Wii Launch Titles - What are you going to get?

LinkinPrime

CAGiversary!
Feedback
170 (100%)
FIRST-PARTY US WII TITLES
  • Excite Truck
  • The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
  • Wii Sports (bundled with the Wii console)
THIRD-PARTY US WII TITLES
  • Call of Duty 3
  • Marvel: Ultimate Alliance
  • Rapala Tournament Fishing
  • Tony Hawk's Downhill Jam
  • World Series of Poker
  • Trauma Center: Second Opinion
  • Madden NFL 07
  • Need for Speed: Carbon
  • Elebits
  • Blazing Angels: Squadrons of WWII
  • Far Cry: Vengeance
  • GT Pro Series
  • Monster 4x4: World Circuit
  • Open Season
  • Rayman Raving Rabbids
  • Red Steel
  • Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Double Agent
  • Super Monkey Ball: Banana Blitz
List taken from http://www.gamespot.com/news/6157625.html

I'll be getting Zelda and Trauma Center on Day 1.

Day 1:
Zelda
Trauma Center
Madden
Red Steel
Metal Slug Anthology (wonder if that one got bumped off launch day)

At some point:
Marvel: Ultimate Alliance
Excite Truck

Others will have to be looked at as they come.

Out of the list, these would be the 3 I'd start with, not counting Wii Sports since it's bundled in:

The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
Far Cry: Vengeance
Red Steel

Wow, Metal Slug isn't even a launch title anymore? Between that and Metroid I think I'm gonna wait until early 2007. The majority of this list I've either played (Trauma Center) or can just get on a different system, minus a few games like Red Steel.

The only two games I'd get, Truama Center and Zelda, aren't even "exclusive" to the system, so I can be patient.

Zelda and Trauma Center, fo shiz.
I dont know what the deal with Wii Sports is. I read that the one that comes with the Wii has 5 games, but I also read that its supposed to have 30 games. Is there another Wii Sports coming out later with more games, and the one packaged with the Wii is just a demo?

out of that list=

Zelda: Twilight Princess
Trauma Center: Second Opinion
Red Steel

If that ends up being the launch list, I'll have to spend some extra money on getting some accessories.

Zelda for me, Rayman for my gf, and either Trauma Center or Marvel: Ultimate Alliance. I'm probably leaning more to Marvel: UA, unless something comes around between now and then on how bad it might be

Zelda and Metal Slug would be my choices for first and second games, but who knows what will be out next year when I actually end up buying a Wii....

[quote name='6669']Zelda and Trauma Center, fo shiz.
I dont know what the deal with Wii Sports is. I read that the one that comes with the Wii has 5 games, but I also read that its supposed to have 30 games. Is there another Wii Sports coming out later with more games, and the one packaged with the Wii is just a demo?[/quote]

The 30 Sports thing was a rumor from EGM. I guess it didnt come true...

[quote name='LinkinPrime']The 30 Sports thing was a rumor from EGM. I guess it didnt come true...[/quote]There is another cgme that pool, ping pong, etc.

[quote name='pop311']There is another cgme that pool, ping pong, etc.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, that's what I was thinking. Is that the other Wii Sports game, or is it somethin else?

edit. According to this: http://wii.ign.com/articles/732/732678p1.html
"The event also confirmed that Nintendo would put out a separate collection of mini-games, titled Hajimete no Wii ("Starting Out With Wii"). The game compilation includes a packed-in Wii Remote (for two-player action) and features nine different minigames, such as the Duck Hunt-like demo and ping pong games shown previously. Hajimete no Wii will ship at the same time as the console on December 2 and sell for 4,800 yen."
edit too. http://wii.ign.com/articles/732/732754p1.html

Zelda and Trauma Center are the obvious choices. I'm keeping my eye on Super Monkey Ball: Banana Blitz, Excite Truck, and Red Steel.

When do WarioWare: Smooth Moves and Battalion Wars 2 come out? Are Starting Out With Wii or Wing Island gonna come out here?

Only definites on Day 1 are Zelda, Wii Sports, and Trauma Center. I'm waiting for more info on the Metal Slug Anthology before I decide between the Wii and PSP versions and there's some other launch window games I'm considering getting too.

Zelda and Trauma Center for me. I might pick up Red Steel and Madden depending on the reviews.. Excite Truck and Elebits maybe as well, but I'll probably just ask for a couple out of those four for Christmas or something. The others don't really interest me much.

I can't buy a new Nintendo system without a Mario game.

No Mario, no sale. I've got a back log to catch up on anyway.

Perhaps I'll convince myself if the classic games library includes Mario and is available at launch.

Day One:
Zelda is obligatory.
Probably Elebits.

Maybe week 2 or 3:
Trauma Center
Excite Truck

Waiting for reviews on:
Red Steel
Rayman

Zelda and Trauma Center for sure, as well as Metal slug if that's a launch title (wasn't it confirmed by SNK to be a launch title?) Red steel and Excitetruck are possibilities, not sure about the others at this point.

(No Galaxies?)

For some reason I think Excite Truck looks awesome. I was gunna get Red Steel, but I've heard some not so great things about it, so I'm gunna wait for the reviews.

[quote name='omegaweapon7']why the fuck is the entire third party list multi-system?? (cept for 2 or 3)[/quote]

To me that doesnt even matter since the wii has the new controller. Playing that farcry on the xbox and wii will be a completely different game.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']FIRST-PARTY US WII TITLES
  • Excite Truck
  • The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
  • Wii Sports (bundled with the Wii console)
THIRD-PARTY US WII TITLES
  • Call of Duty 3
  • Marvel: Ultimate Alliance
  • Rapala Tournament Fishing
  • Tony Hawk's Downhill Jam
  • World Series of Poker
  • Trauma Center: Second Opinion
  • Madden NFL 07
  • Need for Speed: Carbon
  • Elebits
  • Blazing Angels: Squadrons of WWII
  • Far Cry: Vengeance
  • GT Pro Series
  • Monster 4x4: World Circuit
  • Open Season
  • Rayman Raving Rabbids
  • Red Steel
  • Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Double Agent
List taken from http://www.gamespot.com/news/6157625.html

I'll be getting Zelda and Trauma Center on Day 1.[/quote]

Zelda, Madden, Excite Truck, Red Steel, Elebits, Tony Hawk, and maybe Marvel.

Wii Sports and Zelda. I'm vowing to not have a backlog of games anymore, so the nothing more till I'm done with Zelda.

I've had pre-orders on Trauma Center and Metal Slug for awhile. I'm going to add Zelda and Excite Truck, too. I don't know though...my enthusiasm for getting the Wii this year really faded once they announced Metroid Prime 3 is coming out in 2007. Hopefully by next Christmas we'll be playing 3rd party games from companies like Capcom, SquareEnix, and Konami that aren't Elebits.

Def
Zelda
Red Steel(unless the reviews blow)

Maybe at launch or a lil later depending on cash and reviews

* Marvel: Ultimate Alliance
* Trauma Center: Second Opinion
* Madden NFL 07
* Elebits
* Rayman Raving Rabbids
* Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Double Agent

bread's done
Back