Wii/GC controllers?

wanderingheel

CAG Veteran
I want to pick up a few gamecube controllers, but I"m cheap (go figure why I'm here) - preferrably of the wireless variety. A few questions -

1) suggestion on brand?
2) where to buy?
3) how much should I expect to pay?

I know people will suggest the wavebird (I've seen other threads on them, but don't really know why they're better), but is it really the best for the money? What about the other generic ones? What goes wrong with them?

Thanks for the help!

[quote name='wanderingheel']I want to pick up a few gamecube controllers, but I"m cheap (go figure why I'm here) - preferrably of the wireless variety. A few questions -

1) suggestion on brand?
2) where to buy?
3) how much should I expect to pay?

I know people will suggest the wavebird (I've seen other threads on them, but don't really know why they're better), but is it really the best for the money? What about the other generic ones? What goes wrong with them?

Thanks for the help![/QUOTE]

Post this in "Request a Video Game Deal" forum. People will gladly (i hope) help you out over there.
I actually have Wavebirds, so click on "CML" if you have interests.

Hope that helps.

I'm going to have to recommend Nyko's Thrustmaster for your situation. It is wireless, comfortable, and acts as a GCN controller and a classic controller.

http://www.amazon.com/Wii-2-4Ghz-T-..._1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1207619567&sr=8-1

It's $20 on Amazon, but you may be able to find some deals on this considering it's not out of production like a Wavebird.

Do NOT waste your time with generic controllers, especially of the wireless variety. Anything Pelican, Madcatz, or like that is almost always going to be crap. The signal will drop out, the controller will be uncomfortable, the buttons will be unresponsive, and overall it can turn a great game into something of a hassle.

Wavebirds are made by Nintendo directly, and they feel and look like a normal wired GCN controller. But they are expensive, as they are out of production. You also get no rumbles with these, but they are certainly the best wireless option.

bread's done
Back