Wii LICENSED Component Cable $19.99 + Free Shipping

Is there any difference between the licensed cables and the 3rd party cables? I g/f bought me a Wii set for X-Mas and it had component cables with it, but of course, they weren't licensed. I know there was a big deal with the GC compnent cables were people said there was a big difference between licensed and 3rd part component.

I always appreciate your posts, NFG.

First party cable for $20 is a very good deal. Bundle this with a Wii Points card, assuming they're still $17.99, and you have your free shipping.

I'm always using first party cables for all my systems, unless there's no other choice, or it's an open standard (like HDMI).

[quote name='cycophuk']Is there any difference between the licensed cables and the 3rd party cables? I g/f bought me a Wii set for X-Mas and it had component cables with it, but of course, they weren't licensed. I know there was a big deal with the GC compnent cables were people said there was a big difference between licensed and 3rd part component.[/quote]
From what I've seen 3rd party cables are usually 6 ft? Nintendo's are 8 ft. I think thats all

I bought these in May when Amazon had them for $14.99 as the deal of the day. It looks like now Amazon has a "reduced" icon with them, so I am guessing it will go back lower, if not another DotD soon.

As far as quality, I can't tell any difference between the madcatz ones I also have, but overall I don't expect much from wii graphics to begin with. All of them look somewhat grainy on an hdtv. I would expe.t the other 3rd party ones to be similar unless they are really poorly made or if you need thick shielding.

Since the deal is dead, these component cables make the Wii look less assy on an HDTV, right? What are the cheapest yet good quality cables to make the Wii picture look clear and nice on an HD?

[quote name='dg7md']Since the deal is dead, these component cables make the Wii look less assy on an HDTV, right? What are the cheapest yet good quality cables to make the Wii picture look clear and nice on an HD?[/quote]

Well, S-Video cables can't send a 480p signal, so these are it, if I understand your question correctly.

dg7md, check monoprice.com. Frankly, I think that's the one and only place anybody should buy cables from. Forget name brand, forget big box stores. Monoprice is the shit. Dirt cheap, even with shipping, but the cables are very nice quality.

I picked up my component Wii cables at dealextreme a while back... Couldn't really beat ~$5-6 shipped. You can really notice the difference with the cables, and games look so much more crisp and clear now. With the Wii's sub-par graphics, these things are a MUST HAVE. I still kick myself for having my Wii for nearly a year and not getting these cables. I doubt there is really much difference between 1st party and 3rd party... It's likely all made in China anyway ;)

[quote name='crunchb3rry']dg7md, check monoprice.com. Frankly, I think that's the one and only place anybody should buy cables from. Forget name brand, forget big box stores. Monoprice is the shit. Dirt cheap, even with shipping, but the cables are very nice quality.[/quote]

Thank you, I'm looking into doing this.

[quote name='shrike4242']or it's an open standard (like HDMI).[/quote]Being an open standard has nothing to do with the quality of of other cables. The fact is that all consoles use the same video output standards (because they all have to work with the same subset of TVs per country) but use proprietary connectors with the different video and audio lines going to their own pin-out design. The only thing 3rd party manufacturers need to recreate is the actual connector, which is no more than molded plastic and wire.

Any difference you see between 3rd and 1st party AV cables is primarily due to the actual quality of the componenents. As many of you know, you will not see any difference between 1st and 3rd party cables when it comes to any digital connection. Either the signal goes through or it doesn't with digital.

Might want to check your HDTV and your receiver before buying these. I just got the Nintendo cables, but there's not enough distance to hook up both the video cables to the TV and the audio cables to my receiver for surround.

[quote name='cognitive77']Might want to check your HDTV and your receiver before buying these. I just got the Nintendo cables, but there's not enough distance to hook up both the video cables to the TV and the audio cables to my receiver for surround.[/QUOTE]

You just need some extension cables. I think all the Wii cables have short audio ends.

It's nice that these are licensed, but I really don't see the point of buying any cables from any place that isn't monoprice.com. The prices are cheap, the cables are good, and the shipping is fast. Monoprice and Newegg are perhaps the best websites on the internet to buy from period.

LOL, I was about to mention monoprice. I ordered a ton of cables from them for practically nothing a few months ago, $6 Wii component cables included. I'm just now actually getting a TV to use them (Tuesday!!!) but shit, I couldn't pass up $6 Wii comp cables! Monoprice has a lifetime guarantee too, and I believe if you're not happy with the quality they'll give you a refund.

Long story short, thanks TC, but GO MONOPRICE!

[quote name='NintendoFanGirl']Anyone know how, or if, I can edit the title of my thread to show that the deal is dead?[/QUOTE]
At the bottom of your post, click the "edit" button. On the bottom of the box that opens, there's a button that says "Go Advanced." Click that and it'll take you to another screen. You should be able to edit the title from there.

[quote name='brainmunch']As many of you know, you will not see any difference between 1st and 3rd party cables when it comes to any digital connection. Either the signal goes through or it doesn't with digital.[/quote]

Exactly. But is a component connection digital or analog? I thought it was analog, especially since it uses the same audio connections as composite cables.

I guess I should go look that up.

bread's done
Back