Wii lan Adapter, anyone know where I can get it cheap

gamoe

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Yes I know its sad I don't have a wireless connection :lol:. However I don't believe I should pay $30+tax just to play online with my wii. So if anybody knows a cheap reliable wii lan adapter, please let me know.

[quote name='UnderwaterMadman']Why not buy a cheap wireless router?[/quote]

+1, especially if you have a laptop in your house, it's great to get online anywhere. Just remember to password-protect it so the neighbours don't steal your connection.

[quote name='Lone_Prodigy']+1, especially if you have a laptop in your house, it's great to get online anywhere. Just remember to password-protect it so the neighbours don't steal your connection.[/quote]

I'm a noob to this so I figured a cheap wireless router = more lag

Sorry to burst your bubble, but Wii online games aren't the most lag-free games in the world. :p

Might as well get a cheap wireless box for your Wii and have any other wireless box in your place benefit.

[quote name='poiuiu']Sorry to burst your bubble, but Wii online games aren't the most lag-free games in the world. :p[/quote]

I understand that, but wouldn't buying a cheap router add on to that lag as well as hurt the speed of anything else using it

[quote name='gamoe']I understand that, but wouldn't buying a cheap router add on to that lag as well as hurt the speed of anything else using it[/QUOTE]
I wouldn't think so. Even if you were to go with the lan adapter to decrease lag on your end, everyone else online is using Wi-Fi so you'd still end up with just as much lag.

I have to agree with the folks suggesting the router method. My friend got a decent wireless router around Christmas for 25 bucks at Futureshop. Just make sure it's compatible on the list at http://www.nintendowifi.com

Then you'll get the bonus of using your DS, PSP or whatever else online, too!

The Wii wireless dongle is annoying because you need to use it on your PC, which means it has to be on and you have to install their software. It also only works on Windows.

bread's done
Back