Wii Holiday Season

Dicerion

CAGiversary!
Hey guys I was going to pick up a Wii for my parents this week for a christmas gift before the holiday rush and a friend of mine suggested that i pick up 2 or 3 of them to sell and make a profit around christmas time.

I was wondering if you guys think this would be a good idea and do you think the demand will be as crazy as it was last year?

I was also thinking about picking up wii fits as i see them since it seems these are rare now and will probably be even more difficult to find come the holiday season.

Opinions?

Odds are the "CAG morality squad" will be here to tell you you're an asshole for trying to make money off of Wiis, but just ignore them:

In my opinion, Wii's Wii Fits and Mario Kart Wii will all be impossible to find this holiday season. The Wii is a pretty big investment, but I've been stockpiling Mario Karts and Wii Fits for a while now.

3rd year and most likely wont be a ton of profit to be made after the new fee schedule etc on ebay.

If you can find them buy it at a place with a 90 day return.. that will put you close to Crhistams within your return window.

I doubt it will be worth it.

for your parents, you definitely should pick up one. for profit? im not so sure if it'll be as crazy as it was from the past 2 holiday season. it could be though. keep in mind that you might also get flamed for this thread.

Just an opinion, but I think you'll make more profit on Wii Fit, plus you won't be spending near as much to do it.

Would you rather spend $90 to make an addition $70, or would you prefer to spend $260 (after tax) to make possibly $100.

I know which way I would go.

Thanks for dropping some knowledge, yeah I am sure this isn't the moral thing to do but hey we all like to have a little extra money sometimes, and you know what, everybody has the same chance as I do right now to get them while they are available, it is your own mistake to wait until last minute to make a purchase.

Definitely going to look into those wii fit's though.

[quote name='Monstarr']I have been trying to sell mine and no one will buy.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, because right now you can easily find them, reason being is because people are sending their kids to school, college kids are going to school, people are saving for Christmas, it's money-crunch time right now and no one's spending. Wait until November though...

IMO there is nothing worng with buying Wii's to resell, how is it a moral issue? if it is then all stores that buy them for $200 and sell them for $250 are wrong!!

I still, to this day, have only seen 2 Wiis, EVER. They were both at a Wal-Mart near Wausau, Wisconsin. And this was a year ago, when they were popular. So the only reason they could have been there, is because I was in the middle of nowhere, and nobody was around to buy them. Anyway, I have yet to see another.

I've dabbled in the concept of buying/reselling but to be honest, I know it would just piss me off as a regular joe that I can't go to a store and buy something because people are 'messing' with the supply curve.

Beyond that, I'm sure you could make a few bucks, but is it really worth your time and effort? Go and pick up an extra shift at your job if you're hardup for money.

Definitely invest in an extra 1 or 2. This guy I know told me the other day that there will be a shortage again this christmas. This guy is a big time reseller. Check this out! He currently has 50 Wii's, 70 Wii Fits, 67 Mario Karts, and numerous Wii Wheels. This dude is so ready for the holiday season.

Are you serious? Is it really worth the time and effort? I will answer that for you, HELL YEAH! Let me tell you something. As long as there is Ebay or Amazon. I will never work a part-time job again. For several years I kept a full-time job and a part-time job at the same time. It is a waste of time working a part-time job, if you have reselling as an option. I can sell 1 or 2 items and make more money then I would had I worked a full week part-time. No brainer. Go for it. And as for those who has something to say about it, FUNK THEM.

[quote name='ricoraney']Are you serious? Is it really worth the time and effort? I will answer that for you, HELL YEAH! Let me tell you something. As long as there is Ebay or Amazon. I will never work a part-time job again. For several years I kept a full-time job and a part-time job at the same time. It is a waste of time working a part-time job, if you have reselling as an option. I can sell 1 or 2 items and make more money then I would had I worked a full week part-time. No brainer. Go for it. And as for those who has something to say about it, FUNK THEM.[/QUOTE]

Seriously, if there's a demand for it, there is NOTHING wrong with buying and reselling. I have no idea why so many people get their panties in a bunch around here because of it, but man, I've got nowhere NEAR that many Mario Karts, Wii Wheels and Wii Fits, but I got enough to make me a good bit this holiday season! :)

I was wondering why you guys thing Mario Kart is going to be hot this Christmas. On eBay right now its going for the retail price or a little lower. Is it that hard to find in stores? I haven't really looked but I've noticed it there a few times.

[quote name='Dokstarr']I was wondering why you guys thing Mario Kart is going to be hot this Christmas. On eBay right now its going for the retail price or a little lower. Is it that hard to find in stores? I haven't really looked but I've noticed it there a few times.[/QUOTE]

Since it's been released, it's been damn near impossible to find until recently. It's harder to produce because it comes with a wheel, it's more desirable because of that as well. It's easy to find now because people can't really afford luxuries at the moment due to school, saving for christmas, etc. Come Christmas time it will be damn near impossible to find it anywhere, mark my words.

I have yet to go into Toys R Us (which I do several times a week) and not seen a stack of Mario Karts and usually a display of Wiis ever since Mario Kart was released.

I went into a few stores around my area and no one has wii's or wii fits. I went to a best buy by my gf's apartment and they had maybe 20 or so wii's, I was blown away and picked up one instantly. If they have them again this weekend I may pick up a few. Have you guys ever had an issues buying more then one at once?

Im not too sure about the mario karts, do you really think they will be that big of a seller?

If the market falls out and you have a stack your taking a loss this year. Its a risk and not guaranteed money this year.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Cmosfm']Odds are the "CAG morality squad" will be here to tell you you're an asshole for trying to make money off of Wiis, but just ignore them:

In my opinion, Wii's Wii Fits and Mario Kart Wii will all be impossible to find this holiday season. The Wii is a pretty big investment, but I've been stockpiling Mario Karts and Wii Fits for a while now.[/quote]
buy buy buy!!!

I have a small warehouse of wii fits right now, Christmas is coming and they will be a hot commodity

Everyone's buying Wii Fit to resell it this Christmas. It's going to oversaturate the market.. think of when the PS3 launched. You'll still be able to turn a profit, but probably not much of one.

I actually think the money will be with Rock Band 2 and GH:WT bundles.. especially Wii and PS2 bundles.

[quote name='Scorch']I actually think the money will be with Rock Band 2 and GH:WT bundles.. especially Wii and PS2 bundles.[/QUOTE]

Given the fact that stores are already oversaturated with bundles for Rock Band, GH3, GH2, and GH: Aerosmith... yeah... you might be right on this one. ;)

bread's done
Back