Wii Internet.. slow?

Chronotrigga

CAGiversary!
Feedback
26 (100%)
Does anyone else find the Wii internet to be real slow? It might take like 5+ min to load CAG. But, for some strange reason.. today CAG and other sites load in like 1sec.

My wired connection seems to load pages at almost the same the speed as my computer, maybe just a little bit slower.

[quote name='greyzieoriental']maybe you should add the official nintendo internet browser friend code[/quote]

XD

I've really noticed no speed troubles... except for stuff like YouTube, but that doesn't count.

Yeah, it's somewhat slow, but shouldn't be anywhere near that slow.

My main issue is how many of the online channels take a while to pop up (i.e. black screen for anywhere from 20 seconds to over a minute at times) rather than being seemless like the 360's online stuff.

No real issues with the speed once stuff is up--the VC store aside as it's fairly slow.

[quote name='dmaul1114']Yeah, it's somewhat slow, but shouldn't be anywhere near that slow.

My main issue is how many of the online channels take a while to pop up (i.e. black screen for anywhere from 20 seconds to over a minute at times) rather than being seemless like the 360's online stuff.

No real issues with the speed once stuff is up--the VC store aside as it's fairly slow.[/quote]

You don't have WiiConnect turned on, do you? I think if WiiConnect is turned off, the channels load significantly slower.

[quote name='lebowsky']You don't have WiiConnect turned on, do you? I think if WiiConnect is turned off, the channels load significantly slower.[/QUOTE]

It is slower, but it was still pretty slow when I had it on.

But I see no point in having it on since I seldom turn the Wii on anyway, and even when I do I rarely do any of the online functions anyway.

Jesus, if you don't play your Wii why do you even bother coming into the Wii forums?
[quote name='dmaul1114']It is slower, but it was still pretty slow when I had it on.

But I see no point in having it on since I seldom turn the Wii on anyway, and even when I do I rarely do any of the online functions anyway.[/quote]

[quote name='naes']Jesus, if you don't play your Wii why do you even bother coming into the Wii forums?[/QUOTE]

I do play it, but just when the big games are out. Zelda, Metroid, Mario. And I like to keep up on what's coming out when, user impressions of games etc.

Always been a huge Nintendo fan, Wii has just gotten off to a slow start for me. But I have hopes it will pick up going forward just like the DS did.

bread's done
Back