Wii in stock @ Amazon...

I think the Wii shortage is actually coming to a close. I've had many chances to purchase a Wii both online and b&m in the past month or two.

Most stores have stock at any given time now but idiots are still buying them at a premium on CL and ebay. Amazon is technically cheaper than everyone because you don't have to pay to drive around looking and most of us don't have to pay tax.

[quote name='koji126']I think the Wii shortage is actually coming to a close. I've had many chances to purchase a Wii both online and b&m in the past month or two.[/QUOTE]

I don't think so, I just think this is increased holiday stock like Nintendo promised. If you can still find them regularly online like this in a month or two then you're probably right.

Stores around my area are still out of stock on the Wii. They get em more frequently, but they sell out just as fast. I agree that the big N is getting more out, but I dunno if there will be Wiis sitting around the shelves come December.

There was a quote somewhere from the Gamespot CEO saying there's been a recent flood of Wiis to prep for the holiday sales. He said something along the lines that it'd last them until early Dec.

I have been seeing more and more Wii systems at stores lately, sometimes 40+ systems stacked high. But yeah, more often than not stores still seem sold out.

Amazon has had wii in stock a lot this week. I've been seeing them more and more at stores as well. I think Nintendo is finally starting to meet demand, but it'll get tight again very soon. After Christmas I bet the Wii shortages will start to end. I thought that last year too though... I really have seen a lot of them around now though, so I think there's a good chance demand is starting to slow, or they're producing more.

I ended up buying a new one. Probably stupid, but my first one is broken and I really want to play Warioland. Granted it's last gen hardware, but even THAT is extraordinarily unusual to see a 2D game on.

The warnings about "too similar to Warioland 4!" and "too easy!" are falling on deaf ears, as I *want* my games to be easy and pain free, and I *love* Warioland 4 (and 1 and 2 and to a lesser extent 3).

[quote name='charlescheese']I think Nintendo is finally starting to meet demand, but it'll get tight again very soon. After Christmas I bet the Wii shortages will start to end.[/QUOTE] Just in time for Nintendo to introduce it's rumored "Wii HD" incremental hardware upgrade to send demand through the roof again. I wonder how Nintendo will avoid pissing off fans who have bought download games that are tied to their old Wii system and can't be carried over to their new Wii HD system.

Nintendo needs to fix that, at least make it a normal "activation" system like other platforms have.

I lost ALL my stuff I "bought", and I'm not dumb enough to ever "buy" anything on their store again.

[quote name='charlescheese']Amazon has had wii in stock a lot this week. I've been seeing them more and more at stores as well. I think Nintendo is finally starting to meet demand, but it'll get tight again very soon. After Christmas I bet the Wii shortages will start to end. I thought that last year too though... I really have seen a lot of them around now though, so I think there's a good chance demand is starting to slow, or they're producing more.[/quote]

Or could it be that since the dollar has gained strength relative to the euro recently, that Nintendo has adjusted their allocation models to send more to the USA? I too have seen Wiis in stock quite often in mt local Targets and Gamestops. Though my wife did mention that Nintendo said they would have two major supply runs stateside: one before Thanksgiving and one b/w T-day and Christmas.

I don't see why you thought you should copy this thread from the 1UP boards when it clearly had a fairly negative/indifferent response there, Slaughter.

In terms of hardware, no question. They could be selling current-gen hardware for this price :( (I still wish the Gamecube had been a huge success...we'd have them focusing on real games and we'd have a current gen system...with yummy Mario games and who knows what kind of original content...)

[quote name='Thrinn']Just in time for Nintendo to introduce it's rumored "Wii HD" incremental hardware upgrade to send demand through the roof again. I wonder how Nintendo will avoid pissing off fans who have bought download games that are tied to their old Wii system and can't be carried over to their new Wii HD system.[/quote]

[quote name='Wolfpup']Nintendo needs to fix that, at least make it a normal "activation" system like other platforms have.

I lost ALL my stuff I "bought", and I'm not dumb enough to ever "buy" anything on their store again.[/quote]

Simply...you attach it to your Nintendo account (the account you can make in www.nintendo.com ) and you may download them again when you link your new Wii to THAT account. The Wii is the main reason one should open an account in www.nintendo.com to be able to link that account to your Wii and be able to download your content again when you link into it from a new Wii.

[quote name='daknight']Simply...you attach it to your Nintendo account (the account you can make in www.nintendo.com ) and you may download them again when you link your new Wii to THAT account. The Wii is the main reason one should open an account in www.nintendo.com to be able to link that account to your Wii and be able to download your content again when you link into it from a new Wii.[/QUOTE]

UPDATE: I've tried, and you can *NOT* do this. You can not redownload content unfortunately.

Are you sure?!? I'll try that tonight! I'm almost positive that WON'T work, as I've done a lot of research on this in the past. If it does, that's fantastic. I'll try to report back, but I'm expecting that it WON'T work.

If it does work, then I'm going to start buying Virtual Console games again!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='cheaphuck']Note to Nintendo: Maybe you should keep production up all year around so there no shortages for the other 10 months.[/quote]QFT. Seriously, I don't care for the Wii, but around here, you still can't walk into a retail store and expect to see these in stock. Two years after release and there are still shortage problems? Give me a break...

Haven't seen a Wii in stock on Amazon since last year and now that I do...I don't have the urge to buy one lol. Guess my interest finally died.

*shrugs*

[quote name='hostyl1']Or could it be that since the dollar has gained strength relative to the euro recently, that Nintendo has adjusted their allocation models to send more to the USA? I too have seen Wiis in stock quite often in mt local Targets and Gamestops. Though my wife did mention that Nintendo said they would have two major supply runs stateside: one before Thanksgiving and one b/w T-day and Christmas.[/QUOTE]
It may contribute a little, but both the dollar and euro have fallen quite a bit against the yen. Selling Wii's in both Europe and the US is hurting Nintendo in Japan.

[quote name='daknight']Simply...you attach it to your Nintendo account (the account you can make in www.nintendo.com ) and you may download them again when you link your new Wii to THAT account. The Wii is the main reason one should open an account in www.nintendo.com to be able to link that account to your Wii and be able to download your content again when you link into it from a new Wii.[/QUOTE]

I just double checked, and unfortunately you can NOT do this. You can relink your account, but it does NOT let you redownload your games. Really sucks, as I am out probably $100+ (which was my own fault, I knew this could happen). But at any rate, it sucks 'cause I'm never buying anything again from Nintendo's download service, and there are still games I'd love to play on there :whistle2:(

They are stockpiling these at work to. We are less then two weeks away from black friday and these are in stock left and right, looks like Nintendo has finally been able to satisfy demand. Only took them two years :p Granted if they keep selling at this rate for the next few years they will catch up with the PS2 and that's a feat in itself.

I only got four games for my wii this year: Mario Kart, Smash Brothers, Wii Fit and *drum roll* No More Heroes. Seems to be the trend for wii owners outside of NMH. Wish there were better third party games out there.

bread's done
Back