Wii GHIII guitar preorder (w/o game)

It really is quite an absurd price. I was hoping it would be $40...$50 at most.

I mean really, this is just a classic controller shell which REQUIRES you to use a $40 Wiimote. So ultimately the cost of this guitar is $100. WTF! It uses the Wiimote rumble, the wiimote's wireless functions, etc....I bet it doesn't cost them more than $20 to make.

I don't feel so bad buying a second bundle now, at least I should be able to trade in the game after they release the standalone guitars.

That is just a placeholder. They've had that listed on their site since before the game was even released. TRU just keeps on changing their "release date" every month. That isn't the official price or the official release date.

anyone know how much the game will trade in for? i'm thinking of just buying another bundle, as well...

$60 for a guitar vs. $90 for a guitar and game... if the game trades in for $25, i'd hope for a +% coupon at gamestop or something to get a better deal out of it or something... but i'd assume they price the game at $30 since the guitar goes for $60, so a trade-in would likely be for $15 or so... maybe gamecrazy will be better?

still, thanks for the heads up, op! been bored of switching off the one guitar...

edit: $150 for the bundle? damn, doesn't save you anything if the guitar is worth $60. correct me if i'm wrong, but the old redoctane bundles had some discount with the 2-guitar bundle on ps2 back in the day...

[quote name='red_devil3']It really is quite an absurd price. I was hoping it would be $40...$50 at most.

I mean really, this is just a classic controller shell which REQUIRES you to use a $40 Wiimote. So ultimately the cost of this guitar is $100. WTF! It uses the Wiimote rumble, the wiimote's wireless functions, etc....I bet it doesn't cost them more than $20 to make.[/QUOTE]

And that way Activision makes even more money from this franchise. It's incredible how greedy they are.

Oh wait, no it isn't. That's how every company is... silly me.:lol:

It's so close to the next game, I'm just going to wait for the next game and then wait for a $10 off sale somewhere or a $10 off coupon from BB or something. Then I'll get a new game and guitar for almost the price of a guitar.

[quote name='MorPhiend']It's so close to the next game, I'm just going to wait for the next game and then wait for a $10 off sale somewhere or a $10 off coupon from BB or something. Then I'll get a new game and guitar for almost the price of a guitar.[/quote]

i remember doing that with guitar hero II. not as many people were playing it back when the first one came out, but it got all crazy-hyped with the second so i lucked out with that. still, i haven't heard anything about the fourth installment...

maybe wait for a quick target clearance like the psp accessories, though i doubt it with the popularity of guitar hero... i don't know about 3rd party accessories (will they make a 3rd party wii guitar?) coz the ps2 ones my friends had didn't feel right at all...

[quote name='Wooten']I don't feel so bad buying a second bundle now, at least I should be able to trade in the game after they release the standalone guitars.[/QUOTE]

I feel exactly the same way.

The game by itself seems to sell for about $20 on ebay/$30 on half.com, which means that paying an extra $30 for the game+guitar bundle and then reselling the game isn't a smart move, especially if you have sales tax in your state.

[quote name='phattsoe']i remember doing that with guitar hero II. not as many people were playing it back when the first one came out, but it got all crazy-hyped with the second so i lucked out with that. still, i haven't heard anything about the fourth installment...

maybe wait for a quick target clearance like the psp accessories, though i doubt it with the popularity of guitar hero... i don't know about 3rd party accessories (will they make a 3rd party wii guitar?) coz the ps2 ones my friends had didn't feel right at all...[/quote]They announced a while back now that there are going to be three GH games in 2008. The first one, GH: Aerosmith, is supposed to launch in Q2.

http://wii.ign.com/objects/142/14229603.html

But maybe that will be a $30 game only title, since it will likely not have more than 30 songs.

[quote name='red_devil3']I mean really, this is just a classic controller shell which REQUIRES you to use a $40 Wiimote. So ultimately the cost of this guitar is $100. WTF! It uses the Wiimote rumble, the wiimote's wireless functions, etc....I bet it doesn't cost them more than $20 to make.[/quote]
That doesn't make sense. You make it seem like you HAVE to buy a Wii Remote JUST for the guitar. Think of it this way. You buy 4 remotes for Wii and 2 guitars. You buy 4 controllers 4 PS3/Xbox 360 and 2 guitars.

[quote name='mephitical']The game by itself seems to sell for about $20 on ebay/$30 on half.com, which means that paying an extra $30 for the game+guitar bundle and then reselling the game isn't a smart move, especially if you have sales tax in your state.[/quote]

Smart or not, I felt it was worth it for the option to play with other people for these last few months.

[quote name='Clarke']That doesn't make sense. You make it seem like you HAVE to buy a Wii Remote JUST for the guitar. Think of it this way. You buy 4 remotes for Wii and 2 guitars. You buy 4 controllers 4 PS3/Xbox 360 and 2 guitars.[/quote]

Well not everybody buys multiple Wii remotes. Let's say you mainly play GH III, and want to have an extra guitar just so some friend(s) of your come over and join in. If you had a 360/PS2/3 you would just need to spend $60 on a guitar, but for the Wii you would have to buy a Wiimote too...bringing the cost ultimately up to $100 for the guitar.

[quote name='MorPhiend']They announced a while back now that there are going to be three GH games in 2008. The first one, GH: Aerosmith, is supposed to launch in Q2.

http://wii.ign.com/objects/142/14229603.html

But maybe that will be a $30 game only title, since it will likely not have more than 30 songs.[/QUOTE]
according to EGM there are 4 games this year. GH4, GH: Aerosmith, and two others. The sentence used to describe one of them was "this band rocks in mysterious ways". GH: U2, maybe?

Boohoo. You paid $250 for your system, and knew coming in your Guitar Hero experience would most likely be gimped in one way or another.

And to people complaining about $100 guitars, like you don't have more than one Wiimote for your Wii bowling parties already.

I didn't know it was time to make unfounded assumptions about everyone and their Wii. Was there an announcement?

I hadn't looked at it like a $100 guitar before, that definitely makes multiplayer gaming difficult.

hm, about the $100 guitar idea - i'd think that most everyone has at least 2 wiimotes (which is why wiiplay has been on top 10 sales lists forever), especially since wiisports just beckons you to play with someone... anyways, with bune bringing to light the future guitar hero games this year, i guess i'll wait for another bundle (and some redoctane.com promo loving).

wow... what a ripoff! The unfortunate thing is that people will still buy it, as it's not like they have a backup explorer to use.

[quote name='Bune']according to EGM there are 4 games this year. GH4, GH: Aerosmith, and two others. The sentence used to describe one of them was "this band rocks in mysterious ways". GH: U2, maybe?[/quote]

SO help me bob, if GH: U2 doesn't come to the Wii...blood will be spilled

bread's done
Back