great find--been waiting a long time for a cheap ass drop on this one.

Found TWO copies "new" at my local Gamestop, along with a copy of Silent Hill: Shattered Memories for Wii (which also had a Gamestop pricedrop to $19.99 new) and...

...I didn't end up buying either. They both looked horribly used... the cases were scuffed and the discs were slightly scratched and definitely looked used. :bomb:

I'd have bought either one in a heartbeat if they weren't soldout online. Oh well, guess I'll just keep waiting for a pricedrop elsewhere (hurry up, Amazon! It seems like these two Wii games have taken FOREVER to drop!)

[quote name='skiizim']Wasn't this on sale at GameFly a few months back for like $15-$17?[/QUOTE]

14.99 + tax. I ordered one.

[quote name='OtakuFerret']Found TWO copies "new" at my local Gamestop, along with a copy of Silent Hill: Shattered Memories for Wii (which also had a Gamestop pricedrop to $19.99 new) and...

...I didn't end up buying either. They both looked horribly used... the cases were scuffed and the discs were slightly scratched and definitely looked used. :bomb:

I'd have bought either one in a heartbeat if they weren't soldout online. Oh well, guess I'll just keep waiting for a pricedrop elsewhere (hurry up, Amazon! It seems like these two Wii games have taken FOREVER to drop!)[/QUOTE]

You can find Silent Hill: SM at KMart for $19.99 as well.

bread's done
Back