Wii games have arrived at stores (pics)

I went by my GameStop at lunch and checked on their games. They didn't have Madden, Rayman or Zelda so I didn't bother tho they did have some. I also got to play the Wii for the first time, but that's a different thread altogether.

Went to BB, they have 3 wii games on display, Avatar and 2 others. I asked about Zelda and the rep went into the back to check after I pointed out that they had the release day as today. I almost thought I was going to score one until he came back empty handed. He says "management decided not to release them untill the 19th, but we do have 100 in stock..." I then asked how many wiis they are getting, he said he didn't know. Looks like BB is bogarting the zeldas.

Just got this today.
Picture032.jpg

Interestingly enough, the back of the box reveals something.
Picture034.jpg

Look in the top right hand corner.

It shows the Classic Controller icon, which means it can be used to play this at it also states it in the manual.

Other info I found from the manual includes a Japanese Voice Over option but no Japanese Soundtrack

My local EB has Wii and all the games in stock, but they cant sell the consoles or Zelda or Excite Truck till Sunday obviously.

[quote name='dahermitt']I tried and can still order it from bb.com...[/QUOTE]
You can order but it wont ship right away. There is a 1-2 week delay as stated on the page.

[quote name='botticus']Far as I know, Nintendo always dates their games.[/QUOTE]

You are correct, we have a shipment of both along with a 11/19/06 street date.

All the others don't, so you can go out and buy Happy Feet, Ant Bully, Trauma Center and DBZ:BT2 right now if you wish.

Because I wanted to.
Because I could.
Because I wanted to read the manual and find out some of the lesser known details about the game ahead of time and how the controls would work specifically.

Hey.

I want DBZ.

Shuttup Tybee. :(

C'mon. You know how much I've wanted to perform a kamehameha and be poorly convinced I'm actually doing it?

[quote name='Strell']Hey.

I want DBZ.

Shuttup Tybee. :(

C'mon. You know how much I've wanted to perform a kamehameha and be poorly convinced I'm actually doing it?[/quote]
As is accurately described in the manual. Plus it states that individual character motions will be detailed in the In-game skill list each character will have. Burning Attack for early Arthritis and FTW.

Sorry guys. Just having a little fun.

And trying to work out some of my rage at the whole component cable snafu.

Trauma Center... sweet. Love the box art. I'm still trying to decide whether to get Trauma Center or Red Steel...

Decisions decisions.

Apparently my store got too few of copies of trauma Center and gave them all out already, so I have to go to another and buy it.

Heh... damn seasonal employees mean the manager isn't working as often, so I don't get direct calls from him telling me my games are in. Not sure if I should torture myself with early games. May as well.

I went to Best Buy in Columbus and was told they didn't have any...So i went to wally world next door and was told they had them but couldn't sell me them. guh.

I think the small gold-embossed symbol on the center of the Zelda cover is really classy and adds a lot to an otherwise-uninteresting case.

Picked up my Red Steel, Madden, Trauma Center, and Marvel preorders. And bought the only unclaimed Rayman. Red Steel, Trauma Center, Zelda, remotes, nunchuks, and point cards are all sold out to preorders; they have one classic controller I could buy if I wanted to.

Before the PS2 came out you could buy games for it. Interestingly enough Gamestop.com lists copies of TC and DBZ IN STOCK used. Weird.

[quote name='fldash']botticus, which store please?[/quote]EB. Mayfield Heights, OH to be specific.

It's not surprising, since the attach rate on preorder day was 3:1. Just means I will need to wait a bit to get some more controllers there. I just hope they get some before the following weekend as I have a Wii party on the 24th. I'd rather get them with EB credit, but I suppose I will get them for $5 off at Circuit City or Best Buy if need be.

[quote name='botticus']Picked up my Red Steel, Madden, Trauma Center, and Marvel preorders. And bought the only unclaimed Rayman. Red Steel, Trauma Center, Zelda, remotes, nunchuks, and point cards are all sold out to preorders; they have one classic controller I could buy if I wanted to.[/QUOTE]

Wow, really? Did they call you about this stuff? I have Zelda and Wiimotes preordered at EB. I called to find out about the midnight launch and they didn't say anything about picking up games and accessories before (I hadn't seen this yet so I didn't ask either). I have a feeling some stores will hold everything until Sunday and some won't though - just depends. I'll assume they will hold my preordered items even if they are giving them out early. I did not preorder a classic controller or Wii points card, and I'd like to get those since my kids want Mario 64 right away - though I'd prefer to get them at GR than EB.

[quote name='io']Wow, really? Did they call you about this stuff? I have Zelda and Wiimotes preordered at EB. I called to find out about the midnight launch and they didn't say anything about picking up games and accessories before (I hadn't seen this yet so I didn't ask either). I have a feeling some stores will hold everything until Sunday and some won't though - just depends. I'll assume they will hold my preordered items even if they are giving them out early. I did not preorder a classic controller or Wii points card, and I'd like to get those since my kids want Mario 64 right away - though I'd prefer to get them at GR than EB.[/quote]I only got a call about Marvel: Ultimate Alliance, nothing about the other three games. And the accessories are street-dated, along with the console and first-party games, as far as I know.

At least with the classic controller and points cards, you can get those for $15 at Best Buy (GGC) or Circuit City ($5 off next week). I tend to go there for those purchases instead of using store credit for a tiny savings.

I hope they're not all sold out of wiimotes and nunchucks around here, I need to use up that credit. There are at least 8 EB/GS I can try around here so hopefully somebody has em.

I've been calling EB/Gamestop locations around the bay area all freakin' day. About half of them said they weren't selling anything until Sunday. The rest were unpacking boxes at around 1pm. I started calling for Red Steel and found a store near my work so I just headed out there to try my luck. What that dumbass didn't tell me was that he only had preorders left, so I left with nothing.

I went to another one in San Francisco after they said they had Red Steel. I headed out to that one and they had Red Steel, Rayman, Tony Hawk, Monkey Ball, GT Racing, Happy Feet, Spongebob, and some others... don't really remember. It's the store on Mission St. for those who care. I picked up Red Steel, Tony Hawk and Monkey Ball. We'll see what I keep when the reviews start rolling in.

stopped by best buy on my lunch break this afternoon. out on the shelf, they had (numbers estimated)...

zelda (8)
excite truck (8)
rampage (6)
madden (6)
spongebob (2)
trauma center (2)
dragonballz (6)
tony hawk (6)
monkey ball (4)
happy feet (6)
marvel (8)

remotes (16)
nunchuks (12)
bunch of third party crap

picked up a remote, nunchuk and zelda!

The Best Buy I stopped at (East Madison, WI) would not sell me any games. I can understand not selling Zelda... but not the games that aren't street dated.

One other thing... they mentioned that they were going to have over 100 systems for sale... more than they thought they would have received.

I'm just planning on picking up games and then having either Best Buy or Circuit City price match the ad on Sunday.

[quote name='DocRamon']stopped by best buy on my lunch break this afternoon. out on the shelf, they had (numbers estimated)...

zelda (8)
excite truck (8)
rampage (6)
madden (6)
spongebob (2)
trauma center (2)
dragonballz (6)
tony hawk (6)
monkey ball (4)
happy feet (6)
marvel (8)

remotes (16)
nunchuks (12)
bunch of third party crap

picked up a remote, nunchuk and zelda![/quote]

Oh shit...Game ON. Got Zelda pre-ordered at EB, but really would like to nail down my extra nunchuk and remote before Sunday, especially if I could do it at BB with GGCs.

gunm: What's the significance of the CC sale? I haven't seen the ad.

psunami, I had the EXACT same experience at my Best Buy. They had the games, but wouldn't sell and told me they expect to receive over 100 Wii's. BUT WHAT IS WITH THESE REPORTS OF PEOPLE SAYING THEIR BEST BUYS ARE RECEIVING AROUND 30 AND TARGET LESS THAN 10? There's another thread here where someone said something and someone else said something at FatWallet.com.

Picked up Trauma Center today. My store didn't get Zelda in yet and it looks like Metal Slug was bumped til next week. I did get 2 of the empty Wii display game cases though that they were getting ready to throw...

Wow at first I wasn't impressed with those white cases but now I think they look classy...sexy even. Not nearly impressed with the bland disc covers, looks like they are going the GC route with the limited color palettes. Yes, I'm just being picky. :D

I was able to pick up Zelda from my local Gamestop tonight. I called ahead and asked if the Zelda pre-orders were in and the guy said only four arrived thus far and he would give me mine, even though he wasnt allowed to till tomorrow (11/16) when the rest of his shipment shows up.

[quote name='ShimSham']
Nov.jpg

I managed to snag this today[/QUOTE]

Not only do I want that game..

I have an OoT question. This is probably more set on the internet browser then CAG--how did you change the backround color??!?

[quote name='Kendro']Wow at first I wasn't impressed with those white cases but now I think they look classy...sexy even. Not nearly impressed with the bland disc covers, looks like they are going the GC route with the limited color palettes. Yes, I'm just being picky. :D[/QUOTE]
Yeah, same here. When I first saw the Wii game boxes I didn't really like the look that much. But after getting my hands on a Wii game I thought the case looked pretty nice.

Best Buy in Lubbock, Texas had only Trauma Center, Rayman, and Super Monkey Ball. No controllers, sadly (I wanted to practice with something other than my TV remote, heh..). I did notice that they had about 25 copies of Trauma Center though, which I thought was pretty cool. It felt good going through all the Wii game cases... hehe.

Another thought, I have no idea if anyone has mentioned this or not, so sorry if it has been, but the GGCs WILL work for controllers, and since they are 2 pieces, they work doubly. $50 controllers are much better than $60 ones.

Hastings had 4 different games when I went there today. But no Zelda.
I called Gamestop and they said the other stores were all breaking street date and that they would not have a single Wii item out till launch. Their loss since now I will buy all my stuff pre-launch from somewhere else. Cant find Zelda anywhere yet though.

bread's done
Back